Quantcast
Removing staggered set-up to go square... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Removing staggered set-up to go square...

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Removing staggered set-up to go square...

Hey guys,

Wheels on new car are 245/40ZR20 with 8.5Jx20 ET40 rim on the front. 275/35ZR20 with 9.5x20 rim on the rear.

Aftermarket wheels are 245/35ZR20 all around. Unsure of offset currently.

Was thinking of selling my aftermarket wheels with my old car but now I'm thinking of trying them out on the new car... So I'd be going from staggered to square.

Should I bother with this or is it going to cause problems with an AWD car that comes from factory as staggered? Any other issues?

Thanks for any input.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think read that Audi actually recommends a square setup for winter rims on their cars, so it shouldn't be an issue. It looks funny though. If its for summer rims, I'd buy some quality spacers

The vast majority of cars that come staggered still run the same overall circumference (within allowable spec) both front and back so on an AWD car running square is not an issue at all. The width difference is not your issue in that regard. It really is more one of a change in handling characteristics (think oversteer/understeer) if you are that person who pushes your car hard and is very in tune with how everything feels and behaves, but in the real world 99%+ of the people out there would not notice any difference. However, since this is Beyond and almost everyone here is an undiscovered F1 talent level driver, it might be you who does notice! lol!

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The vast majority of cars that come staggered still run the same overall circumference (within allowable spec) both front and back so on an AWD car running square is not an issue at all. The width difference is not your issue in that regard. It really is more one of a change in handling characteristics (think oversteer/understeer) if you are that person who pushes your car hard and is very in tune with how everything feels and behaves, but in the real world 99%+ of the people out there would not notice any difference. However, since this is Beyond and almost everyone here is an undiscovered F1 talent level driver, it might be you who does notice! lol!
    Was hoping you'd post here. Was going to tag you.

Thanks for the reply. If the weather is good next week, I may remove the stock wheels and put the aftermarket ones on and see what happens. Make sure they clear everything.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew