Quantcast
Best mid-sized pickup? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mid-sized pickup?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My same thoughts when I purchased one....then got rid of it for an F150. Although I didn't push the limits too much, it was a lot easier to do things with a truck with way more capability than I needed. Towing with the ridgeline was never fun (or felt that safe) whereas with the F150 I barely notice the trailer. Same thing hauling sod, gravel, etc. Moved my entire household with just the ridgeline also...Ya, it got the job done - but was always awkward.

A good gateway truck....
    To get all the RL Touring features in an F-150, I'd have to get at least a Lariat. I could buy another car for the difference in prices there.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    To get all the RL Touring features in an F-150, I'd have to get at least a Lariat. I could buy another car for the difference in prices there.
    Please see f150 thread for current lease incentive!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That and no one pays sticker for a Ford. The Honda? Full rice no covid bankruptcy sales for you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

I have a bike with me almost daily. The bed on the Ridgeline was a few inches too short and not deep enough to lock a bike under the tonneau without removing a wheel etc. Not a big deal overall, but it got very annoying. The rear seat room was 'good enough' also - but when you factor in 2 kids, dogs, a cooler, etc. - it got cramped in a hurry.

Other issues like a rusting around the gas cap seams (from the inside out), galvanic corrosion on the radiator fasteners, and flakey electronics at times (stereo lights would flash now and then) also made me question the build quality. Not that my Ford experience has been any better though...

Bike racks: I had a bar across the front of the tonneau on the ridgeline with 4 fork mounted bikes, racks on the roof for 2 bikes, and a 4 bike hitch rack on the rear for a total of 10 bikes. Did work well for hauling bikes for 4+ people to races...
    what year was your RL?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the desire to carry as many as 6 bikes around why you would choose a truck with as small a bed as a ridgeline.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    If you're comparing MSRP sure. My Lariat was just shy of $70k list - and paid ~$51k all in.

My ridgeline was a first gen. Yes, it has improved slightly...but I couldn't justify $50+k for a new ridgeline when I could get a Lariat for a the same price.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 01-08-2021 at 01:30 PM.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around the desire to carry as many as 6 bikes around why you would choose a truck with as small a bed as a ridgeline.
    Was my first truck. lol If you're heading to a race with 4 people and each has a bike and a spare....
    Also if we're heading on vacation to BC (family of 4) we usually each have a road bike and mountain bike at least....
    Last edited by CLiVE; 01-08-2021 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    ute

If you're comparing MSRP sure. My Lariat was just shy of $70k list - and paid ~$51k all in.

My ridgeline was a first gen. Yes, it has improved slightly...but I couldn't justify $50+k for a new ridgeline when I could get a Lariat for a the same price.
    This is a pretty old debate: why get a mid size truck when you can get a full size truck for not much more. At MSRP, the Lariat is at least $10K more than the RL. The Ford has more capability, but less practicality. I'm pretty sure the SH-AWD system is much more sophisticated for use on the street in the winter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is a pretty old debate: why get a mid size truck when you can get a full size truck for not much more. At MSRP, the Lariat is at least $10K more than the RL. The Ford has more capability, but less practicality. I'm pretty sure the SH-AWD system is much more sophisticated for use on the street in the winter as well.
    Not too mention how difficult it is to park a 1/2tonne downtown.

Ridgeline is a glorified SUV with a truck bed. The practicality and usability for day to day life is perfect.

I had a 2012 Ram in my younger years, loved having the big 1/2 tonne, but I rarely used it for "truck things".

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I could have easily gotten a relatively decently loaded F150 XLT for the same price as what the ZR2 cost me. My FIL's XLT was just over $50K and so was my ZR2 and my ZR2 doesn't necessarily have that many better options inside as opposed to the F150 other than the leather seats I think. Ultimately it's whatever your needs are I guess.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I could have easily gotten a relatively decently loaded F150 XLT for the same price as what the ZR2 cost me. My FIL's XLT was just over $50K and so was my ZR2 and my ZR2 doesn't necessarily have that many better options inside as opposed to the F150 other than the leather seats I think. Ultimately it's whatever your needs are I guess.
    People in cities regularly over-estimate their truck needs dramatically.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If I didn’t need to haul an unreasonable amount of shit, often oversized, to my rural lake house I wouldn’t need a truck at all.

Only reason I upsized to a half ton, was I want a boat big enough that a 1/4 wouldn’t cut it and because the 1/4’s I liked were stupid overpriced.

If it wasn’t for the boat aspirations my “truck” needs could be solved by a small utility trailer.

fact.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If I didn’t need to haul an unreasonable amount of shit, often oversized, to my rural lake house I wouldn’t need a truck at all.

Only reason I upsized to a half ton, was I want a boat big enough that a 1/4 wouldn’t cut it and because the 1/4’s I liked were stupid overpriced.

If it wasn’t for the boat aspirations my “truck” needs could be solved by a small utility trailer.
    There are services that will come and drop off/pickup (and winterize/store) boats from said remote water based properties for a nominal fee

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    There are services that will come and drop off/pickup (and winterize/store) boats from said remote water based properties for a nominal fee
    There is a long list of reasons why that won’t work for this particular property.

That and that’s exactly what we used to do at Osoyoos, then at Kelowna and it was a fucking nightmare.

fact.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Not too mention how difficult it is to park a 1/2tonne downtown.

Ridgeline is a glorified SUV with a truck bed. The practicality and usability for day to day life is perfect.
    Would agree with this if you're talking downtown Vancouver - sure. Was a nightmare to park my lifted F150 there, and couldn't fit in any parkades.
    Downtown Calgary - not an issue. Fits in most parkades, and lots of surface parking available.

Also with parking sensors etc. on the F150 which I did not have on the ridgeline....I find it easier regardless.

But welcome to your opinion. In my particular case the smaller truck didn't suit our needs. Winter handling - a toss up which is better, both handle amazing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ll be the first to admit parking my 1/2 ton dt isn’t fun. And I am in a very spacious parkade.

Honestly it becomes a lifestyle choice, I traded “will it scrape or get broken into” with the C63, to will I find anywhere to park with the truck.

fact.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yup, that’s why I went midsized... I mean the old F150 isn’t a fair comparison to what it could be like since it had a screw with 6.5ft bed and zero parking aids but it sure did taint living with a half ton for me

Ranger is a breeze, not like I’ve actually had any office to head to since owning it though

I can only assume the ZR2 has serious blind spots though with the pics shak posts

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Yup, that’s why I went midsized... I mean the old F150 isn’t a fair comparison to what it could be like since it had a screw with 6.5ft bed and zero parking aids but it sure did taint living with a half ton for me

Ranger is a breeze, not like I’ve actually had any office to head to since owning it though

I can only assume the ZR2 has serious blind spots though with the pics shak posts
    Savage.

Also, I think it's funny that people are debating over utility vs use-case as if it's an opinion or something.

"Fine, if that's what you need then buy that!"

"Fine, I will!"

"Fine!"

Just goes to show that trucks aren't sexy, they're somewhere between tupperware and microwaves.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Raptors are sexy

Sexy and useless

fact.

My Ride
    V8s

Whats the consensus on the Ford Ridgeline..err Maverick?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...verick-future/

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast