Quantcast
Exterior soffit lighting - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exterior soffit lighting

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

For sure. I think it’s a 5 yr warranty, and LED bulbs are rated 20+ yrs - but app support was lifetime.
    The two installers (17 yo kids) said they’d been asked to move to California because that’s where Gemstone was expanding to, don’t know how that played out tho.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For sure. I think it’s a 5 yr warranty, and LED bulbs are rated 20+ yrs - but app support was lifetime.
    The two installers (17 yo kids) said they’d been asked to move to California because that’s where Gemstone was expanding to, don’t know how that played out tho.
    Lol. Sounds like two hopeful idiots. Pretty sure they aren't going to get a H-1B as a "soffit light installer"

I’m on my second year with my Gemstone lights, super convenient, lots of presets in the app, use for Xmas and architectural lighting.
    Messaged Gemstone friday but no reply back yet. I fucked up by waiting til now though because this is probably their crazy time

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish168 View Post
    Check out Mr. Bright Lights on Facebook. They're apparently new to the market only charging $975 so undercutting others by quite a bit. Not sure if they can be dimmed cause they seem a bit too bright.
    Messaged him too and havent heard back but i think their system doesnt allow you to run just certain lights like pauls first pic, from all his pics it looks like its gotta be the whole strand. Ill wait and see tho. The price is really good but you dont want to be running the whole set up all year, during the non holiday times the partial lights looks really classy imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

^^^ The pot light look is a must for year round.
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I've messaged the Gemstone guys twice in the last three weeks, can't get a call back / email. I'd spend the money, I guess they have too many customers and no inventory / staff?
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 10-27-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

There’s also let strips on Amazon for $2.99. What I paid for, and the difference in my mind was, the convenience of a full one-stop quote to install system with a complete suite of custom application options via their in-house support vs everything else that was available and 3rd party outsourced their support.

#shoplocal ?
    I've also heard they have taken deposits for work and they aren't meeting timelines. Who takes a deposit for light installation?

I dont see anything wrong with taking a deposit as long as you come through though. If my business was booming hard im not going to take any risks on missing out on other installs unless i knew they were for sure. Too easy for people to cancel last minute if they dont have any money down

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I've message the Gemstone guys twice in the last three weeks, can't get a call back / email. I'd spend the money, I guess they have too many customers and no inventory / staff?
    I was on Mr brights site and his posts are all about how busy he is and him saying he will get back eventually. We're trying to get in at the worst possible time im sure lol Ill let you know as soon as i get something from gem or mr bright but if you havent heard back after 3 weeks im probably not gonna get anything sooner
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I've messaged the Gemstone guys twice in the last three weeks, can't get a call back / email. I'd spend the money, I guess they have too many customers and no inventory / staff?
    I called the guy I dealt with and he said they are busy however they are answering the phones and working on fulfilling the orders. Call their general line -403-450-0083

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Update time:

Neighbour of mine tried to use Mr. Bright Lights, total shit show. Guy took a deposit and then ghosted him for three weeks. Friend leaves 27th message saying he wants to cancel the job and get his deposit back and all of a sudden Mr. Bright Lights can communicate just fine. Neighbour still cancelled but did get his deposit back.

My story is the other direction. I went with Gemstone and it turns out these guys are way bigger than I thought and I ended up with a quote in my inbox a couple days after my original post in this thread. They came out during the day, took a few pictures of the house and sent me a quote with different options. Once we settled on a few details (where stuff would go) I got the final quote, paid the deposit and install was scheduled for about 1.5 weeks later. I live on a corner so I got the front, side & rear done, first and second storey, not cheap but god damn to they look AWESOME! The installers were a couple of young guys and they busted their asses all day and finished up about two hours after dark. Super polite, really nice kids. For the front face of a regular house would be $1500 - $2000 is my guess but this is EASILY worth the money if you can swing it. We've already had a couple neighbours ask for contact info to get quotes.

Gemstone FTW!
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 11-14-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    TDi

I've been following gemstone for quite awhile and finally bit the bullet. Front and back was ~4600 and all around would have been ~7000. Great product so far and install took roughly 6 hours.

Expensive, but love the look it gives the house during any holiday and everyday architectural.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Eclipse

My dad did it recently on our place after the hail damage and added stone instead of siding on the bottom.

Looks really nice, I can ask him for a quote with an invoice if needed, but I think he might be pretty busy right now. Edit: Seems his not really interested since there is a lot of re-wiring and has a lot of work now.

Highly recommend the pot lights in the soffit though, we also purchased a dimmer from Amazon for $25

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can have them turn off/off at a set time daily.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Basically Remove Soffit.
    Wire where you want the lights.
    Measure holes for new soffit, cut out (This seems like the worst part)
    Add them

Obv sounds easier than said though.
    Last edited by Kobe; 03-06-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2