Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2020-2021 Edition - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 297

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2020-2021 Edition

  1. #241
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    1,849
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would have known #of pullups completed would directly translate into effectiveness as an NHL player!
    Didn't Benny have a separated shoulder when that went down?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    08 Porsche CTT
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tre set the team back years.

    Stupid free agent signings and giving away draft picks.
    Yup. The Hamonic trade comes to mind. 1 first and 2 seconds. I would much rather have drafted Noah Dobson with that first than have Hamonic for a few seasons.
    _____ASP______

    current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Benny have a separated shoulder when that went down?
    Yes, it was more tongue in cheek than anything.

    I personally was a fan of Bennett, I don't think they gave him enough opportunity, meanwhile they bring in a bunch of losers year after year and give them ample opportunity.

    the flames development destroyed Bennett.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,742
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    with how the league has changed over the last 10 years there is not many good reasons to trade away picks. Especially so considering how many years a new pick is locked into a contract for

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,019
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would have known #of pullups completed would directly translate into effectiveness as an NHL player!
    Well, I can do zero pull-ups, and I would not be an effective NHL player, so the correlation seems to be valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pizza man doesn't know much about hockey.
    He talks a good game. I can see how people can fall for his BS.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it was more tongue in cheek than anything.

    I personally was a fan of Bennett, I don't think they gave him enough opportunity, meanwhile they bring in a bunch of losers year after year and give them ample opportunity.

    the flames development destroyed Bennett.
    I don't know... Bennett had some good opportunities. Guy works hard but lets be honest he has hands of stone and no scoring touch. A 2nd in return for a bust draft isnt bad.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know... Bennett had some good opportunities. Guy works hard but lets be honest he has hands of stone and no scoring touch. A 2nd in return for a bust draft isnt bad.
    I disagree.

    Every time he made the SLIGHTEST mistake he was benched and relegated back to fourth line duties with a bunch of plugs.
    This usually happened in less than a period.

    Going from a bang and crash, to a skilled stick handler doesn't happen overnight.

    Since March 27, when Sam was given a larger role from Sutter he has 6pts in 6 games.
    Will he be a ppg player? No, but he has the tools to be a 0.6pt/gm player for sure.

    I hope he flourishes and the Flames eat crow.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you aren't a skilled stick handler and playmaker when you enter the NHL, you aren't going to become one.

    He never scored many goals after his rookie year, took lots of stupid penalties, and was a liability defensively.

    He was a hell of a playoff performer though, but whats the point when the rest of the flames are ghosts in the playoffs. He is the kind of guy that steps up big time but lets be honest Sam Bennett isnt going to win us playoff series. He would have been a good part of an overall better team.

    Unless he's lined up with Barkov or Huberdeau he isn't gonna do shit. Except in the playoffs that is haha - So I think he is a good add for Florida

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know... Bennett had some good opportunities. Guy works hard but lets be honest he has hands of stone and no scoring touch. A 2nd in return for a bust draft isnt bad.
    its a low second

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you aren't a skilled stick handler and playmaker when you enter the NHL, you aren't going to become one.

    He never scored many goals after his rookie year, took lots of stupid penalties, and was a liability defensively.

    He was a hell of a playoff performer though, but whats the point when the rest of the flames are ghosts in the playoffs. He is the kind of guy that steps up big time but lets be honest Sam Bennett isnt going to win us playoff series. He would have been a good part of an overall better team.

    Unless he's lined up with Barkov or Huberdeau he isn't gonna do shit. Except in the playoffs that is haha - So I think he is a good add for Florida
    Playing with guys like Jankowski, Brouwer etc etc.. will significantly reduce your scoring opportunities.

    Stupid penalties, sure, I don't disagree there.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing with guys like Jankowski, Brouwer etc etc.. will significantly reduce your scoring opportunities.

    Stupid penalties, sure, I don't disagree there.
    we know who bennet is. Basically every scout prior to the draft had it wrong.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I can do zero pull-ups, and I would not be an effective NHL player, so the correlation seems to be valid.
    I do 40 pull ups in my workout, and I don't think I'd be much of an NHL player. Or maybe I would be.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,019
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    No matter what your opinion is about the opportunities Benny has been given, lets all be honest it hasn't worked. If that's the organizations problem, fine, but there's not changing that now. He had to go, and we got something for him. That draft pick was already a loss for the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    https://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04...3-sam-bennett/

    Oh man going through some of these scouting reports. I mean they had him obviously ranked right behind Leon.

    In all honesty though that wasnt the best draft year looking at it. I mean the first round of course produced all NHL'ers. Year after was a way better draft class, year before was slightly stronger. Bennett just never lived up to expectations.

    He is a decent skater, hard worker... but his shot sucks, he has no finish, and gets too hot headed in regular season. In the playoffs he is right on the edge that makes him super valuable though.

    I declare him.. a bust! I will watch Florida in the playoffs though, will be curious to see how he performs.

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04...3-sam-bennett/

    Oh man going through some of these scouting reports. I mean they had him obviously ranked right behind Leon.

    In all honesty though that wasnt the best draft year looking at it. I mean the first round of course produced all NHL'ers. Year after was a way better draft class, year before was slightly stronger. Bennett just never lived up to expectations.

    He is a decent skater, hard worker... but his shot sucks, he has no finish, and gets too hot headed in regular season. In the playoffs he is right on the edge that makes him super valuable though.

    I declare him.. a bust! I will watch Florida in the playoffs though, will be curious to see how he performs.
    you're generous with your time. I don't watch the Flames when they are bad nowadays. I'm certainly not watching another team.

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're generous with your time. I don't watch the Flames when they are bad nowadays. I'm certainly not watching another team.
    When I say watch, I mean it will be on in the background while I try to keep my kid happy and fed without letting her see the TV haha.

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Edge
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Toronto is starting Rittich tonight.




    I wish the Flames would trade Johnny and Mony already.

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,019
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I didn't know Mormons were fight fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  20. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    08 Porsche CTT
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Toronto is starting Rittich tonight.




    I wish the Flames would trade Johnny and Mony already.

    Crazy story with the Rittich trade. He gets traded, flies with the Flames to Toronto. Moves from the Flames bubble to the Leafs bubble upon arrival. Suits up against his old team. All in the span of 48 hours.

    Also, yes, we need to get rid of Mony and Johnny. Come on Eichel, lets goooooo
    _____ASP______

    current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 US Election mega thread

    By Buster in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 2902
    Latest Threads: 01-29-2021, 09:02 PM
  2. OFFICIAL: 2020 Weather and Road Conditions MEGA THREAD

    By ExtraSlow in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1276
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2020, 11:16 AM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2019-2020 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 588
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
  4. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition

    By forced_eg in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 3485
    Latest Threads: 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
  5. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •