Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1319

Thread: PC Build Thread

My Ride
    Silverado

If anyone needs a 3080 or 3090 they have some in stock at memex in the NE

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Have the LHR variants made their way into stores yet?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Definitely
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I'm pretty sure I would have gotten my TUF 3060ti if I didn't rely on Dalhousie Memex lol.

C'mon waitlist! Let me at em before the end of the year!
    Last edited by rx7boi; 08-17-2021 at 02:11 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Got everything up and running! The motherboard doesn't seem to want to play nice with the ram though. G.Skills has it on their QVL, Asus doesn't and refuses to care. Might have to try using only 32 instead of 64 gb and see if that works. The ram is rated to 3600 but will only show 2133. Tried manually "overclocking" it to 3600 and won't boot stably, reverting to safe mode/defaults.

Not sure what to do! Has the latest bios installed.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:48 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I was thinking that too but it seems like XMP is enabled. I'll double tomorrow thanks

Even still, with defaults and the shortcomings with RAM, benchmarks are x6-7 better than my older PC lol
    Ultracrepidarian

Mobo QVL is the "bible" so to speak, not GSKILL's QVL. It also matters 2 sticks vs 4 sticks for QVL.

A few things to try:

1) Make sure BIOS is the latest
    2) Try "training" the RAM (set XMP but then manually downclock to 3200 or something below 3600 - if that works then try raising it up to 3600)
    3) Try increasing the RAM voltage manually slightly above 1.35V - you're probably OK up to 1.40V but no more.
    4) Try loosening the timings manually (the mhz is more important for Ryzen)
    5) Sometimes you can't use XMP with 4 sticks of RAM if it's too much stress on the memory controller - take out 2 sticks and see if XMP works (with 2 sticks, install them starting farthest from CPU, opposite of what seems intuitive). This will also tell you if 4 sticks is the issue.
    5) Swap to a mobo that has that specific 4-stick kit on the QVL or a ram kit that is on the current mobo QVL

One more thing to add is if your ram sticks are dual rank, they are harder to overclock especially in 4X configuration.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-18-2021 at 11:02 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So my noob is showing, but I didn't realize that XMP and DOCP are the same things. DOCP was then enabled and booted with no problem. Basically, it cranked up the voltage and changed the timing parameters automatically once I selected the profile.

G.Skills was really quick about replying to my email and suggested a few other things. The standard is 1.35V but some others have had issues with 4 DIMM ram and changing it to 1.36V helped.

Now I just need to benchmark the ram and ensure it's all good and can start playing around with O/C the CPU.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So my noob is showing, but I didn't realize that XMP and DOCP are the same things. DOCP was then enabled and booted with no problem. Basically, it cranked up the voltage and changed the timing parameters automatically once I selected the profile.

G.Skills was really quick about replying to my email and suggested a few other things. The standard is 1.35V but some others have had issues with 4 DIMM ram and changing it to 1.36V helped.

Now I just need to benchmark the ram and ensure it's all good and can start playing around with O/C the CPU.
    Yup - that is exactly how the profiles work on both Intel and Ryzen. Basically an automatic safe overclock. My mobo for example still calls it XMP even though it's obviously Ryzen. To confirm it's truly working, you can use CPUz or Ryzen Master and make sure the memory clock is 1800 (it will show half of 3600 because of the DDR).

Glad you got it working, nice when it's a simple fix, especially with computer related stuff.

For OC just enable PBO2 and that's really all you need to do. The CPU will automatically overclock itself safely and within the limits of both your cooling setup and the power handling of the CPU. If you want to go one step further you can apply some negative offset to the curve optimizer which works hand in hand with PBO2.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-19-2021 at 12:49 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yep RAM is working and I stress tested the system using AIDA64. Temps are really good, I'm quite impressed with the cooling especially given the Lian Li O11 case design. I would like to configure the case fan speeds in Windows in real-time vs. the BIOS because while mining I want the bottom fans higher.

Need to look into O/C the CPU later. It's hilarious though that it processed the Blender benchmarks about 7-8x faster than my O/C 2600K LOL.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Looking at a new monitor. The current dual screen setup that I've got(Dell U2417H & SE2419H) is great for WFH but terrible for gaming, so I'm looking to get an ultrawide and move the Ultrasharp on top on a monitor arm. Anyone have any suggestions? Don't really have any real criteria other than it needs to be sub $1k and needs to be 32" or larger. I only game casually, most played games are BF3 & 4. Doesn't have to be anything e-sports grade, I'm not that sweaty.
    Was looking at this but have heard some reviews that there's ghosting and flickering problems?

Rig that I'm running:
    i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
    32GB DDR3
    TUF RTX3070
    (Yes I know I'm due for a rig update, I was tempted to update last year but figured I'd wait until DDR5/AM5+Ryzen 6000 is released)

Edit:
    Scratch all that, just hopped on RFD and was bestowed a Lenovo G34w-10.
    Last edited by cyra1ax; 08-20-2021 at 01:39 PM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:48 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nice I like that! For now I have downloaded FanControlV91 which has been handy for manual static percents while mining but for everything else I should use that. The BIOS has fan curves but it really is a PITA as it's not that smooth to click on things.
    Ultracrepidarian

Question on buying / selling used GPU... how does warranty from manufacturer work? or is it just to original purchaser? I have a Gigabyte 3070 Aorus master (not LHR) that I have used for a few months. Thinking of upgrading my card if the opportunity comes. If and when I sell my 3070, how do I price it and should I include my receipt?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Question on buying / selling used GPU... how does warranty from manufacturer work? or is it just to original purchaser? I have a Gigabyte 3070 Aorus master (not LHR) that I have used for a few months. Thinking of upgrading my card if the opportunity comes. If and when I sell my 3070, how do I price it and should I include my receipt?
    Some manufacturers follow only the serial number, others require original proof or purchase, but best to double check directly with the manufacturer on the card you are considering as policies do change and user experiences do vary regardless of official policy.

EVGA will always be the easiest to deal with and the warranty follows the serial number. MSI will warranty products without a receipt but the warranty start date changes to the manufactured date in that case.

Asus warranties are not officially transferrable.

Gigabyte does the same as MSI last time I checked.

All manufacturers seem to be very picky about any physical damage as well so if you have to ship anything, pack it extremely well because any damage is going to happen in a sorting facility.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Id be interested if you do decide to sell. As for warranty/receipt, thats probably dependant on where you bought it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Some manufacturers follow only the serial number, others require original proof or purchase, but best to double check directly with the manufacturer on the card you are considering as policies do change and user experiences do vary regardless of official policy.

EVGA will always be the easiest to deal with and the warranty follows the serial number. MSI will warranty products without a receipt but the warranty start date changes to the manufactured date in that case.

Asus warranties are not officially transferrable.

Gigabyte does the same as MSI last time I checked.

All manufacturers seem to be very picky about any physical damage as well so if you have to ship anything, pack it extremely well because any damage is going to happen in a sorting facility.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Id be interested if you do decide to sell. As for warranty/receipt, thats probably dependant on where you bought it from.
    Noted. I would feel more comfortable to sell to someone here than a random person on kijiji. I bought the 3070 Aorus from MemEx.

My Ride
    Ford

Finally got mine put together, First build. Now I'm afraid to turn it on see if it boots up.
    Name:  R77wnxk.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  211.7 KB
    Name:  LOskepV.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  220.9 KB
    Last edited by blairtruck; 09-06-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Silverado

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  131.1 KB

Thoughts?

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast