Quantcast
My 30 day challenge- quitting the erbs and mental health - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My 30 day challenge- quitting the erbs and mental health

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats, hope it continues.
    Thanks! Were hoping me sleeping like a normal human being will start to reflect in my moods. Only time will tell now.
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Not going to get into it too much as Riander5 covered it well, and I gave him props for it.

Naturopaths are not quacks, they may have been at one point, but they provide very legitimate treatment.

in my life I am personally 3/3 working with a naturopath for issues a doctor wanted to medicate.

As I said before the body itself is super fucking powerful when you enable it to heal itself.

Naturopaths deal with root cause analysis, MD's deal with symptoms.

I'm now leaving this thread. Op as mentioned, best of luck.
    Disclaimer: I have also found relief in non-traditional medicine, the core concept of root problems, etc, etc makes sense... buuut in this case there is some conflicting information

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/faq-20057906

According to this adrenal fatigue is a symptom, not a root cause. Also apparently you can’t even test due to the sensitivity of current tests.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Disclaimer: I have also found relief in non-traditional medicine, the core concept of root problems, etc, etc makes sense... buuut in this case there is some conflicting information

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/faq-20057906

According to this adrenal fatigue is a symptom, not a root cause. Also apparently you can’t even test due to the sensitivity of current tests.
    Yes I'm aware.
    Adrenal fatigue was the start of my journey (and is an umbrella statement), root cause is chronic stress.
    Not the place to discuss. Not my thread.

My Ride
    ute

Can someone give me the lowdown on using astrology to assist in giving up booze, pills and smoking teh herb?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Spilner View Post
    Thanks! Were hoping me sleeping like a normal human being will start to reflect in my moods. Only time will tell now.
    Sleeping like a human is an amazing start, and honestly helps your body and mind in so many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Sleeping like a human is an amazing start, and honestly helps your body and mind in so many ways.
    Does it ever! I had really bad bags under my eyes this morning, something my wife has never seen before on me. Im guessing I was in a deep sleep last night.

Nice relaxing weekend of doing nothing is in store for me. Borat and some covid documentary here I come!
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Can someone give me the lowdown on using astrology to assist in giving up booze, pills and smoking teh herb?
    Starts with not being closed minded that there could maybe, potentially, be an alternative to common methods currently used.

Name:  Bow wow.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  87.7 KB

But give'r for teh beyond repz.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Starts with not being closed minded that there could maybe, potentially, be an alternative to common methods currently used.

But give'r for teh beyond repz.
    That's what I was asking about.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Does it ever! I had really bad bags under my eyes this morning, something my wife has never seen before on me. Im guessing I was in a deep sleep last night.

Nice relaxing weekend of doing nothing is in store for me. Borat and some covid documentary here I come!
    That is great progress sir! You know you had a really good sleep when you wake up to wet undies.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Good to hear you are getting a good sleep... that's crucial to reset cortisol every day.

One thing you or anyone here could try that has made my sleep insanely good (up until having a newborn recently..)
    I had crazy dreams taking this concoction... my wife said i was talking like crazy before hitting deep sleep.

10-15g Glycine - I bought a little tub of glycine made by AOR off amazon
    5g theanine - https://nootropicsdepot.com/l-theani...e-form-powder/
    Chamomile tea - wherever

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Good to hear you are getting a good sleep... that's crucial to reset cortisol every day.

One thing you or anyone here could try that has made my sleep insanely good (up until having a newborn recently..)
    I had crazy dreams taking this concoction... my wife said i was talking like crazy before hitting deep sleep.

10-15g Glycine - I bought a little tub of glycine made by AOR off amazon
    5g theanine - https://nootropicsdepot.com/l-theani...e-form-powder/
    Chamomile tea - wherever
    Glycine is great for controlling cortisol, but a dose like that will make him shit his pants.

Gotta build to 15g. Start at 3-5g
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

^^^ ill look into that!

Yea the sleeps have been great! Feels like I'm catching up for all the years lost.

Pretty much a week today and feeling great, a bit tough not to smoke before watching borat hahah. But loving not having any mood swicthes lately. Really hoping it continues this way...
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

A lot of reading but I read your first page and don't let the social anxiety thing get to you.

Its not a uncommon thing and especially as we get older in age. I am now 42 and even in my late 20s early 30s I knew being in any sort of crowd or gathering it could be anxiety and I just don't want to be there.

This in itself has posed many challenges for me not so much home life but definitely work life as work is always demanding social activities or working in groups etc and this just wasn't for me. Even when I was a kid I didn't like working in groups as I always felt I could accomplish more on my own than in a group.

If your partner is understanding of this then it will help the situation a lot more and reduce the anxiety, worry and stress on you and you learn to find or do things together that doesn't put you in those situations.

You will also learn to adjust your schedule for doing things like shopping. Instead of going at 6pm at night go at 9 or 10 in the morning when its usually quieter.

I found as I got older in my life a lot of things changes socially, mentally and physically and if you don't take care of yourself as you get older those things just get uglier and harder to figure.

Good on you for trying to do something and trust me... you're not by yourself.

If you want to look at the functional medicine approach I would have a look at Dr. Murfin
    https://lynnemurfinmd.com/

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Glycine is great for controlling cortisol, but a dose like that will make him shit his pants.

Gotta build to 15g. Start at 3-5g
    Interesting, maybe i just have guts of steel, i hopped on at 10-15 and felt fine!

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

1 week today!

Didn't sleep at all last night and not sure why, but usually I'd feel like a bag of crap today, and really, I can barely even notice. Feeling great today! It's sort of weird both nights I had trouble sleeping this week, when I went downstairs it was 12:58 both times. My internal clock seems to be working lol.

Ordered the glycine that will be here thrusday. Will also be listening to a meditation podcast before bed every night this week to see if that helps.

Also just want to say another big thanks to everyone in here supporting and suggesting!
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

1 week today!

Didn't sleep at all last night and not sure why, but usually I'd feel like a bag of crap today, and really, I can barely even notice. Feeling great today! It's sort of weird both nights I had trouble sleeping this week, when I went downstairs it was 12:58 both times. My internal clock seems to be working lol.

Ordered the glycine that will be here thrusday. Will also be listening to a meditation podcast before bed every night this week to see if that helps.

Also just want to say another big thanks to everyone in here supporting and suggesting!
    Take into consideration two things.

1) Weather swings. Chinooks can affect a person mentally so things like sleep gets out of whack
    2) Time change is coming. We are setting clocks ahead this coming weekend so your body could be out of whack again.

Both of those things really will affect how I sleep.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Take into consideration two things.

1) Weather swings. Chinooks can affect a person mentally so things like sleep gets out of whack
    2) Time change is coming. We are setting clocks ahead this coming weekend so your body could be out of whack again.

Both of those things really will affect how I sleep.
    This isn't the first time. I used to wake up around 1230 and once I couldn't get back to sleep I would head out to the garage to smoke around 1am. So this might just be part of my old habits.

I never do well with the time changes, so hopefully I'm not put off to much by this one.
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Best wishes B.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

This isn't the first time. I used to wake up around 1230 and once I couldn't get back to sleep I would head out to the garage to smoke around 1am. So this might just be part of my old habits.

I never do well with the time changes, so hopefully I'm not put off to much by this one.
    So your body is used to certain habits and you've programmed it that way. If that is the case re-program and do something like 5 pushups or get a drink of water or something.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast