Quantcast
Remote Starter Gurus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Remote Starter Gurus

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Remote Starter Gurus

We got any remote starter gurus in here?

Picked up a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport as a winter beater from work as a trade in by a customer. Found out it has a Prostart/Autostart remote starter installed in it from Canadian Tire. But oddly, when I bought it, the antenna was disconnected and the key fob although it has LCD damage from battery acid leaking, it still works both were in center console.

Plugged in antenna and light blinks blue

Pulled apart the dash and found the remote starter module and a Idatalink Blade immobilizer bypass. I couldn't find a hoodpin to do a re-program so looks like they wired it up without hoodpin. Anyways, I tried to get it started but it just cranks and wont start. But when I have the key in the ignition, the remote starter works. But I dont wanna mess with programming the module again since I'm no expert in this field and then my car doesnt start.

How to tell if the immobilizer is shot or if it just needs to be programmed again? If I program it wrong, will it fubar/brick the immbolizer?

Thanks in advance *too cheap to buy another immobilizer so hoping this one still works*
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Sounds like the immobilizer bypass is messed or needs to be tuned again. I would just find the model number of the immobilizer and find the guide on now to program it or check functionality. I know when I have done these in the past there were lights to indicate if things are working, and programming was rather simple. It won't mess up your car.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If it remote starts with the key in ignition, that means its working correct?? Just wont start without key there.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I bet the hood pin wire is loose somewhere. Probably grounded
    And needs to be open for vehicle to start. Find the wire then get a hood pin to fix properly. EBay or aliexpress.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400033...0Q90.jpg_.webp

Also check ebrake switch wire.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 11-23-2020 at 11:43 AM.