Quantcast
2020/21 Ski/Snowboard Season - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 325

Thread: 2020/21 Ski/Snowboard Season

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heading to revy today. Hoping the back country is pretty good. Heard it wasn’t all that great about 10 days ago but they have gotten like a meter of snow since then.
    Conditions changed in a big way everywhere in the last week with that storm. K-Country got 60-80 cm in spots overnight. Take it easy in the backcountry as that recent storm is having quite the affect on avvy hazard!

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conditions changed in a big way everywhere in the last week with that storm. K-Country got 60-80 cm in spots overnight. Take it easy in the backcountry as that recent storm is having quite the affect on avvy hazard!
    Heliskiing with guides so I imagine we will be fairly safe haha.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heliskiing with guides so I imagine we will be fairly safe haha.
    haha even better! that'll be great timing with the new snow

  4. #224
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Lineup at the powder chair in big white today. Guess everyone got the memo. 30cm of fresh Champaign today.

    FAA6B18F-1367-422F-AABA-56B5B486FD37.jpg

    Looks worse than it is, only took about 20 minutes.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    annnnd thats why i backcountry ski

  6. #226
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,667
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Haha looks like lineups for selfies on Mount Everest.


    How are lineups for the gondola at Sunshine on Sundays this season? I'm gonna be in Canmore next weekend. Doing Lake Louise on Friday but thinking about adding Sunshine on Sunday since I'm pretty much there anyways.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    2012 F150, R6
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    annnnd thats why i backcountry ski
    Honestly, the backcountry doesnt feel any different some days.... the backcountry has exploded in popularity in the last 2-3 years... (photo from last weekend.. zoom in lol)

    (yeah i know, its all where you go.... but seems like the "secret stashes" are getting further and further away from the road)

    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 12.14.30 AM.jpg
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

  8. #228
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It was strange, nobody around today. Lineups were dead. More pow too.

    had a friend say it was 2 hours for the gondola at sunshine on a Sunday and they got there at 6:30am.

    That backcountry looks like a lot of fun. Lots of good stuff to throw yourself off.


    Anyone have experience with montec gear? Thinking about buying a kit but don’t know about quality.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,667
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    had a friend say it was 2 hours for the gondola at sunshine on a Sunday and they got there at 6:30am.
    Thanks for that. Maybe I'll pass then.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Heli skied about waist deep pow all day in revy. Tomorrow supposed to be an even better day. Cant wait.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Selkirk tangiers? Pics?!

  12. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Selkirk tangiers? Pics?!
    Yah! I’ll try and get some today. Totally forgot yesterday haha.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Might have paid a little more for fuel, but at least there were no lineups here on Friday. Heli-skiing is double-meat sub level tho.IMG_20210205_133855_268-2.jpg

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    80D0BB9B-8AF6-4DE0-9C08-68B929B02CF9.jpg

    Just a disgusting day today. Clear and deep. Got 11 runs in today.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Mmm looks delicious.

    I spent the day sending some sweet drops

    C015D10C-6EBC-405D-9117-0BBCAE70380F.jpg

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Awesome pics guys. What does 11 runs with a helicopter cost? How many people do you go with?

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, the backcountry doesnt feel any different some days.... the backcountry has exploded in popularity in the last 2-3 years... (photo from last weekend.. zoom in lol)

    (yeah i know, its all where you go.... but seems like the "secret stashes" are getting further and further away from the road)

    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 12.14.30 AM.jpg
    Lol kinda funny and small world... this was my photo 1B8384B6-EF86-477C-AFDF-4AB02EC3E097.jpg

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sxtasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome pics guys. What does 11 runs with a helicopter cost? How many people do you go with?
    $2700 for two days including food both days. 4 skiers and a guide.

  19. #239
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol kinda funny and small world... this was my photo 1B8384B6-EF86-477C-AFDF-4AB02EC3E097.jpg
    Where is this?

    Feel free to pm if you don’t want to share publicly. Doing an avalanche and back country course in March and hope to start adventuring some more.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    How long is the hike up that mountain Brent?

    Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha looks like lineups for selfies on Mount Everest.


    How are lineups for the gondola at Sunshine on Sundays this season? I'm gonna be in Canmore next weekend. Doing Lake Louise on Friday but thinking about adding Sunshine on Sunday since I'm pretty much there anyways.
    Funny you say this because ive been on an Everest binge the last couple months and its nothing like i expected, its literally a line up up there lol If the weather stays like this it might not be too bad but sunshine on a sunday is going to be line up city, either youre there early waiting in line for it to open or you get there late and are stuck in the long line

    Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heli-skiing is double-meat sub level tho.
    Whistler is double meat level, heli skiing is double lobster meat with a combo with glass bottle drink and a soup on the side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019/2020 Ski and Snowboard Thread

    By r3ccOs in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-16-2020, 02:27 AM
  2. Official 2015-2016 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread!

    By Dave P in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 281
    Latest Threads: 08-11-2016, 11:40 AM
  3. Official 2014-2015 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread!

    By lasimmon in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 629
    Latest Threads: 05-22-2015, 10:09 AM
  4. Official 2013-2014 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread!

    By Twin_Cam_Turbo in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 800
    Latest Threads: 09-07-2014, 02:24 PM
  5. Any hookups for Season Passes at Sunshine for the 09/10 ski season?

    By Redlyne_mr2 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-15-2009, 04:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •