Quantcast
Any tips in regards to the best way of becoming a paralegal/ legal assistant? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any tips in regards to the best way of becoming a paralegal/ legal assistant?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Question Any tips in regards to the best way of becoming a paralegal/ legal assistant?

Hey everybody, thanks in advance for reading this, and any advice you would have. My fiance wants to go the route of becoming a paralegal, or legal assistant. She doesn't know as to the best way to go about this. I have zero faith in CDI college. She wants to go this route however, she received a 99.6% score with legal studies in high school. Any insight? Thanks. She will be shown this. If this is what she will do, I'll happily hire lawyers, as tutors to help her on this journey.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

SAIT has a 2 year program and IMO is more reputable than the programs from other school’s. A friend of mine and other lawyers I know taught courses at SAIT. I also know that bigger law firms prefer applicants that completed the two year diploma and skip candidates that took the expedited program from other colleges. I know this because I took the program in 09 when I got laid off work and decided to go back to school, not my first choice then but decided to complete the program anyway. A lot of people I graduated with are now senior paralegal’s or hiring managers at different law firms. I can discuss more via PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SAIT has a 2 year program and IMO is more reputable than the programs from other school’s. A friend of mine and other lawyers I know taught courses at SAIT. I also know that bigger law firms prefer applicants that completed the two year diploma and skip candidates that took the expedited program from other colleges. I know this because I took the program in 09 when I got laid off work and decided to go back to school, not my first choice then but decided to complete the program anyway. A lot of people I graduated with are now senior paralegal’s or hiring managers at different law firms. I can discuss more via PM.
    Thanks ill PM you, thank you sir.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Are you sure she doesn't want to be a teacher?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.