Wheel Bolt Pattern Converters? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wheel Bolt Pattern Converters?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys own two foresters? Nice.
    No actually we don't, just mine, wife drive a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with like 80k on it...doesn't drive much, and needs new set of tires, hence why thinking of getting some of these Toyo Celsius for her just to get to and from work, straight shot down the new ring road section.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    No actually we don't, just mine, wife drive a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with like 80k on it...doesn't drive much, and needs new set of tires, hence why thinking of getting some of these Toyo Celsius for her just to get to and from work, straight shot down the new ring road section.
    Damn, I was ready to be VERY impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Its better than having A/S tires, but still below the range of proper winter tires for our climate. The difference wont be noticeable on days like today, but when its below -10c and the wet roads have frozen over - thats what you are paying for. My wife is in the same situation in that shes close and works from home a lot - however I wont compromise on safety, esp during the worst days of winter - and she has proper winters on her car.

AW tires are perfect for the west coast. I know people who switch from dedicated summers to these AW/slush/rain tires in the winter and they are great.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Its better than having A/S tires, but still below the range of proper winter tires for our climate. The difference wont be noticeable on days like today, but when its below -10c and the wet roads have frozen over - thats what you are paying for. My wife is in the same situation in that shes close and works from home a lot - however I wont compromise on safety, esp during the worst days of winter - and she has proper winters on her car.

AW tires are perfect for the west coast. I know people who switch from dedicated summers to these AW/slush/rain tires in the winter and they are great.
    Thanks for the feedback. I sold my rims/tires yesterday and decided to just get the All Weather tires for wife's car. Did lots of reading and watching on YouTube and the Micheline CrossClimate2 seem like a good tire that should do well year round. Given how little my wife drives, I think it's a good compromise. Costco has a sale on now as well, so decided to just pull the trigger. During heavy snowing days I drive her to work anyways (now that I work from home it's much easier), so the only time she will really drive on these in the snow will be in warmer days and on cleaned roads. On the crappier days, I will just drive her in that same car this year, should be alright as I have driven all-seasons for like 20 years of my life before I finally got Winters a few years ago, hell even on sport tires for a few years in my poor, yet Fast and Furious inspired days.

Decided to outfit her car this year, and next year will get some dedicated studded winters for my Forester for when we go out to the mountains etc. The brand new All-Seasons on the Forester will do for now on non-snowy, dry road days, otherwise just drive wife's car if it snows.

I know it's not ideal, but given how little that car is driven, I think we will manage. One of the other reasons I made this decision is that in the non-covid years, I travel for work almost every second or third week, and last year I think it was, I was away and there was an unexpected snow dump, and I haven't gotten around to changing the tires yet, so she was stuck with driving all-seasons through like a foot of snow....not ideal, so this will somewhat make it at least a bit safer should that happen again and I am not around.

Thanks everyone for your input. Just glad my original set sold and I decided against spacers and converters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2