Quantcast
FPS Single player campaign games? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FPS Single player campaign games?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Honestly, western or not, RDR2 is likely the best video game that has come out in a very, very long time.. you could be easily lost in that thing for a year and not be bored. Doesnt feel grindy in the least

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $80 for a 40-45hr game... eh Its going to need a lot of good reviews to sell me.
    More like 170+ hours

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroo...ameplay/ze28d0

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

+1 on RDR2. One of the greatest games of all time. I was never interested in westerns, either.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Mass effect is a great series to work through.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I paid $50 on an Star Citizen which is in alpha and have sunk more than 40 hours into it and its not even complete. So no that isn't cheap entertainment for me.
    How do you like Star Citizen? I just found out about this game a week ago but it looks amazing and super immersive. What’s your honest opinion?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

just started borderlands 3, it's also on sale this week.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    How do you like Star Citizen? I just found out about this game a week ago but it looks amazing and super immersive. What’s your honest opinion?
    There is a free fly event going on right now because of IAE till the 2nd of December. You can join in and play at no cost and check it out.

With that said the game does require a decent system including the game installed on a ssd and a minimum of 16gb and even at that it will chew threw a pagefile fast.

There isn't much in the way of game loops and things to do are limited but if your one who can make something from nothing and enjoy stuff like Minecraft or No Mans Sky you might like it.

The game is visually stunning and how it interacts with your character and the environment is pretty crazy.

I suggest not missing out on the free fly if you really want to try. I am also in a org (guild) and play with a few through discord.

CobraTV on Youtube has a lot of good videos.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Worth a few bucks to try out, but its still super Alpha. I log in every month or two to play around with some buddies, but its too glitchy for me. Crashing to desktop with an entire weeks worth of credits going poof or spending an hour setting up and flying somewhere only to fall through a floor or glitch in a door isn't how I want to spend my precious down time.

But visually its amazing and if they could only get a few more game loops in place and bug free its a good platform to lots of cool stuff.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Worth a few bucks to try out, but its still super Alpha. I log in every month or two to play around with some buddies, but its too glitchy for me. Crashing to desktop with an entire weeks worth of credits going poof or spending an hour setting up and flying somewhere only to fall through a floor or glitch in a door isn't how I want to spend my precious down time.

But visually its amazing and if they could only get a few more game loops in place and bug free its a good platform to lots of cool stuff.
    3.11.1 was released which fixes a lot of issues. As I mentioned above this game is ram hungry. You cannot play it on a hdd and need a pagefile allocated upwards of 30gb or more or you will crash or have random problems.

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues but i have played many 3 hour sessions with no issues.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Hey that’s how you make a game worth the money!

Super easy to make a game last more than 40 hours when you regularly erase a weeks worth of progress
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Hey that’s how you make a game worth the money!

Super easy to make a game last more than 40 hours when you regularly erase a weeks worth of progress
    That doesn't happen nearly as often as people make it seem.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I played a lot this spring, it was happening a couple times a week, I never broke a million credits in a month because of 30k crashes.

Latest patches fixed a lot of that, but its important to keep it real in alpha, its still a rough game and they continually break stuff that worked before.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I played a lot this spring, it was happening a couple times a week, I never broke a million credits in a month because of 30k crashes.

Latest patches fixed a lot of that, but its important to keep it real in alpha, its still a rough game and they continually break stuff that worked before.
    I made 2 million in just over a week recently and now own a Cutlass Black, Nomad and Prospector.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Thats legit good to hear. I enjoyed a lot about the game, but the crashes and bugs were draining the fun so I had ti take a break. I'll have to check it out again. Ive got a cutlass and super hornet that need their legs stretched and a 3080 instead of a 1070 to really blast up the res to 4k

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Thats legit good to hear. I enjoyed a lot about the game, but the crashes and bugs were draining the fun so I had ti take a break. I'll have to check it out again. Ive got a cutlass and super hornet that need their legs stretched and a 3080 instead of a 1070 to really blast up the res to 4k
    Quick 20 min run I did today
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Unfortunately I don’t have the system capable of running it yet but I’m building a new machine shortly for it!

What’s the gist of it? Basically it’s an open sandbox game that you can choose to complete missions, trade shit, or shoot things in your spaceship? I freakin LOVE non-linear gameplay. The graphics look pretty amazing too

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Unfortunately I don’t have the system capable of running it yet but I’m building a new machine shortly for it!

What’s the gist of it? Basically it’s an open sandbox game that you can choose to complete missions, trade shit, or shoot things in your spaceship? I freakin LOVE non-linear gameplay. The graphics look pretty amazing too
    Exactly that lol just in a ongoing development phase.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Exactly that lol just in a ongoing development phase.
    Can you pick a space dogfight with anyone? Or are you generally fighting CPU based characters?

Is it MMO style where other people can join up and co-op on missions and stuff?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Can you pick a space dogfight with anyone? Or are you generally fighting CPU based characters?

Is it MMO style where other people can join up and co-op on missions and stuff?
    Both.

You can be a complete jack ass if you want and go around and shoot players out as much as you want as long as you are out of the armistice zone (no shooting zone) but you will earn a CS (Crime Stat) and after you reach a CS of 2 or 3 I think you get a bounty placed on your head and people can hunt you down at will. Also when you have a CS of 2 or you can only land at 1 space station as its not governed by normal laws. So if you want to be a jerk you can but there are certain consequences.

Yeah its a complete open world and each server instance has 50 people in it that anyone can join up with and if you have friends or people you know that play you can join up and do everything in the game together.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

What happens when I’m offline? I assume my ships are safe but can players head out to claims I’ve staked and destroy my shit if I’m not there to defend it? I assume they’d get crime stat for doing so? Are there cool markets and shit to walk around in if I want to buy clandestine weapons or whatever? I hear thirst and hunger and sleep are things too that you need to give your character?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast