Quantcast
2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferrari has the same budget as Mercedes, some years higher. What does that say about Ferrari?

It’s rhetorical but feel free to answer because reading it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Half of the budget got spent on whine and cheese

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Ferrari have about 20 mil less this year, but yes I get your point. Id say that's more of a indictment against how poorly run Ferrari has been in the last couple years.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Ferrari have about 20 mil less this year, but yes I get your point. Id say that's more of a indictment against how poorly run Ferrari has been in the last couple years.
    Red Bull is also an interesting case. They run about 100m less budget on paper than Mercedes and Ferrari, but that's mainly how they've structured the companies, and having 2 teams. The technical company's budget is split between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri, which is how they get away with running $100m budget less on paper, but in reality we have no idea how the resources are divided internally. The general undersatnding is that the technical company develops everyone with the intention of using it for Red Bull, and anything left over or second best ideas goes to Alpha Tauri, and splitting the company up that way in terms of budget would have RBR exceeding Ferrari and Mercedes budget. The real number is somewhere in between.

This is basically why Mercedes is partnering so hard with Aston Martin right now. It's literally the perfect loophole to get around the budget cap.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This is from 2019, but turns out Ferrari isnt that bad - Williams though - pooooo

Name:  ADDASDSD.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  44.1 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This is from 2019, but turns out Ferrari isnt that bad - Williams though - pooooo

Name:  ADDASDSD.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  44.1 KB
    The budget numbers are all over the place. They're not audited numbers, just estimates based on how someone wants to interpret based on limited public data.

The consensus tho is that the big 3 teams spend roughly the same per year, with ~1000 employees.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Red Bull is also an interesting case. They run about 100m less budget on paper than Mercedes and Ferrari, but that's mainly how they've structured the companies, and having 2 teams. The technical company's budget is split between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri, which is how they get away with running $100m budget less on paper, but in reality we have no idea how the resources are divided internally. The general undersatnding is that the technical company develops everyone with the intention of using it for Red Bull, and anything left over or second best ideas goes to Alpha Tauri, and splitting the company up that way in terms of budget would have RBR exceeding Ferrari and Mercedes budget. The real number is somewhere in between.

This is basically why Mercedes is partnering so hard with Aston Martin right now. It's literally the perfect loophole to get around the budget cap.
    Does that mean Alpha Tauri is more efficient at spending monies for Gasly, or Albon is just a one-hit-wonder? Then again, the same thing happened to Gasly and he's now doing better after the switch.

EDIT: Forgot to quote @rage2
    Last edited by flipstah; 11-03-2020 at 03:57 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The budget numbers are all over the place. They're not audited numbers, just estimates based on how someone wants to interpret based on limited public data.

The consensus tho is that the big 3 teams spend roughly the same per year, with ~1000 employees.
    yea but at least you can get an idea - however a 100 million + or - can certainly throw things off - except for williams, hahaha

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Does that mean Alpha Tauri is more efficient at spending monies for Gasly, or Albon is just a one-hit-wonder? Then again, the same thing happened to Gasly and he's now doing better after the switch.

EDIT: Forgot to quote @rage2
    I've wondered what would happen if Gasly or Kvyat ended up contending for a driver's championship ahead of Verstappen and Albon.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Ive actually found I watch Moto GP now and F1. I tried it historically and it didn't work but for some reason it worked in Corona2020. The racing is nuts, since you only have 2 wheels, cold tire? Bam down you go, guy in first is now running through the gravel trying to get his bike back.

I've really enjoyed F1 for the true engineering aspect now that I have a more 'sporting' series to watch.
    Cos...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3