Quantcast
home karaoke systems - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: home karaoke systems

My Ride
    2005 F350

Default home karaoke systems

my wife has asked me to set up a home karaoke system as a Christmas gift for her but I'm unsure of how I need to go about it.

my mother-in-law has a system that allows users to queue up songs from youtube on their phones and it will play on the TV. the mixer takes the signal from the microphones and youtube and outputs it through the home theatre system.

would I just need a mixer and a device like a chromecast? optical cable from the TV to the mixer and then from the mixer to the home theatre receiver?

there has got to be some flips on here that have it at home. haha.

am I on the right track here or am I missing something? is there a better way to do it? what do you have?
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

I was able to rig together a decent budget setup.

First got myself one of these types of portable PA systems:
    https://www.costco.ca/ion-audio-tota...100675892.html

(i found a similar but cheaper model for $70 on kijiji)

Then i have my audio out from TV going into a 3.5mm cable which inputs into the speaker. So now you have audio from your TV going in with an additional mic input mixed in.

Last step is to find some karaoke content. Youtube has almost everything popular, just type in <song Name> karaoke and you will find what you want. Another option is if you have Telus Optik, there is a karaoke app built in and it has a good selection for free. Or you could pay for some karaoke app/software and load it up on apple tv/roku/whatever streaming device and play there.

The nice thing about this setup vs. a dedicated karaoke machine is that you now have essentially a portable rechargeable speaker that you can use for other purposes... bring it to the park/camping, play it outside in your back yard, etc.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was able to rig together a decent budget setup.

First got myself one of these types of portable PA systems:
    https://www.costco.ca/ion-audio-tota...100675892.html

(i found a similar but cheaper model for $70 on kijiji)

Then i have my audio out from TV going into a 3.5mm cable which inputs into the speaker. So now you have audio from your TV going in with an additional mic input mixed in.

Last step is to find some karaoke content. Youtube has almost everything popular, just type in <song Name> karaoke and you will find what you want. Another option is if you have Telus Optik, there is a karaoke app built in and it has a good selection for free. Or you could pay for some karaoke app/software and load it up on apple tv/roku/whatever streaming device and play there.

The nice thing about this setup vs. a dedicated karaoke machine is that you now have essentially a portable rechargeable speaker that you can use for other purposes... bring it to the park/camping, play it outside in your back yard, etc.

definitely looking to just use Youtube as our music and video source but not really looking to add an additional speaker. I really just want to use the home theatre that I currently have.

thanks for your input.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome