Quantcast
2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,103
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferrari has the same budget as Mercedes, some years higher. What does that say about Ferrari?

    It’s rhetorical but feel free to answer because reading it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Half of the budget got spent on whine and cheese


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ferrari have about 20 mil less this year, but yes I get your point. Id say that's more of a indictment against how poorly run Ferrari has been in the last couple years.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,138
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferrari have about 20 mil less this year, but yes I get your point. Id say that's more of a indictment against how poorly run Ferrari has been in the last couple years.
    Red Bull is also an interesting case. They run about 100m less budget on paper than Mercedes and Ferrari, but that's mainly how they've structured the companies, and having 2 teams. The technical company's budget is split between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri, which is how they get away with running $100m budget less on paper, but in reality we have no idea how the resources are divided internally. The general undersatnding is that the technical company develops everyone with the intention of using it for Red Bull, and anything left over or second best ideas goes to Alpha Tauri, and splitting the company up that way in terms of budget would have RBR exceeding Ferrari and Mercedes budget. The real number is somewhere in between.

    This is basically why Mercedes is partnering so hard with Aston Martin right now. It's literally the perfect loophole to get around the budget cap.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,416
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This is from 2019, but turns out Ferrari isnt that bad - Williams though - pooooo

    ADDASDSD.jpg

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,138
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is from 2019, but turns out Ferrari isnt that bad - Williams though - pooooo

    ADDASDSD.jpg
    The budget numbers are all over the place. They're not audited numbers, just estimates based on how someone wants to interpret based on limited public data.

    The consensus tho is that the big 3 teams spend roughly the same per year, with ~1000 employees.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,103
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Red Bull is also an interesting case. They run about 100m less budget on paper than Mercedes and Ferrari, but that's mainly how they've structured the companies, and having 2 teams. The technical company's budget is split between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri, which is how they get away with running $100m budget less on paper, but in reality we have no idea how the resources are divided internally. The general undersatnding is that the technical company develops everyone with the intention of using it for Red Bull, and anything left over or second best ideas goes to Alpha Tauri, and splitting the company up that way in terms of budget would have RBR exceeding Ferrari and Mercedes budget. The real number is somewhere in between.

    This is basically why Mercedes is partnering so hard with Aston Martin right now. It's literally the perfect loophole to get around the budget cap.
    Does that mean Alpha Tauri is more efficient at spending monies for Gasly, or Albon is just a one-hit-wonder? Then again, the same thing happened to Gasly and he's now doing better after the switch.

    EDIT: Forgot to quote @rage2
    Last edited by flipstah; 11-03-2020 at 03:57 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,416
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The budget numbers are all over the place. They're not audited numbers, just estimates based on how someone wants to interpret based on limited public data.

    The consensus tho is that the big 3 teams spend roughly the same per year, with ~1000 employees.
    yea but at least you can get an idea - however a 100 million + or - can certainly throw things off - except for williams, hahaha

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The White Ghetto
    My Ride
    Altima Se-R
    Posts
    2,181
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does that mean Alpha Tauri is more efficient at spending monies for Gasly, or Albon is just a one-hit-wonder? Then again, the same thing happened to Gasly and he's now doing better after the switch.

    EDIT: Forgot to quote @rage2
    I've wondered what would happen if Gasly or Kvyat ended up contending for a driver's championship ahead of Verstappen and Albon.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Ive actually found I watch Moto GP now and F1. I tried it historically and it didn't work but for some reason it worked in Corona2020. The racing is nuts, since you only have 2 wheels, cold tire? Bam down you go, guy in first is now running through the gravel trying to get his bike back.

    I've really enjoyed F1 for the true engineering aspect now that I have a more 'sporting' series to watch.
    Cos...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2020

    By tonytiger55 in forum Formula 1
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 07-22-2020, 11:48 AM
  2. Pontiac Grand Prix OWn3d

    By three.eighteen. in forum Street Encounters
    Replies: 37
    Latest Threads: 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
  3. F1 - San Marino Grand Prix at 6:00am today

    By FiveFreshFish in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 04-20-2003, 04:31 PM
  4. Australian Grand Prix (F1)

    By [GaGe] in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 03-09-2003, 01:37 AM
  5. Pontiac Grand-Prix GTP -- Opinions?

    By Fluidic in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 54
    Latest Threads: 12-18-2002, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •