Quantcast
PC Build Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Build Thread

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The itch is full-on now so I'm building a HTPC so I can game in my living room. Thinking of using a micro-ITX build an AIO and a 3060.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The itch is full-on now so I'm building a HTPC so I can game in my living room. Thinking of using a micro-ITX build an AIO and a 3060.
    I have a Cooler Master Elite 110 you can have for $40 BNIB if you want. Awesome little Mini ITX case, basically a 1-foot cube and good support for ATX sized PSU/GPUs. May want to consider sticking to air though on a HTPC.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It's a mishmash. There are cheap cases with/without fans and premium cases with/without fans. The premium cases that do include fans usually include pretty good ones (I.e. BeQuiet Dark Base cases). I would say more cases than not come with 2-3 fans. Some cases even include PSUs but they are often junk.

The Corsair ML Pro fans are silent up to around 1000-1500rpm which is why I chose them. They are loud at their maximum 2400 RPM but nobody in their right mind would let them run that high in a normal usage case. Honestly any 'premium' fan is going to be just fine, you can choose between quieter with slightly less air flow or louder with slightly more airflow. Static pressure is more important if you are trying to force air through something like a radiator or restrictive case, otherwise high CFM / Low noise is usually ideal.
    Good to know, cheers. What I have noticed is the minimal noise from the tower doesn't bother me so much as how much dust it gets inside of it because all summer it was in the office with an open window. I have some fine magnetic mesh filters on 2 intakes, they work quite well. The mainly front intake doesn't fit them though
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I have a Cooler Master Elite 110 you can have for $40 BNIB if you want. Awesome little Mini ITX case, basically a 1-foot cube and good support for ATX sized PSU/GPUs. May want to consider sticking to air though on a HTPC.
    Hey sick, I'll take you up on that! DM me

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX76118
    Regular Price
    $269.99
    Instant Savings
    ($70.00)
    Sale Ends: Oct 29, 2020, 21:59 MDT
    Only$199.99

1tb evo plus on sale. Kinda annoyed as I bought the 512 from newegg but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX76118
    Regular Price
    $269.99
    Instant Savings
    ($70.00)
    Sale Ends: Oct 29, 2020, 21:59 MDT
    Only$199.99

1tb evo plus on sale. Kinda annoyed as I bought the 512 from newegg but oh well
    Good price on that one.

The 980 Pro 1TB (PCI 4.0) is only $100 more now too but they are still pre-order status in Canada I believe.

I might grab that EVO Plus as a scratch drive for PS.

EDIT: Same price on Amazon for those not wanting to deal with MemEx or pay for shipping.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-26-2020 at 11:10 AM.

NH-D15 Chromax is finally back in stock (Amazon) if shit-brown isn't part of your preferred design aesthetic.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

NH-D15 Chromax is finally back in stock (Amazon) if shit-brown isn't part of your preferred design aesthetic.
    I saw that this morning. I want it but I don't need it.

So the reviews are out for the 3070 FE. What are your guy's thoughts? Seems like great performance to dollar ratio, especially if you're gaming at 1440p. I was waiting for the reviews to come out to decide between the 3070 vs. and the 2070/2080. Wonder if the availability is going to be crap just like the other 30 series cards. Also, AMD announcement tomorrow but I've heard that AMD cards have lots of driver issues and that's why I'm leaning toward Nvidia.

Edit: Just checked ME and it looks like they got rid of all the 2080 cards on their site. I know for sure they had a couple of them just days ago.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Assuming ME has the new Ryzen chips I'm debating going first thing next Thursday to nab one, beyonder meetup in line? haha

Assuming ME has the new Ryzen chips I'm debating going first thing next Thursday to nab one, beyonder meetup in line? haha
    I have until next Wednesday to return a 3700x I got as a bundle with my motherboard, just waiting to see what the pricing/availability on the 5600x would be.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I will be out waiting at the SE location on release day most likely.

I talked to 2 guys at Memory Express, one said don't expect them until the new year, the other said AMD is really good and we should get them in November lol.

I know the Ryzen 3000 launch wasn't too much longer than the USA in Canada, so I'm optimistic. I don't know if we'll see them right on the 5th or not but I have my name on a 5950X.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I talked to 2 guys at Memory Express, one said don't expect them until the new year, the other said AMD is really good and we should get them in November lol.

I know the Ryzen 3000 launch wasn't too much longer than the USA in Canada, so I'm optimistic. I don't know if we'll see them right on the 5th or not but I have my name on a 5950X.
    I'm hopeful but we'll see the day before. Prob call and see if they'll have any for release and then try online too

Some of the best RAM available for Ryzen is on sale today and is the lowest price it's ever been:

https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-2...IwnnyXgTvnoYBA

I just grabbed a set.

It's 3600MHz Samsung B-die at 16-16-16-36 (2X16 GB).

Should be easy to slightly OC too if you get lucky with your fclk.

Also eligible for Black Friday protection, so if Newegg sells it for less they automatically refund the difference.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-03-2020 at 11:49 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So Ryzen release tomorrow ... any one know if MemEx will actually have any? Or if they'll go live on any sites / what time?

So Ryzen release tomorrow ... any one know if MemEx will actually have any? Or if they'll go live on any sites / what time?
    NW location told me that they anticipate to have some tomorrow and it's in-person first come first serve only.

SW location told me they may not get any until 2021 and they were happy to put me on a list Hopefully they don't change that policy but I guess we'll see.

Online I haven't seen anywhere that is allowing preorders yet but I have only been looking at the 5950X.

Rumors are that lots of 5600X and 5800X available with a lot fewer 5900X and 5950X.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

There's only 5 AMD dealers in Canada, if any of the Memex locations don't have stock of any sort tomorrow then it's fucking sad and these releases are a joke/waste of time more so than they already are.

Memex supposedly under strict NDA, along with everyone else for that matter, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just throwing out false information about tomorrow to deter scalpers. Scalpey McScalperson might not want to wait in line tomorrow morning if there's no guaranteed stock available.

Listings everywhere are supposed to go live at midnight EST tonight I believe, but not available for purchase. Amazons supposed links to the chips have been "live" since last night and have slowly been updated with technical details so I think the pages are legit.

Seems like it's going to be a fuck show tomorrow, sucks as I have a work call at 7AM that I can't get out of so not sure purchasing in person is an option tomorrow for me if lines are going to be starting early on.

Only listing I've seen for 5000 series
    https://www.cdw.ca/product/amd-ryzen...292280?pfm=srh

Some of the best RAM available for Ryzen is on sale today and is the lowest price it's ever been:

https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-2...IwnnyXgTvnoYBA

I just grabbed a set.

It's 3600MHz Samsung B-die at 16-16-16-36 (2X16 GB).

Should be easy to slightly OC too if you get lucky with your fclk.

Also eligible for Black Friday protection, so if Newegg sells it for less they automatically refund the difference.
    How important is QVL? Seems like these faster Trident Z Neo CL16 (16-16-16-36 and 16-19-19-39) are not compatible with my motherboard.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Ryzen processors popped on MemEx last night. Out of stock online but had a bunch in Calgary. I scooped a order for in store pickup and saw the quantity drop. No idea if it'll actually be there today or if they'll cancel it and sell them at the door but they did show stock of all the new processors and bundles.

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast