Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2020-2021 Edition - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 319

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2020-2021 Edition

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ditch chucky too. His antics are distracting, sell while value is high

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/NA2/W220/V90/E61/ E46ZHP
    Posts
    5,890
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    I think we are 1-5-1 against Ottawa while everyone else has a winning record against them..... omfgwtfbbq

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    If you want to explain our season in a nutshell, us going 1-5-1 while Edmonton, who wasn't lining up to be that much better, is flawless.

    Beating the bad teams is a prerequisite for being a good team.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want to explain our season in a nutshell, us going 1-5-1 while Edmonton, who wasn't lining up to be that much better, is flawless.

    Beating the bad teams is a prerequisite for being a good team.
    This.

    I can't stand the narrative that "Without Ottawa, Edmonton is a .500 team!"
    Good teams feast on weak teams. The parity in the NHL is higher than it ever has been, any team can win on any given night.
    Seize opportunity.

    At this point I want the flames to call up some kids and let them play, see what we have coming and sell off/ re-tool in the summer.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This.

    The parity in the NHL is higher than it ever has been, any team can win on any given night.
    Not true for a couple teams, Ottawa being one of them. The Flames being another off the top of my head lol...who else, Buffalo?

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Flames have a chance every night. The fact that they have won more against Toronto than Ottawa is proof of that, and shows what thier problem is. Good teams feast on weak teams, and we never have. This is not a defense of them, it's a condemnation. Fuck this current team.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,351
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck this current team.
    This.

    They're infuriating to watch. Win last night and they're right back in it.... nope, lets blow it... again.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    So, win two in a row, but still 4 points back AND the team you are chasing has a game in hand. Nice, we can miss the playoffs by four points instead of eight.

    Even if we win tonight, gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Will be fitting for the season if the Flames miss the playoffs by a couple points all while making their draft position worse.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    I would hope at least that Brad Treliving would capitalize on the moderately increased trade values for all the big names. That's the only possible silver lining to winning these games.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    Lariat
    Posts
    1,490
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would hope at least that Brad Treliving would capitalize on the moderately increased trade values for all the big names. That's the only possible silver lining to winning these games.
    Ditto. Hopefully Johnny, Mony etc play great down the stretch and increase their value
    _____ASP______

    current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    If a team was serious about a rebuild, they'd trade Markstrom, Guy is a good goalie at a good value with term. Would hurt to lose him though, and you'd be committing to a real rebuild if you did that, which doesn't seem to be what the owners will accept.

    If it's a "re-tool and go" kind of mentality, then I'm getting it's a trade of one big piece and that's it. Which seems not drastic enough, but who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Well Hanafin out for the year. Montreal beat us. Markie needs a rest. Before our next game Thursday I guess BT better figure out what he wants to do. Betcha we don't get to play all those last games against the Canucks. League will cancel those as soon as both teams as mathematically eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  15. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    my prediction for 2021-2022 Flames MEGA thread....


    summary: "I was expecting this team to do well, and they are shit".


    No need for a thread now.

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    My prediction is "they didn't make enough changes in the off season, I'm mad they don't have enough elite skilled players and returned with mostly the same group of scrubs"
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  17. #277
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    2,003
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    If you enjoy analytics and a copious amount of shitty attitude and pessimism follow In_the_dome on instagram. They had a good post today about Chucky being pretty much invisible since the Muzzin incident and the players only meeting after and I can't say as I disagree with him. It does seem like the team is at a bit of a leadership cross roads here and that needs to get ironed out before next season or we will have a whole year of this garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you enjoy analytics and a copious amount of shitty attitude and pessimism follow In_the_dome on instagram. They had a good post today about Chucky being pretty much invisible since the Muzzin incident and the players only meeting after and I can't say as I disagree with him. It does seem like the team is at a bit of a leadership cross roads here and that needs to get ironed out before next season or we will have a whole year of this garbage.
    If you are hoping to watch a winner in Calgary any time soon, you will be sorely disappointed.

    In a cap world, asset management is everything, and the Flames have been pure garbage at that for, oh...20 years.

  19. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Leadership crossroads is the wrong phrase. Leadership vacuum is more accurate. Chucky got his feelings hurt and stepped back, which is not what leaders do. Gio is ancient and (hopefully) getting taken by the Kraken.

    Is it too much to ask for a top-5 centre who is also an elite leader?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  20. #280
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Foothills County
    My Ride
    is faster than yours
    Posts
    1,130
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it too much to ask for a top-5 centre who is also an elite leader?
    You get free money from an insurance company and now you think anything is possible!!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 US Election mega thread

    By Buster in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 2902
    Latest Threads: 01-29-2021, 09:02 PM
  2. OFFICIAL: 2020 Weather and Road Conditions MEGA THREAD

    By ExtraSlow in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1276
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2020, 11:16 AM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2019-2020 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 588
    Latest Threads: 09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
  4. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition

    By forced_eg in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 3485
    Latest Threads: 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
  5. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •