Quantcast
PC Build Thread - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheapest 2080 Super (non-founders edition) I've seen on Kijiji is $550, for $100 more getting a card that outperforms it and is brand new seems like a decent buy

https://www.reviews.org/au/technolog...tx-2080-super/
    There's 2080 Super STRIX for $580 obo as well, so you are probably getting them for $500 in either case given that nobody pays full price for anything on Kijiji. In an 18 game average at both 1440P and 1080P the 3060Ti is within single digit FPS of the 2080 Super, so it doesn't make sense to go massively out of your way to pay ~$150 more in my opinion. For the price of a scalped 3060Ti you can buy two 2080 Super's and put them in SLI haha.

At the end of the day, anything under a 3080 is roughly matched by a prior-gen card, so I wouldn't line up and over-pay for a 3070 or lower when I could just go buy a 2080 Super or 2080Ti if I couldn't wait until early 2021 for things to settle down.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-02-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    There's 2080 Super STRIX for $580 obo as well, so you are probably getting them for $500 in either case given that nobody pays full price for anything on Kijiji. In an 18 game average at both 1440P and 1080P the 3060Ti is within single digit FPS of the 2080 Super, so it doesn't make sense to go massively out of your way to pay ~$150 more in my opinion. For the price of a scalped 3060Ti you can buy two 2080 Super's and put them in SLI haha.

At the end of the day, anything under a 3080 is roughly matched by a prior-gen card, so I wouldn't line up and over-pay for a 3070 or lower when I could just go buy a 2080 Super or 2080Ti if I couldn't wait until early 2021 for things to settle down.
    100% agree that it's not worth paying greasy scumbag kijiji prices for a 3060Ti but for $650 I'm happy with my purchase

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    100% agree that it's not worth paying greasy scumbag kijiji prices for a 3060Ti but for $650 I'm happy with my purchase
    You could also sell your 3060Ti for a profit and buy a 2080Ti for the exact same money ($700obo on Kijiji so I assume $650) which will give you better performance and 40% more VRAM

I'm just giving you a hard time at this point haha.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'd rather pay a few bucks more for new /w warranty but definitely not scalper prices. I talked to MemEx and said said they're getting 3070s in pretty frequently now it's just a huge backlog of backorders. So I'm sure in a week or two there will be stock again.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I'd rather pay a few bucks more for new /w warranty but definitely not scalper prices. I talked to MemEx and said said they're getting 3070s in pretty frequently now it's just a huge backlog of backorders. So I'm sure in a week or two there will be stock again.
    Apparently Nvidia and AMD have seen Black Friday levels of demand every single week since release and there was no scenario where either would have had enough stock at launch. Basically the same as every other GPU launch I can recall haha. At least you guys have PC's to put these new cards in, I'm still waiting on my 5950x and starting at a pile of unopened part boxes

I managed to snag one at the NW location for a friend. I was 18/20. I showed up an hour ish before opening.

I think south location got like 25, but wasn't advertised on their stock count like the NW.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by K3RMiTdot View Post
    I managed to snag one at the NW location for a friend. I was 18/20. I showed up an hour ish before opening.

I think south location got like 25, but wasn't advertised on their stock count like the NW.
    dang, must've been just ahead of me. I was just after #20 and missed out but needed a case anyways so stuck around

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    dang, must've been just ahead of me. I was just after #20 and missed out but needed a case anyways so stuck around
    oh yup, i remember you. there was a girl that left because she was 21.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Went to Mem X today and bought my next component towards my build. Was going to get the white Corsair 750 watt modular power supply, but they had the white 850 watt one on sale, which became cheaper than the 750 watt, so got the 850 watt one instead.

In talking with the guy there, I asked him how often stock was coming in on the 5800x and such, and he pointed to pretty much a skid of CPUs there and said "we have lots and getting more fairly regularly". They are just working through the back orders but doesn't see the supply issue being pinched for much longer.

When I asked about a 3070 on the other hand, he said those were a little more rare, but getting the Gigabyte branded ones should be easier than the MSI or NVidia ones.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Went to Mem X today and bought my next component towards my build. Was going to get the white Corsair 750 watt modular power supply, but they had the white 850 watt one on sale, which became cheaper than the 750 watt, so got the 850 watt one instead.

In talking with the guy there, I asked him how often stock was coming in on the 5800x and such, and he pointed to pretty much a skid of CPUs there and said "we have lots and getting more fairly regularly". They are just working through the back orders but doesn't see the supply issue being pinched for much longer.

When I asked about a 3070 on the other hand, he said those were a little more rare, but getting the Gigabyte branded ones should be easier than the MSI or NVidia ones.
    You weren't wrong. MemEx SE shows 10+ 5800x in stock right now. Thats really good to see, hopefully the 5600x follows suit soon.

Looks like Memex changed the 5950X to "out of stock" instead of "backordered" so that might be a good sign if it's not an error, though they for sure haven't filled their backorders yet. Several of the big retailers said things would be better in mid-late December so fingers crossed.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Calgary SE just got 3 models of Asus 3060's in stock. Though they're all 650$ +. Asus seems out to lunch with their pricing.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114818

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114786

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114819

Also Edmonton south has 5800x's as well.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 12-04-2020 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

From a scale of 0 to Gwill, how hoardable are these?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Waiting for my new monitor to ship, backordered so prob won't be here before Cyberpunk drops wah wah

Gunna be selling my 27" 1440p 144Hz Dell TN panel monitor if my new monitor is issue free out of the box, for anyone who might be interested

Has anyone had any communications with Memory Express lately? I have an online backorder on a ryzen and would like to know where I am in the queue (since I already paid). But the web store's phones have been off for over a week now and they aren't answering emails either...
    dv/dt

Quote Originally Posted by zieg View Post
    Has anyone had any communications with Memory Express lately? I have an online backorder on a ryzen and would like to know where I am in the queue (since I already paid). But the web store's phones have been off for over a week now and they aren't answering emails either...
    They never replied to my email either. If they can't handle the demand, they should hire more staff from the pool of thousands of unemployed individuals instead of tell everyone to GFY to save a buck during times of record demand for PC products.

I can't get an update from them either, meanwhile other websites are listing order quantities, incoming product quantities, and expected arrival dates...

Canada Computers continues to get stock every few days or so but they still won't ship it, unfortunately. I think I have called all their locations now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If they can't handle the demand, they should hire more staff from the pool of thousands of unemployed individuals

My thoughts exactly! I'll bet their bottom line looks pretty damn good this year, too.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Still on the hunt for a 5600x and a 3060 TI for a friends first PC build. Would appreciate a ping if anyone spots any stock. I think I've given up upgrading my own GPU for now. Moving my old card over and just gonna run the new PC and upgrade in the new year.

MemEX has the 5800x in stock in some eastern stores.. I don't know that the extra $200 is worth it to me personally, or if you can get it shipped from those stores, but it might be worth considering if you want it soon.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

If we snag a gpu then might consider it but the 3060 ti is already priced higher than I expected. Budgeted around 500$ for it and theyre all high 500's or 600+ which sucks.

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast