Was the SE location.

Good price on a quality PSU:
    https://www.newegg.ca/seasonic-prime...82E16817151196
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you buy it? Just list it on kijiji and state you want to trade for a 3080 and the cash difference at list price.
    Yeah, I ended up getting it. I've had several profitable offers sent my way by people who knew about the offer, so I wasn't worried about getting stuck with it if I changed my mind afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    That's even more than the weird power supply bundles that have appeared on their website.
    100% bullshit pricing. They said that bundle PSU was out of stock and therefor that price didn't apply. I'm still convinced store workers are just pocketing the markup.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I FINALLY built my new PC today. If my CPU was going to be delayed another month or two, I was going to just sell my mobo and wait for Ryzen 6000 or whatever was next.

Q-Flash Plus worked like a dream updating the bios with zero components installed, and then it's always a stressful moment hitting the power button for the first time after the build is done haha.

Loving the 5 second boot times vs. the 2+ minute boot times of X299.

Here is what I have installed:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master mobo
    Ryzen 5950X (boosting to 5.05GHz with no tweaking, highest temp I have seen is 65C)
    Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler
    32GB (16X2) 3600MHz Trident Z 16-16-16-36 RAM (Samsung B-Die)
    Samsung 980 Pro PCI 4.0 M.2 SSD 1TB (OS Drive)
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus PCI 3.0 M.2 SSD 1TB (Photoshop working/scratch drive)
    Crucial MX500 2TB SSD
    Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB 7200 RPM PMR Helium drives (X2)
    Asus Strix 1080TI (waiting on a 3080Ti - whenever that may be)
    Corsair AX860 PSU (Seasonic OEM)
    Phanteks P500A Case
    3X Corsair 140mm Mag-lev intake fans
    1X Noctua 140mm Chromax exhaust fan

Now I just hope that the list I made for all my software/passwords is complete
    Thanks again for posting your build. I'm more or less going to mimic the core parts, but with a few changes. Namely the opting for the P400A digital case instead of the larger P500A, and can't afford 5950x so 5900x. Will reuse HDD and SDD.

One thing I'm kind of unsure on is RAM. I definitely want a 2 x 16 GB setup (for the potential of 4 x 16 later). But I can't figure what the differences are here and how they impact things in the real world:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/co...gqkgXL,tm6qqs/
    Last edited by msommers; 06-16-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Thanks again for posting your build. I'm more or less going to mimic the core parts, but with a few changes. Namely the opting for the P400A digital case instead of the larger P500A, and can't afford 5950x so 5900x. Will reuse HDD and SDD.

One thing I'm kind of unsure on is RAM. I definitely want a 2 x 16 GB setup (for the potential of 4 x 16 later). But I can't figure what the differences are here and how they impact things in the real world:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/co...gqkgXL,tm6qqs/
    No problem - I have been extremely happy with it so far and I can't believe how cool it runs even under load. The only thing I am changing from that list is I am pulling the 1TB MX500 as I don't need it and I am waiting for the 4XXX series Nvidia graphics cards before updating because the longer I wait the more I don't like what Nvidia has been doing to it's customers this year. Both the 3080Ti and 3090 have got to be some of the dumbest purchases in the last decade of PC parts from a value perspective.

For RAM, if you want 32GB then you want 2X16GB dual rank sticks (make sure they're in the right pair of slots if you're building it yourself, starting with the slot furthest from the CPU socket). As you mentioned, that also leaves you a perfect upgrade path for 64GB should you ever need it in the future. The most important thing is getting 3600 MHz so that the Ryzen infinity fabric will automatically clock up to 1800MHz (the maximum without you overclocking it). The second most important thing is timings, so either get the 16-19-19-39 kit if you want to save some money (currently on sale too: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-2...-861-_-Product) or get the slightly better 16-16-16-36 kit for an extra $100 and it uses Samsung B-Die ram should you ever want to overclock, you should have a lot of headroom: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-2...-860-_-Product

Faster timings than that are going to be very expensive, and you could more than likely just overclock the kit that uses Samsung B-die to those levels anyway if you wish. The "Neo" designation means it's tested for compatibility on Ryzen but these days it doesn't really matter anymore.

