Quantcast
2020/21 Ski/Snowboard Season - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/21 Ski/Snowboard Season

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long is the hike up that mountain Brent?
    pretty standard is 3k and 300 m an hour on the up, plus food/drink/pee breaks. Think that was about a 5 hour round trip but we pulled the plug ~100 m before the top due to the number of people above us. Pretty positive i can see myself on the photo from GT..O (I suspect we skied down as you guys were just coming up the heinous skin track up the middle by the rock band).

Will say we skied yesterday in the artic conditions and it was very very quiet out there! Roads were an absolute gem for coming home. Amazing snow out in the yoho valley!

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

@Brent.ff do you hike everywhere you go or do you use snowmobiles too? Sounds like a good workout

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Only ski tour so far, dont own a sled and dont have friends that do. Would like to eventually in the radium area.. And yes, it's one hell of a workout.
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-08-2021 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    pretty standard is 3k and 300 m an hour on the up, plus food/drink/pee breaks. Think that was about a 5 hour round trip but we pulled the plug ~100 m before the top due to the number of people above us. Pretty positive i can see myself on the photo from GT..O (I suspect we skied down as you guys were just coming up the heinous skin track up the middle by the rock band).

Will say we skied yesterday in the artic conditions and it was very very quiet out there! Roads were an absolute gem for coming home. Amazing snow out in the yoho valley!
    Small world indeed, yeah, i was the guy in front in the blue midlayer. You guys went lookers left below the main channel and then came down correct?

We waited for the other 6 to come down, before topping out. We stopped just before the main channel and while they were skiing down, one of the guys set off a small slough about a meter wide and it ran for about 150m. Definitely put the ass in pucker mode. Definitely wasnt going to hike up above that cliff with anyone coming down on top us. Ive never been up that col before, it was great.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Ya it was unfortunate timing for us as there was zero way I was climbing that as I knew the party of 3 were gonna ski down on whoever was going up. Think we did what we could to avoid being above you guys without us hanging it out there

Definitely a wild year in the backcountry, we figured that would be a pretty quiet zone and when we saw 7 people above us when we started relatively early.. the year of the headlamp i think. Cant imagine what places like Hector will be like in late March/April

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Ya it was unfortunate timing for us as there was zero way I was climbing that as I knew the party of 3 were gonna ski down on whoever was going up. Think we did what we could to avoid being above you guys without us hanging it out there

Definitely a wild year in the backcountry, we figured that would be a pretty quiet zone and when we saw 7 people above us when we started relatively early.. the year of the headlamp i think. Cant imagine what places like Hector will be like in late March/April
    True,

I had a goal of trying to summit hector, but i think there has been probably 5-6 fatalities on hector in the last 10 years between apollo bowl and the south ridge... no thanks
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    '14 Taco

ya, those two areas are kind of like tent ridge to me... a fuck-no zone. I think the glacier/north approach is quite a bit different and not as shallow snowpack

Anybody done any bc trips with the boys? we got kicking horse booked and theres 6 of us but bc is saying non essential travel is not advised and no gatherings or dining out with non family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Anybody done any bc trips with the boys? we got kicking horse booked and theres 6 of us but bc is saying non essential travel is not advised and no gatherings or dining out with non family.
    I've been to Revy twice and KHo once. No issues with my AB plate/ID at hotels, restaurants, or the resorts themselves so far, but the biggest group i've traveled in is 2 ppl so ymmv.

Revy you could have 6 at a table. Didn't have to be from the same household or family.

My Ride
    LNF

I think you just answered your own question. You should be fine but you are going against the rules so ymmv.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Saw a reference to Selkirk Tangiers heli operation, has anyone gone up with Eagle Pass heli near Revy also? My ARV 116s came with a $300 off coupon for 2021.. pretty tempting but i've heard mixed reviews about this company.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Well I decided to order my Montec jacket and pant kit. We’ll see if it’s just Instagram trash or actually good.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Well I decided to order my Montec jacket and pant kit. We’ll see if it’s just Instagram trash or actually good.
    Goin for the red deer look?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. You should be fine but you are going against the rules so ymmv.
    Yeah i guess so lol i was just wondering how strict they'd be out there.

Anyone remember Sunice? i remember it as a kid but had no idea there'd be an actual standalone store in west ed. I was kinda hoping they'd come back with the neon colors but everything was pretty blah
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sunice is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lariat

I won a coat from Montec 2 years ago through an instagram contest they were running. It's actually really nice. The one I picked was only 10k waterproof/breathable, but I picked it as more of an every day cold weather jacket as I had jut bought a full Saga Kit prior to winning the Montec. They appear to be making even better stuff every year.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    LNF

I ordered a Montec and it’s a really nice jacket for the price. No issues with quality and the pockets are very nice. It was the fawk. I did end up sending it back because i should have gotten a different size. The return process was super easy and you have 30 days to return it.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys. I was torn getting another 686 kit but I loved the look of the Montec stuff. If tracking is right, I should get it on Wednesday. Ordering process was great. I did the Fawk jacket and the Doom pants. Under $500 cad all in, couldn’t believe it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hope you bought this pattern or gtfo.
    Name:  e8230_duplicate_1_100_1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  48.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast