Quantcast
VENA NOVA Lab Created Diamonds - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: VENA NOVA Lab Created Diamonds

My Ride
    X3

Default VENA NOVA Lab Created Diamonds

Introducing VENA NOVA, Calgary’s first lab created diamond store!

For anyone not familiar with lab created diamonds, they are exactly as described - Identical to diamonds in every way except man-made instead of mined. My vision for VENA NOVA is to provide you the full-service jewelry experience you’ve come to expect at Gem by Carati but centered around lab created diamonds .

A lot of people have asked, why now?
    The timing, although a little odd amidst a pandemic, is right. I’ve been monitoring the lab-created space closely for the better part of 4 years and it’s reached a point in the consistency of price and supply that I’m confident enough to heavily invest. We want to show you the potential of lab created diamonds.

Every loose lab created diamond at VENA NOVA is independently certified and we treat them the same way we do our mined diamonds. Those of you who have dealt with me at Gem by Carati, know exactly how picky I am with my diamonds, VENA NOVA is no different. We currently have the most extensive inventory of loose lab created diamonds in the country at the most competitive prices.

Come try see the difference for yourself. We’re located on the second level of the newly renovated Stephen Avenue Place (formerly Scotia center). Come by to say hi or reach me at [email protected] or 403-264-5557.

Our website is nearly ready, but until then here are the most common FAQ’s
    -How much do lab created diamonds cost?
    Lab created diamonds are anywhere from 50-70% less expensive than mined diamonds.

-Why are lab created diamonds less expensive than natural diamonds?
    The technology for lab created diamonds keeps improving and as it becomes more efficient a higher quantity of lab created diamonds is produced. Having lab created diamonds readily available makes them less rare and helps keep them more affordable compared to natural mined diamonds which are extremely expensive to mine.

-Will my lab created diamond hold it's value?
    We cannot guarantee that as the technology keeps improving, lab created diamonds should become more affordable. However, we believe prices have stabilized without major influx of supply or technological advancement.

My Ride
    X3

Store hours:
    Monday to Saturday: 11am - 5pm
    Sunday: Closed

I'll update this post if anything changes regarding hours.
    Please keep in mind we're flexible with appointments if these hours don't work for you.

Congrats Justin!
    Amazing to see

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Congrats to see a new venture sprouting up during this time! Curious how lab-grown diamonds retain value vs. real ones? I would have to assume the quality from a lab-grown diamond to be much higher due to the controlled variables in the creation process?

My Ride
    Silverado

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Thanks for the great service and price today Justin...they look great and the wife loves them!

My Ride
    X3

Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats to see a new venture sprouting up during this time! Curious how lab-grown diamonds retain value vs. real ones? I would have to assume the quality from a lab-grown diamond to be much higher due to the controlled variables in the creation process?
    Full transparency as always: Lab created will not retain value the same way mined diamonds will. As with any tech, with improvements, prices will come down. We've seen a big drop in prices for lab created in the first couple years that they've really hit the consumer market, but prices have now been stable for about a year so. I feel confident there won't be any wild swings in the near future, however in the long term (think decades) they will not retain value. Mined diamonds over the decades have maintained or appreciated at the wholesale level. There hasn't been a major shift in mined diamonds either with the onset of lab created.

Where I do see a major shift is in the low end of the mined diamond market. IMO, there is no need for the low end chain store offering, which is I1 clarity, I or lower colour with mediocre cut. That segment of the diamond market has never had value anyways, as a consumer there is no need to purchase a low quality mined diamond when a lab created diamond that is significantly higher quality will be priced the same or even less.
    To your point about lab created being higher quality, we are seeing the average quality of lab created being higher than natural just due to price. For example a jump from H colour to F colour in a mined 1.00ct round cut could be $1,800. All other things equal in a lab created diamond, that price difference is $400.
    Right now it's more about price than the creation process as there's still lots to learn to perfect the process. Growers still can't get exactly what they want every time which is why there's really inexpensive lab product out there that has the undesirable green, blue or brown undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the great service and price today Justin...they look great and the wife loves them!
    Thank you again, I truly appreciate it and glad to hear your wife is happy!