I got the 16-16-16-36 kit for around $310 if I recall, it's slightly more expensive now. That is quite a good price on the 16-19-19-39 kit though and you won't notice anything outside of running benchmarks for normal usage. Also just FYI you linked to the USA pcpartpicker website, just in case you were using it for anything else. Memory prices are expected to rise before the end of the year as well by around 20-25%.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You getting affiliate commission on all those links or something?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

god damn, still waiting on a list for a 3080 since late Jan... This sucks

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    Thats crazy. What model did you order?
    IG:scboss

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Thats crazy. What model did you order?
    Agree, that's a crazy long time - you should call them (Mem Ex?) and tell them you want whatever next model they get in, or at least move you to the list of the GPU that comes in the most regularly. That's unless you want a really specific card for some reason, but in my experience and opinion, there isn't much reason for this.

My Ride
    rally pig

^this, i had a 3060ti pre ordered and they called me and offered a 3070 instead

same thing with my dad, he pre ordered a 3060ti, went to the south store and picked up a 3070 instead.

im seeing 3080 listed on fb/kijiji so they are receiving some

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I went on the list for the Gigabyte Vision OC, since I was going with a silver/black color scheme... I actually called in April and the guy said Id have better luck staying on that specific list than if I were to jump over to a new card, since you can only be on the list for one at a time.
    I think I'll have my GF go in and get on the list for whatever card they get the most frequent shipments of, probably EVGA or ASUS.
    Last edited by tcon; 06-19-2021 at 11:41 PM.

My Ride
    2017 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    gotta be the asus rog strix one

My brother walked into MemEx yesterday and they offered him a 3070 when he was there picking up something else, but alluded to the fact that he was also looking for a GPU. The salesperson said they were holding back some cards for people who weren't calling them to inquire about availability So they are without a doubt actively picking and choosing who they sell them to at the salesperson's discretion. Sucks for people who have been waiting on lists for months. It was an EVGA variant.

My Ride
    rally pig

My brother walked into MemEx yesterday and they offered him a 3070 when he was there picking up something else, but alluded to the fact that he was also looking for a GPU. The salesperson said they were holding back some cards for people who weren't calling them to inquire about availability So they are without a doubt actively picking and choosing who they sell them to at the salesperson's discretion. Sucks for people who have been waiting on lists for months. It was an EVGA variant.
    yup which is why I've been telling friends to go in person as they might be holding some in the back. not like GPU demand is high anymore with crypto crashing lol.

the EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra is awesome though, stays a lot cooler than my 3070 Auros Master

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    ^this, i had a 3060ti pre ordered and they called me and offered a 3070 instead

same thing with my dad, he pre ordered a 3060ti, went to the south store and picked up a 3070 instead.

im seeing 3080 listed on fb/kijiji so they are receiving some
    Yeah I was seeing a lot on Facebook recently. They're getting stock but I have no idea how they're prioritizing things because honestly I should not have gotten one so quickly.

They are getting more stock. The salesman was saying with RMA they can usually exchange it in a week or two more. If through the manufacturer warranty, the guy was saying they've been giving people theyirmoney back instead of replacing units.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ford F150

All Memex locations have limited stock of nearly all cards right now. Salesman have carte blanche on who they offer them for sale to. Priority to friends, family, attractive women. Random from there out. Good luck.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

lol.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:49 AM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I took a short break and drove down to Dalhousie MemEx. If you're on a waitlist for 3060ti, I'd recommend buying a 3070 instead or ask them to convert your waitlist to one.

They had a 3070 on hold since the 16th for some dude and had to call him to pick it up today, otherwise they were going to sell it to me.

I was 7th in line for my ASUS 3060ti TUF back in Feb, and I'm 4th right now

They also no longer honor the old price at the time of waitlisting, so you'll have to pay new MSRP.

It's both hilarious and frustrating to be second fiddle on a waitlist while you have other guys picking up 6 cards at the same time to flip.

PS: They have 3060 and 3080ti in stock if anyone's looking for them.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 06-21-2021 at 05:06 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

RIP my $1059 EVGA 3080 waitlist then, if they're not honoring prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I called Memex back just to see if the guy came to pick up his AORUS 3070 8GB Master and he didn't, so I hopped back into the car and picked it up.

I never wanted a 3070, but have been thoroughly frustrated by the lack of 3060ti availability. This card wasn't cheap either at $1029.99.

If anyone has a 3060ti for trade, please let me know. Willing to do a straight swap + MSRP difference.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 06-21-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast