Quantcast
Calgary real estate prospects - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 360 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary real estate prospects

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Exactly, skip the realtor all together. See if the market really cares about them right now and save yourself thousands
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Robert Price will help ya out @ Bode Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the market is so hot, just jack up the price to offset the commission.

Or better yet, sell it yourself? If the market is hot, the only problem is taking care of the paperwork yourself. Save yourself a good chunk of cash.
    Its hot as long as your priced relatively fair, you gotta keep in mind these arent high priced homes so that extra 20-30k is a huge amount to tack onto a home that already is a bit over priced because of this frenzy.

You could also sell yourself im sure but my neighbor was a realtor 10 years ago and they still used a company called Purple brick to sell their current house so its probably not as easy as it sounds or she was a shitty realtor or combo of both lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Reviewing Ontario properties (outside of GTA) right now that are coming in as high as 60% over list... wild times

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Reviewing Ontario properties (outside of GTA) right now that are coming in as high as 60% over list... wild times
    It's basically the residential RE version of a short squeeze, isn't it?

People can't sell their homes to upgrade - too expensive, so supply is constrained. Then when something comes on the market it rockets due to s/d dynamics, and the cycle repeats. At least that is how I see it?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It's basically the residential RE version of a short squeeze, isn't it?

People can't sell their homes to upgrade - too expensive, so supply is constrained. Then when something comes on the market it rockets due to s/d dynamics, and the cycle repeats. At least that is how I see it?
    Yup, basically

Ontario is pretty notorious at this point in intentionally listing low, creating an auction type environment, driving up offers. Made possible due to the lack of inventory vs buyers.

But with what I’m seeing on the income side of things, I’m thinking this time it is due to a lot of people being trapped in their current homes due to not being able to qualify for a new loan, so less sales vs a large buying pool, which makes this current RE market even more alarming than our classic Van/TO bubbles.

I don’t think the WFH, GTA exodus is large enough to really cause this sort of action alone. It’s province wide, just getting crazy

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Yup, basically

Ontario is pretty notorious at this point in intentionally listing low, creating an auction type environment, driving up offers. Made possible due to the lack of inventory vs buyers.

But with what I’m seeing on the income side of things, I’m thinking this time it is due to a lot of people being trapped in their current homes due to not being able to qualify for a new loan, so less sales vs a large buying pool, which makes this current RE market even more alarming than our classic Van/TO bubbles.

I don’t think the WFH, GTA exodus is large enough to really cause this sort of action alone. It’s province wide, just getting crazy
    So, is now the time to sell all the rentals. Buy back after the bubble bursts? In ON. Look into the crystal ball for me

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    So, is now the time to sell all the rentals. Buy back after the bubble bursts? In ON. Look into the crystal ball for me
    Money is cheap; if RE pops the whole country is fucked, might as well be leveraged to the tits on the way out... at least that was the theme of the deals I saw today

Industry professional... just picked up about $3m in rentals out there

My Ride
    ute

Money is cheap; if RE pops the whole country is fucked, might as well be leveraged to the tits on the way out... at least that was the theme of the deals I saw today

Industry professional... just picked up about $3m in rentals out there

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So slumlords should sell out? Or. Double. Down?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Being long RE right now is basically being long gov't bailouts of the RE market.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Being long RE right now is basically being long gov't bailouts of the RE market.
    so schrewd. Gotcha.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I dont think Calgary RE will crash tbh. House prices have been more or less stagnant for ~6 years so a bump up in price even if its 5-10% isn't really much of a change. Van/Tor is fucked though given they've constantly just gone up and up with no rational. Unfortunately the BoC will likely dictate policy to look after those markets rather than rest of Canada.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

How many showings/day is a good number in this market? We decided to price high (listed Friday)
    ) and have had 5 showings/requests so far. Don’t know if that’s hot or not. I guess all that matters is a good offer!

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    How many showings/day is a good number in this market? We decided to price high (listed Friday)
    ) and have had 5 showings/requests so far. Don’t know if that’s hot or not. I guess all that matters is a good offer!
    We're going on the market as early as a week from now. Our block has 1 that's been selling for months, and our other neighbor just posted Friday, posted higher than the one on our block. They're still showing the house today....I think we're gonna price ours low just to get a lineup going and a bidding war. Opposite strategy of what they're doing...

We're in the <$500K market though, cheapest double front drive homes available and 4.5 yrs old, so should get lots of response, knock on wood.

My Ride
    ute

Something is weird right now...sometimes houses in our neck of the woods have taken a year to sell. One just sold in two weeks at 95% asking, where I thought the asking was way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I dont think Calgary RE will crash tbh. House prices have been more or less stagnant for ~6 years so a bump up in price even if its 5-10% isn't really much of a change. Van/Tor is fucked though given they've constantly just gone up and up with no rational. Unfortunately the BoC will likely dictate policy to look after those markets rather than rest of Canada.
    Van/Tor is "fucked" if you are on the prospective buyer's side. Seems pretty fucking nice to be holding a few properties if its bought back in 2014 or earlier...

The opportunity cost and profit different if you bought in calgary vs vancouver/toronto in 2014 is huge
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    Van/Tor is "fucked" if you are on the prospective buyer's side. Seems pretty fucking nice to be holding a few properties if its bought back in 2014 or earlier...

The opportunity cost and profit different if you bought in calgary vs vancouver/toronto in 2014 is huge
    shoulda bought bitcoin

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Back-testing your investment decisions is not a healthy hobby

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I'd say 5 showings on your place so far is great, especially given the price bracket.

Page 17 of 360 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast