Calgary real estate prospects - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 361 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary real estate prospects

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back-testing your investment decisions is not a healthy hobby
    Boy isn’t that right. For mental health purposes, leave it in the past.

Good insight ES.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Im not saying "shoulda". I am just replying to the comment on how "fucked" RE is in Van/Toronto. Stating the fact the situation is good/bad only depending on whether you are a buyer or seller lol.

*edit*

but I do agree, TRY not back test your investment decisions. Coming from someone who mined crypto back in 2013 lol.
    Last edited by Power_Of_Rotary; 03-14-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

Question for you folks...our neighbor, who had their house posted on Friday night (for what I think is an inflated price), their house is now off realtor.ca when I checked this morning. I'm assuming they sold it either Sat or Sunday, my question is how long before we can see the sold price on my realtor's portal link?

I'd ask my realtor but he's super busy and he's not selling our house just yet....and Id ask our neighbor but we've never met them before lol

My Ride
    ////M

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post

I'd ask my realtor but he's super busy and he's not selling our house just yet
    Complete fair question to ask him IMO, should take him all of 3 seconds.

Yup just ask your realtor. You're going to paying them a lot of money when you sell, don't feel bad about it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Question for you folks...our neighbor, who had their house posted on Friday night (for what I think is an inflated price), their house is now off realtor.ca when I checked this morning. I'm assuming they sold it either Sat or Sunday, my question is how long before we can see the sold price on my realtor's portal link?

I'd ask my realtor but he's super busy and he's not selling our house just yet....and Id ask our neighbor but we've never met them before lol
    Once conditions are released usually. The realtor can mark it conditionally sold to pull it off realtor so they stop getting inquiries. So give or take 10 days probably.

But yeah make your realtor work for the commission lol just ask them.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I don't actually know if this is how it works w/ real estate, but I'd be encouraging my realtor to contact the selling agent 1) for pricing information, but more importantly 2) to let them know there's another comparable home coming to market so they could potentially re-engage with buyers that missed your neighbours home.

Thread bump....how's it been going lately (anyone buying/selling/looking)??

We just had our realtor come by with a couple photographers and they were saying that things are starting to pick up (more inventory, bad news)...our house should be on MLS by Thursday, just curious if things are still hot or if the pool of buyers have already mostly found what they're looking (in that case, real bad news for us).

I'm really hoping that at this point, more buyers aren't deciding to hold out for more selection coming?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Thread bump....how's it been going lately (anyone buying/selling/looking)??

We just had our realtor come by with a couple photographers and they were saying that things are starting to pick up (more inventory, bad news)...our house should be on MLS by Thursday, just curious if things are still hot or if the pool of buyers have already mostly found what they're looking (in that case, real bad news for us).

I'm really hoping that at this point, more buyers aren't deciding to hold out for more selection coming?
    Days on market is still averaging under a month for detached so still seems quite hot. Active listings is rising though, as it does every spring (still down a lot from last spring) so that could affect things but also soon we'll be close to people wanting possession when school is out so I'd guess things still stay pretty busy.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Days on market is still averaging under a month for detached so still seems quite hot. Active listings is rising though, as it does every spring (still down a lot from last spring) so that could affect things but also soon we'll be close to people wanting possession when school is out so I'd guess things still stay pretty busy.
    My observation is that there are sticking point prices. I think inventory in the 400-650 or so are moving quick, but 700+ stays on the market for a while. Kind of to be expected, but there was a house we were very much considering which we thought was a good value proposition that is still on the market (actually has been for a very very long time) in spite of a 'wildfire' market.

Some 'funny stuff' happening too... (Vancouver/Toronto style),

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...algary-varsity - Listed at $499, which is probably $100k less than market value for similar homes... essentially said make your offer until the end of the week and highest would get the house.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 03-22-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    My observation is that there are sticking point prices. I think inventory in the 400-650 or so are moving quick, but 700+ stays on the market for a while. Kind of to be expected, but there was a house we were very much considering which we thought was a good value proposition that is still on the market (actually has been for a very very long time) in spite of a 'wildfire' market.

Some 'funny stuff' happening too... (Vancouver/Toronto style),

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...algary-varsity - Listed at $499, which is probably $100k less than market value for similar homes... essentially said make your offer until the end of the week and highest would get the house.
    I wonder what was paid for this slightly spritzed up piece of shit

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I wonder what was paid for this slightly spritzed up piece of shit
    It's directly in from of the Shag with heavy stop and go traffic in front every morning. Not sure they can make any $ at $499.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I can never understand why the first photo of any listing isnt the front of the house. It's the same with cars /vent

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    I can never understand why the first photo of any listing isnt the front of the house. It's the same with cars /vent
    The most important info in a house listing is the location, sqft, lot size and price tag. Pictures are just for window shoppers, essentially. I bet most homes sold in vancouver did not need pictures or even a personal visit (lol corrupt china officials).
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Canyonero

My observation is that there are sticking point prices. I think inventory in the 400-650 or so are moving quick, but 700+ stays on the market for a while.
    I've heard this as well but I can say anecdotally that's not been the case. My parents just listed a place in the high 700s and have had 10+ showings with multiple offers in the last 48hrs. And this is a place with a 35 year old kitchen, etc. Well kept— but original.

My Ride
    V8s

I agree with you, but in the case of this place I can certainly understand why they didn't - the curb appeal is utter dog shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I agree with you, but in the case of this place I can certainly understand why they didn't - the curb appeal is utter dog shit.
    This and all you see 30ft in front of you is the 15ft tall sound barrier to Shag.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

It's a lose-lose situation.

Any listing not using the front of the house as the first photo raises red flags for me and it makes me go find it and figure out why.
    If you do post it as the first photo, people may skip your house altogether right off the bat.

So... yeah lol.

My Ride
    x5 / Mini Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    I've heard this as well but I can say anecdotally that's not been the case. My parents just listed a place in the high 700s and have had 10+ showings with multiple offers in the last 48hrs. And this is a place with a 35 year old kitchen, etc. Well kept— but original.
    I wish high 700s+ were stagnant. We're looking to build when returning to YYC. So far, 4 properties we got leads on in the $900K-$950K range have sold even before they hit the market.
    Hanging out in H-Town.

Miss the Autobahn

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Yeah lol. There is a place in Mahogany in the 700-800 range who placed a FS sign up and it wasn't even listed yet. Then a day later it said SOLD. Lol!

Page 18 of 361 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast