Quantcast
Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Do we hear o Canada for the first time since 97?

Edit - nope.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good recovery GR, hopefully no penalty.

Lewis would have vetoed that pit call.

Congrats Sergio Perez!
    Have to rewatch the race but I think that pit is needed. Assuming Bottas ended up with the same tires you saw them fall apart at the end.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Yeah not sure what laps they pitted. Lewis, Kimi and Sergio are the best tire managers on the grid, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

At the beginning of the year, I thought the 2020 F1 campaign would be a snoozefest, but it has really been one of the most entertaining ones I've followed from start to finish.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Do we hear o Canada for the first time since 97?

Edit - nope.
    Ya what's what with that? Don't they play all 3? Wtf...

As a side note, heck of a race. Feel bad for GR.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Ya what's what with that? Don't they play all 3? Wtf...

As a side note, heck of a race. Feel bad for GR.
    No they only play two anthems.
    First one for the winner and the second one for the Winning Constructor.

Yeah I feel bad for GR. It is only going to make him stronger. I think Bottas is done at Merc. I won't be surprised if a driver swap happens for next season.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Bottas will be Lewis' wingman for 1 more year and then hes done the side show.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    No they only play two anthems.
    First one for the winner and the second one for the Winning Constructor.

Yeah I feel bad for GR. It is only going to make him stronger. I think Bottas is done at Merc. I won't be surprised if a driver swap happens for next season.
    Ohhhhhhh. That's why they were still playing God Save the Queen. I was confused about that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Grimace

That was quite the race. Par for the course this week I suppose. Leclerc finally got a penalty for his dive bombs as well. Checo though, wow, that was quite the performance. Enough for the RB seat perhaps.
    I thought Sebs pit stops were bad until Merc pulled that move but at least Russel was able to show that he deserves the seat for 2022.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

The only thing this race proves is Bottas is a very very sub-par driver. I still dont think GR is that good of a driver...

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Yeah not sure what laps they pitted. Lewis, Kimi and Sergio are the best tire managers on the grid, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Of course we could talk about all the could've beens all day and night but I see it the same way as you do.
    Lewis could've managed his tires better to leave him with enough tire life in the end to be able to decline a pit stop.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    The only thing this race proves is Bottas is a very very sub-par driver. I still dont think GR is that good of a driver...
    and The Cornrows is over-rated.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    I was never on the Russel hype train, he’s fast over one lap but makes mistakes in the race driving for Williams. That said he still destroyed Kubica and Latifi, but it’s hard to judge how good his performance really is. This weekend shows what he’s capable of if he doesn’t have to overdrive the car and just drive at the cars performance envelope. I don’t think it was easy for him at all, he had to deal with a car not suited for him, too small paddles, too small pedals, and even during race he was still learning the steering wheel controls and needed help from the garage. It was an uphill battle for him and he had zero problems getting the most out of the car.

I think you’re right, Bottas makes too many mistakes, and Hamilton makes almost zero. Russell didn’t put a foot wrong the entire weekend. That’s what separates a good driver from a mediocre driver, the ability to do that over an entire race distance while maximizing performance. Russell did that with a bunch of factors against him. Everyone says it’s easy to win in a Merc, Bottas shows it’s not that easy unless you’re a really good driver.

Still, 1 race, too early to tell. Russell is still braking earlier than Bottas, so he hasn’t even maximized the performance of the car yet and still able to out perform him in the race. Not every driver can pull that off in his position. I’d argue he made a really good case that he’s definitely one of the better drivers in the field.

My Ride
    ute

When was the last time you saw Hamilton make a mistake? I honestly can't remember.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    When was the last time you saw Hamilton make a mistake? I honestly can't remember.
    Mugello 1 race, entered the pitlane while it's closed. Though I wouldn't put that 100% on him.
    I remember it clearly since the laps that followed the penalty was entertaining. Closing down a 30 sec gap then passing a bunch of people.

But as far as a driving mistake that costed him positions, last I can think of is Germany 2019.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Germany 2019?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

rear ending kimi around 2008

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Stop hating on my beloved Russell.. Your all behaving like that anti gay politician in the recent news that got caught at the gay orgy. You know deep down you all love George too.. Just admit it. I think on race day you all secretly wear Williams Tshirts and drink tea (just like I do).

Name:  george-russell-and-lando-norris-photocall-london-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10151772a.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  30.2 KB

I admit. It is too early to say if George is that good or if he is just another Jacques Villeneuve. That overtake on Bottas was brilliant though..

I recall Hamilton making a mistake with Rosberg. Hamilton is good, he is in a good car with no real competition. So all he has to do is manage the car instead of race. If he had some real competition with another competitive team. I think he would have to change his strategy of managing the car to race and factor in other variables.
    Bottas is making a lot of mistakes, I think he is feeling the pressure. But from a team perspective it works well. You would not want a Max Verstappen and Hamilton as team mates. They would just take each other out.

Name:  ssz6pmpxau361.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  44.3 KB
    Last edited by tonytiger55; 12-07-2020 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Link to funnies corrected.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Stop hating on my beloved Russell.. Your all behaving like that anti gay politician in the recent news that got caught at the gay orgy. You know deep down you all love George too.. Just admit it. I think on race day you all secretly wear Williams Tshirts and drink tea (just like I do).

Name:  george-russell-and-lando-norris-photocall-london-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10151772a.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  30.2 KB

I admit. It is too early to say if George is that good or if he is just another Jacques Villeneuve. That overtake on Bottas was brilliant though..

I recall Hamilton making a mistake with Rosberg. Hamilton is good, he is in a good car with no real competition. So all he has to do is manage the car instead of race. If he had some real competition with another competitive team. I think he would have to change his strategy of managing the car to race and factor in other variables.
    Bottas is making a lot of mistakes, I think he is feeling the pressure. But from a team perspective it works well. You would not want a Max Verstappen and Hamilton as team mates. They would just take each other out.

Name:  ssz6pmpxau361.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  44.3 KB
    Come on, JV? Friends off. JV was true talent. Followed him religiously through his first race in Indycar till his last race in F1.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Come on, JV? Friends off. JV was true talent. Followed him religiously through his first race in Indycar till his last race in F1.
    LOL.. maybe it was Coulthard..? My memory is a bit hazy. It was defo one of the two.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast