Quantcast
Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL.. maybe it was Coulthard..? My memory is a bit hazy. It was defo one of the two.
    I was a coulthard fan too lol. He’s the reason I’m a McLaren fan.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    i was a coulthard fan too lol. He’s the reason i’m a mclaren fan.
    noooooooo. Lmao

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Let’s go back to Hamilton mistakes. How about all of 2011 when he kept crashing into Massa? That was a fun year haha.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I was never on the Russel hype train, he’s fast over one lap but makes mistakes in the race driving for Williams. That said he still destroyed Kubica and Latifi, but it’s hard to judge how good his performance really is. This weekend shows what he’s capable of if he doesn’t have to overdrive the car and just drive at the cars performance envelope. I don’t think it was easy for him at all, he had to deal with a car not suited for him, too small paddles, too small pedals, and even during race he was still learning the steering wheel controls and needed help from the garage. It was an uphill battle for him and he had zero problems getting the most out of the car.

I think you’re right, Bottas makes too many mistakes, and Hamilton makes almost zero. Russell didn’t put a foot wrong the entire weekend. That’s what separates a good driver from a mediocre driver, the ability to do that over an entire race distance while maximizing performance. Russell did that with a bunch of factors against him. Everyone says it’s easy to win in a Merc, Bottas shows it’s not that easy unless you’re a really good driver.

Still, 1 race, too early to tell. Russell is still braking earlier than Bottas, so he hasn’t even maximized the performance of the car yet and still able to out perform him in the race. Not every driver can pull that off in his position. I’d argue he made a really good case that he’s definitely one of the better drivers in the field.

That's just it, it's one race, but benchmarking against Kubica and Latifi is hardly a contest. Kubica was proven slow during testing before he was confirmed in the Williams. Latifi is not talented enough to be in F1 imo. I think GR arguably had less pressure than Bottas in this 1 race, and once again, Bottas cracked under pressure.

It's too bad that Nico quit the time he did. Because he has learned to be aggressive when he needs to during his championship winning season but can also drive an error free race. I was actually excited for him to try and repeat. They brought in Bottas because he has shown the same consistency in the Williams, but after almost 4 seasons, he's crumbled more often than not. I just dont think he can handle the pressure.

PS: Mika is my childhood hero... the whole reason to love Mclaren.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Yep, as promising as GR is, I think this basically summed up how much the Merc is dominant, and that just about any good driver that manages the car well could win a championship. Ham has no real competition. As much as I like Bottas and root for him, I just dont think he is anything spectacular.

Its basically what many have been saying for years and have been called 'haters' amongst other terms. I mean... good on Ham for putting himself in this successful position. He is not the only one in F1 that has won with a completely dominant car (Shumi's 2000's ferrari dominance comes to mind as well). But to call him the GOAT? I don't know about that.

F1 is and always has been about the car unfortunately. Every so often an incredible driver will come along and drive a subpar car at the level of the other (IMO Max and Leclerc are doing that this year), but this goes to show how F1 really need to start looking at evening out the field for competition sake.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Interesting note from Russell's weekend with Mercedes, he drove all weekend with Hamilton's setup. He's focusing this weekend on getting a setup more suitable to his driving (at least in FP1 and FP2) in case he continues on for the weekend.

Lewis is back, darn. Saw on Twitter.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

So when do the F1TV deals start?

edit wtf how did I end up in a different thread

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6