Quantcast
Ryzen 5000 and Radeon 6000 thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ryzen 5000 and Radeon 6000 thread

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Followed up MemEx again about my 5900x if they had a eta. The entire email response was just 'nope'. So fuck that.

Ordered a 5900x from PC-Canada instead. It's 10$ cheaper even with shipping anyways.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I still need to wait for a bios update (ASUS) so hopefully stock issues have been sorted out in Jan

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Followed up MemEx again about my 5900x if they had a eta. The entire email response was just 'nope'. So fuck that.

Ordered a 5900x from PC-Canada instead. It's 10$ cheaper even with shipping anyways.
    I don't think Memex is taking phone calls at all anymore, strictly emails. I tried calling them at 1pm the other day and the phone robot said I have to use the online form. What a joke.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to do my build, haven't heard a peep from Memex on the 5900x I ordered as well.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to do my build, haven't heard a peep from Memex on the 5900x I ordered as well.
    I got this message about my backorder last night. I don't really understand what he is trying to say tbh.

Although the fact they received some 5900's and mine was a ordered before release day is bothering me

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I got this message about my backorder last night. I don't really understand what he is trying to say tbh.

Although the fact they received some 5900's and mine was a ordered before release day is bothering me
    hahaha quality response.

I'm thinking although we ordered the night before release, we probably got added to the back of the list as they apparently prioritize whomever waited in line that day it seems.

Or their backorder list is just ???. Seems like some 5900x stock is trickling in from what I read on the reddit thread but still pretty limited to say the least.

I think I wrote my story in the other thread but they fucked me over too. Preordered a 5950X, they didn't give me one or even bother to contact me to tell me that, and then the guy thought it was a GPU so I missed out on the entire early shipment.

Canada Computers keeps getting stock of everything every couple days or so, I don't know what's special about them but I wish they would sell it online.

Man, how could AMD fuck this launch up so badly?

They shit all over nvidia for a "paper launch" and companies won't even put 6800/6800xt pages up on their sites as there is no stock. And then it sounds like AIB partners are $100+usd over reference cards??

I'm a big ATI fan from back in the day, and I've always bought AMD where possible as they have been the performance/$ brand and I support that. But it's really hard to go to bat for them when Nvidia is providing same price, same performance and has some availability.

My thoughts are that AMD bit off more than it could chew by supporting Xbox and Playstation launches. I also wonder if Nvidia launched the new 3000 series specifically because they new AMD would screw it all up trying to launch before Christmas when they weren't ready.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

They shit all over nvidia for a "paper launch" and companies won't even put 6800/6800xt pages up on their sites as there is no stock. And then it sounds like AIB partners are $100+usd over reference cards??

I'm a big ATI fan from back in the day, and I've always bought AMD where possible as they have been the performance/$ brand and I support that. But it's really hard to go to bat for them when Nvidia is providing same price, same performance and has some availability.

My thoughts are that AMD bit off more than it could chew by supporting Xbox and Playstation launches. I also wonder if Nvidia launched the new 3000 series specifically because they new AMD would screw it all up trying to launch before Christmas when they weren't ready.
    I think it's just general electronics shortages due to the pandemic. Nvidia has been out longer yet their 3000 series cards are still back ordered everywhere. It's not just amd dropping the ball.

I think it's just general electronics shortages due to the pandemic. Nvidia has been out longer yet their 3000 series cards are still back ordered everywhere. It's not just amd dropping the ball.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    https://www.amd.com/en/partner/frank-azor-interview

Maybe you all should learn how to use the refresh key. Pretty hilarious that people thought that somehow it was going to be different. All the fanboys who were frothing at the mouths about how Nvidia "paper launched" and how their savior AMD would be different. The real paper botched launch is AMD...
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 11-28-2020 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

MemEx just called, they have 5900x on hand and ready for me to pickup finally

Nvidia allegedly sold $175 million worth of 3000 series cards directly to crypto miners

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

I think pheoxs is right, had someone ask about getting the Sony A7S III which was "launched" in July, but from what I can find didn't actually ship until October, and apparently people are being told to not expect anything until next year.
    I"m sure covid has something to do with it, but I think the shipping market has more of a part to do with the shortages.

I don't think there was any scenario where there would just be tons of Ampere and Radeon 6000 cards in stock for people to walk in and buy one off the shelf. Manufacturers are basically seeing constant Black Friday levels of consumer demand every time something comes in stock. I don't remember a single GPU launch day where there was an abundance of stock. The Pascal launch was very similar, for example.

COVID has not only disrupted supply chains but it has also increased demand for PC components massively due to more people stuck at home needing a PC for for work, games or whatever else.

I do think it's funny when people call either launch a paper launch though, as though selling hundreds of millions of dollars of inventory is somehow a paper launch. A paper launch is just that - no products sold. It sucks right now no doubt, but things should settle down in Q12021.

MemEx just called, they have 5900x on hand and ready for me to pickup finally
    I hope I get the call before xmas break at least

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I hope I get the call before xmas break at least
    Should've got a pleb 5900 instead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2