Quantcast
Vitamin D - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D

Default Vitamin D

I'm late to the game on this, but starting to think i need to take Vitamin D3 supplements. Especially since i saw an article saying that 80% of hospitalized COVID patients have Vit D deficiencies (even if it's BS, probably still doesn't hurt to have good levels of Vit D in general)

Questions for the experts. Yes i know i can probably google this but I prefer anecdotes from my fellow beyonders
    1. What's a good daily intake for adults and kids? I don't want to do anything extreme but I also want to have a decent dose that will actually help.
    2. Is it all the same shit or are there differences with brands?
    3. Do i need to look specifically or Vitamin D3 or is all Vitamin D = Vitamin D3?
    4. Best place to buy some? Should i just grab whatever is cheapest at the grocery store?

My Ride
    ute

Yes, all data points to it being beneficial for COVID and in general. We don't get enough VitD in most western countries.

I do 1000, but some people take up to 4000 per day. I wouldn't go past that, but some do.

Get it at costco.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

This has been my daily routine for a while now. I do 5000 units of D a day.

Name:  6D8037A3-37D7-4383-9C4A-6EDFA2922B9B.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  104.1 KB

My Ride
    ute

if you want to go hardcore, add in some NAC

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm late to the game on this, but starting to think i need to take Vitamin D3 supplements. Especially since i saw an article saying that 80% of hospitalized COVID patients have Vit D deficiencies (even if it's BS, probably still doesn't hurt to have good levels of Vit D in general)

Questions for the experts. Yes i know i can probably google this but I prefer anecdotes from my fellow beyonders
    1. What's a good daily intake for adults and kids? I don't want to do anything extreme but I also want to have a decent dose that will actually help.
    3. Do i need to look specifically or Vitamin D3 or is all Vitamin D = Vitamin D3?
    4. Best place to buy some? Should i just grab whatever is cheapest at the grocery store?

Fauci's was reportedly taking 5,000 IU. That's really high. Probably should supplement with Vit K.

Dr Rhonda has done a lot of research on it.
    http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/fo...jpg?1400214936

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    if you want to go hardcore, add in some NAC
    I take NAC. What does it do? More biceps?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The costco 2-pack of white tablets is so cheap, and it takes forever to go through it all.

I used to do 3000-5000 a day. Now I just do 5000 once or twice a week as it gets stored in your fat anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Canadians in general are quite deficient in vitamin D.

Here are some of my answers based on information from my naturopath.

1) Adults 4000iu during winter months - 2000 iu during summer months - This is the regimen I personally use
    2) There are always differences in brands - just find a reputable brand and giv'r
    3) Vitamin D is the umbrella term, there are multiple forms of D, D3 provides a higher rate of absorption than other forms
    4) If you have a Nutters close by (one in Airdrie, one in okotoks) They have "power tuesday" on the first tuesday of the month for 20% off. I always load up on this day.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

In summer I take it on and off, I also try to lay in the sun for 30 mins any day im home.

In winter i follow the 1000 IU / 25lb BW as prescribed by many 'biohackers' (8000 IU normally... would work out to 9000 at the moment...) Also take vit k, and magnesium to support vit d.

And unlike almost everyone who just takes it and has no idea, i get my vitamin D tested twice a year. With this protocol I usually seem to end up in the lower end of optimal range or around 100 nmol/L

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Fish is a great source of it as well. I prefer to get my vitamins in a food source as opposed to supplements but I still have a cabinet full of them. Salmon is my go to.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I do 10000iu 2-3x a week.

Back in my night shift life, I was at 8000+/d to get into the higher spectrum of the 25-OH blood test that your doctor can administer.

I’d suggest everyone to get tested. It’s free, an approved AHS test. Docs just don’t give it because $$, but if you ask they will.

Say you work nights.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I do 10000iu 2-3x a week.

Back in my night shift life, I was at 8000+/d to get into the higher spectrum of the 25-OH blood test that your doctor can administer.

I’d suggest everyone to get tested. It’s free, an approved AHS test. Docs just don’t give it because $$, but if you ask they will.

Say you work nights.
    Really hard to get bloodwork this year, labs are backed up, and fewer appointments available. something about covid apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Really hard to get bloodwork this year, labs are backed up, and fewer appointments available. something about covid apparently.
    I can do your blood work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIo4MCO-_U

A few of my friends (190-200lbs) have gotten multiple 25-OH tests done throughout the year, and their "maintenance" level for 25-OH is around 5000-6000IU D3/ daily (edit: in the fall/winter only). I go off of that as I'm in a very similar demographic/physique, but the best would be to get bloodwork done as Darkane suggested.
    Last edited by dimi; 10-28-2020 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Its also race defendant. If you are dark skinned, you DEFINITELY need to take quite a bit more D/D3 than your average whitey here, esp in the winter - us whiteys produces enough D3 in something like 15 minutes time of exposed sunlight on a large area of skin.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Best method is perenium sunning. If it's a colder day, it also takes the place of an ice-plunge. Great for the nervous system!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I prefer the gummies - I found a gummy brand on amazon thats 1000iu per gummy and I take a mens centrum that also has vitd in it, apparently zinc is also good for preventative care/immune.

I never took vitD before Covid started and I have found my mental health / mental awareness / disposition feels better.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 10-28-2020 at 10:44 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by extraslow View Post
    best method is perenium sunning. If it's a colder day, it also takes the place of an ice-plunge. Great for the nervous system!
    loooool

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I prefer the gummies - I found a gummy brand on amazon thats 1000iu per gummy and I take a mens centrum that also has vitd in it, apparently zinc is also good for preventative care/immune.

I never took vitD before Covid started and I have found my mental health / mental awareness / disposition feels better.
    Good to hear! D (insert joke here) is extremely important!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Some good videos on Vit D from Dr. Mike Hansen on Youtube.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Best method is perenium sunning. If it's a colder day, it also takes the place of an ice-plunge. Great for the nervous system!
    Can I hire you as my naturopath? I just need receipts for my health benefits.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast