Quantcast
What's your thoughts on "The Great Reset" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your thoughts on "The Great Reset"

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Default What's your thoughts on "The Great Reset"

Been going down a few worm holes lately and this is one of them. Wondering what you guys think about it.

Below is a good summary but again what can you believe. It seems that a lot of the parallel paths that I've been reading and watching all from different sources seem to lead to a common point.

https://youtu.be/yXWiumjOyYE

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Kjonus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been going down a few worm holes lately and this is one of them. Wondering what you guys think about it.

Below is a good summary but again what can you believe. It seems that a lot of the parallel paths that I've been reading and watching all from different sources seem to lead to a common point.

https://youtu.be/yXWiumjOyYE
    Human nature to want to "own" stuff.

Think of a dog and a bone. We're the same, whether we like to admit it or not.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I keep trying to find the reset button so I can start my game from the beginning, but can't find it. Only the power button.

The Great Reset is meaningless tripe from all involved. Politicians will throw a glaze of happy bullshit on their standard corporate friendly agendas to help buoy the spirits of people feeling downtrodden by Covid, and right wing snowflakes will cry that satan is taking over.

Makes for some entertaining youtube videos though

Reset button favors mid and low income brackets. Punishes upper bracket. Upper bracket controls everything. Why would they allow a reset? Not gonna happen unless they can get something out of it

Besides, hitting reset just means we will be back in this situation again eventually

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Maybe we're resetting back to feudalism. That's good for the upper upper bracket.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

may be stone age? then we don't have to worry about toilet paper.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by z24_wheels View Post
    Reset button favors mid and low income brackets. Punishes upper bracket. Upper bracket controls everything. Why would they allow a reset? Not gonna happen unless they can get something out of it

Besides, hitting reset just means we will be back in this situation again eventually
    ^DING!!!!!!!!

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    ^DING!!!!!!!!

/thread

Lol back to the same situation but positions may be changed. You could be bezos and bezos could be working at mcdonalds!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Reset button favors mid and low income brackets. Punishes upper bracket. Upper bracket controls everything.
    How much do I need to make to be in the upper bracket, $92k/y? Probably why I can't control things, don't make enough e-monies.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Can someone reset my purchase on condos in calgary. Thats all i really want. I'd even take student loans over them.

My Ride
    NC1

UN2030 lol fk that shit
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    How much do I need to make to be in the upper bracket, $92k/y? Probably why I can't control things, don't make enough e-monies.
    Enough to not have debt. This supposed reset would benefit those who were frugal with their money or lived a debt free lifestyle, as they're the only ones that wouldn't be strongarmed into giving ownership of everything to the government. It could actually hurt the real rich that have so much business debt and are only rich in "net worth", when their property values all tank.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    The Great Reset is meaningless tripe from all involved. Politicians will throw a glaze of happy bullshit on their standard corporate friendly agendas to help buoy the spirits of people feeling downtrodden by Covid, and right wing snowflakes will cry that satan is taking over.

Makes for some entertaining youtube videos though
    And this is why Both the left and right now need to stop arguing with each other about what is right and wrong and start to fight for rights.

This is why masks or no masks is such a big topic as well IMO..

I've been researching a lot for the last few months at how to look at this from a good financial point for the average person, might try to give my thoughts later on.

If anyone has not seen "The Family" on netflix, I'd highly recommend it, and if you watched it a year+ ago you should rewatch it, when it was released non of the information made any sense, or how power would happen.

A lot has changed now though, I've been watching it a second tme and stopping every few minutes to take notes to put it all together at the end.

Episode 1 is pretty mindblowing with what is happening now and what they wanted.

Can also be consumers boycotting products as jobs are lost to AI.. Rather then fighting among each other they work together, and yes it will happen again, just like it happened from 1919 - 1945 where the UK ran out of money and had to borrow from the US since their pound was actually pegged to Gold at the time.
    Last edited by Kobe; 12-01-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Great Reset or Green New Deal or whatev. Scary shit.
    https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...1-e67ad98a6ecb
    Name:  Screenshot_20210406-070200.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  35.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Its going to be appealing to the young generation that has little wealth as is now, and very little prospects for attaining in the near future.

I always like to mention, that if you were born in a commonwealth nation - you are technically allowed to ask Queen Elizabeth for "Jubilee". Have heard stories of debt absolution all the way up to house. The Queen does afterall own 1/6th (6.6 Billion acres) of the earth, as a corporation.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Considering Canada's Finance Minister is in love with the 1% and is now in a position to get there herself via your tax dollars, consider high quality lube in the coming months.
    https://www.amazon.com/Plutocrats-Ri.../dp/1594204098
    Name:  Screenshot_20210411-115535.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  38.0 KB

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I have a really unintelligent aunt who thinks "this is all communism". In reality it's the acceleration of capitalism:

1.) Well-resourced people are not struggling really at all, other than their "mental health" issues around not being able to as easily visit Mykonos and party at Coachella
    2.) The principle of scarcity is predictably offering its outcome (shortages of XYZ, increasing costs of XYZ; see lumber, RVs, food, etc)
    3.) Less-resourced people are in a severe all around depression
    4.) Record profits for well-positioned corporations/businesses
    5.) The fall of smaller less-resourced businesses
    6.) Predictably, when the government provided coverage for those less-resourced people, the angry lower-middle-class screamed about communism because poor people apparently shouldn't be able to eat or have shelter.

Personally, this situation has walked a few of the remaining conservative values I had out the door. I cannot identify with people who have zero empathy for others in such a loud manner, in order to, in essence, defend billionaires.

Great reset? You're seeing the system play out in its natural manner. To suggest this was a massive conspiracy is, as a metaphor, to expose your underwhelming and defective genitals to the internet. (not OP specifically)

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Might be going for a thread split but...

Here is a commentary on Canada's universal basic income experiment done decades ago.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article...ome-experiment

Items to address: Cost to roll out to entire country and long term ability to keep it going without crippled taxes on higher income earners.

What if you're close to the cutoff but above it. Encourages you to fall into the UBI range.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I thought the deal with UBI was that there was no "clawback" for small amounts earned above it? Like there was no disincentive to working whatever shitty party time job you coukd get on top of UBI?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast