Quantcast
New sectional from Leon's / Brick - Negotiate? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New sectional from Leon's / Brick - Negotiate?

My Ride
    Skateboard

Revolve is terrible quality for the price they charge. Most of their items look great and modern but do not last because its all made in China....never again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Revolve is terrible quality for the price they charge. Most of their items are from China....never again.
    Pretty much everything under $5g is from China. Fuck, even my $5500 Natuzzi sectional is from China (and a piece of shit I might add)

My Ride
    VAG products

Damn!! We got a leather sectional from Revolve, so far its been good and the Natuzzi we got from F3 isn't that bad either, maybe I am not as particular. What is wrong with your Natuzzi??

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

If you want quality then you want to find manufactured in Canada or US. There are a few retailers that sell that like EQ3 but break out the wallet.

We have a couch made in the US, structurally it's excellent, upholstery is wearing due to small kids. But it is the type of furniture you re-upholster. Regret not doing leather at the time.

My Ride
    95B

Check EQ3. Around this time of the year depending on how much you spend they have sales (10% to 15% Off).
    We have a sectional and couple of chairs from them. They are pretty decent quality.

My Ride
    changes every year

I found some really nice and comfortable sectionals at sofa land at deerfoot meadows. I'd never been in there before, and it is a bit more expensive than the brick, but what seems to be way better quality.

Don't count them out just because it sounds like a thrift store lol its actually pretty good

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    Damn!! We got a leather sectional from Revolve, so far its been good and the Natuzzi we got from F3 isn't that bad either, maybe I am not as particular. What is wrong with your Natuzzi??
    None of the backs were the same heights on the sections. They replaced the worst one, but it's still very visible if the back isn't against the wall. They refused to replace or repair them all so they align. Also both the back cushions and bottom cushions of each piece varied wildly in firmness from the beginning.

I will say the leather has held up amazingly though after a decade of use.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    costco
    def recommended if you find something you like

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    I found some really nice and comfortable sectionals at sofa land at deerfoot meadows. I'd never been in there before, and it is a bit more expensive than the brick, but what seems to be way better quality.

Don't count them out just because it sounds like a thrift store lol its actually pretty good
    +1 for Sofaland by the deerfoot meadows Costco. Baygirl and I bought our huge sectional there. Yes, came from China, but the build quality is half decent and the prices are comparable to the Brick and Leons, and even a bit cheaper for the sectional we bought. I mean, it's not high end by any stretch of the imagination, but we have had it 4 years now, and it is holding up REALLY well. We had to order ours, but it was pretty painless, and took like 2 weeks. They offer delivery, but I opted to just pick it up right from their warehouse when it arrived.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The idea that Leon's is higher quality than Ikea is laughable.
    This! ...and if you are getting "leather" be careful. That term is very misleading.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Exactly. Revolve was a good store when they firat opened up but they eventually switched to importing from China. They saved a lot of money (scarified quality) but never really lowered their prices. Last time I was down near their store by Deerfoot, they had a sign saying they were going out of business but I think they employ the same marketing scheme as the electronics store in The Zohan.

I have a couch on order from Structube. It looked decent enough in the showroom for what you pay. Most of their stuff comes out of Quebec.

- - - Updated - - -

Other good manufacturers to check out are BlueDot and West Elm.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Now Im petrified to buy anything. Haha. Half kidding, I have found something we like at Ashley although the details of delivery and quality sound concerning. Ikea doesn't have anything quite like I want / comfort wise. Not sure why but I rarely find something comfortable there. Im checking out structube now and seems decent actually.
    Cos...

Have you looked at Urban Barn? Both times I have done the full gamut of research & shopping and going to every store in the furniture district I ended up buying from them. They often have 15% off custom furniture too. Most of their stuff is made in Vancouver and it's built like a tank with good warranty. They have lots of sectionals in the ~$2500 range.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Went through university with several Ikea couches and they were all very average in quality but the prices also reflected that so no complaints there. We then bought a sofa from EQ3 and we were really happy with it. Survived quite a few years of heavy use and ultimately sold it because it doesn't work in our new house.

We now have one from The Bay that we were able to negotiate the price on slightly (ended up 55% off listed price, but the list price probably doesn't mean much) and it's been solid after 3 years. We also bought a new one from Pottery Barn that one is even better. Still feels like the day we got it. Pretty impressed with it.

Adding to other's comments, my in-law got one from Revolve and it's an absolute POS. It looks like a 15 year old couch after maybe just 3 years. They would've been better off buying one from Ikea.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 11-06-2020 at 01:43 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I feel like Ikeas quality has actually been getting worse with time. I still buy things there because cheap, but I’m less and less satisfied with it over time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Interesting to see the Revolve hate. The only thing I've bought from Revolve is a table & chairs that are made in Quebec and the quality is outstanding, but I can't comment on their couches. I think they have multiple furniture sources so you just need to consider each item individually and see where it's made, etc.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Structube quality isn’t great, they just copy designs and make it cheaper. Ashley wasn’t bad, ordered a piece rom there, delivery time was about 2 weeks and no issues.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Alright, I had no idea there was so many choices in drop-shipping chinese furniture. For us Im looking for that $1000 - $1500 range. We have 2 toddlers and dogs. I don't want to be worried about it so I'd rather it be cheap enough that a scratch or two doesn't matter. These are pretty much our style:

https://www.structube.com/en/roger-l...0-57?pid=26678
    https://www.structube.com/en/campbel...7-03?pid=27918
    https://ashleyhomestore.ca/products/...-laf-sectional

I've cross shopped what was discussed:
    - Ikea - out of stock and not 100% perfect
    - Structube - Almost 100% what I like, not quite, better price. 2021 delivery.
    - Ashley - Almost 100% what I like, different, bit more in price & delivery. Later December delivery. Has price protection apparently if it goes on sale on Black Friday.
    - Urban Barn / Pottery Barn / EQ3 /West Elm - Too nice / much $$ for what we're looking at.
    - Costco - nothing quite that we want.
    - Bluedot - not our style
    - FurnitureExtreme - Has a few pieces similar to what we like with Ashley but not on sale.

So Im tied between Ashley and Structube I guess. Both have spotty online reviews but frankly Im not expecting perfection here. Thoughts on the two?
    Cos...

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

This is the one we have right now from The Bay, which is similar in style to what you are looking at. Nothing too fancy because we also have a dog and a toddler so we are prepared for it to be abused. 3+ years so far and still in good shape.

https://www.thebay.com/product/kode-..._color=MASTONE

It was ~$1500 + $75 shipping + bonus Bay points when we got it but I guess it is more expensive now and a little over your budget, but the power recline + USB charging outlet is a really nice touch, and the dog loves hanging out on top of the headrest since it can lay flat. Maybe it's cheaper in-store?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This is the one we have right now from The Bay, which is similar in style to what you are looking at. Nothing too fancy because we also have a dog and a toddler so we are prepared for it to be abused. 3+ years so far and still in good shape.

https://www.thebay.com/product/kode-..._color=MASTONE

It was ~$1500 + $75 shipping + bonus Bay points when we got it but I guess it is more expensive now and a little over your budget, but the power recline + USB charging outlet is a really nice touch, and the dog loves hanging out on top of the headrest since it can lay flat. Maybe it's cheaper in-store?
    The back seems really low on that one. Is it as bad as it looks in person? I don't like those back-rests that are half or 3/4 height.
    Cos...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast