Quantcast
Warning versus actual traffic ticket - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warning versus actual traffic ticket

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keys on the dash? I've never done that, vehicle off - yes but keys in the ignition every time except the motorcycle warning. Hands, usually visible but not necessarily both on the steering wheel.
    Used to be ama and city police told you to do it.

Still just a habit for me, US they tell you to put the keys on the roof apparently...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That must be optional, as I have had a lot of CPS tickets and have never done it, or been asked to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I've only been pulled over twice in my life, both times were ticketed. The first one liked my car and we small talked about it and everything.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've only been given a warning once. I've probably only been pulled over 6 times in my whole life and the first 3 or 4 was while I was young, stupid, and reckless so I deserved those ones, but overall not bad odds.

I was late at work doing some system upgrades. What should have taken an hour ended up taking 5 hours so I didn't leave the office until around 4am. As I was driving, I was mentally replaying my upgrade trying to figure out what could have went wrong and missed a turn. I looked behind me. I looked ahead of me. Not a car in sight so I did an illegal U-turn at the intersection when it turned green and sure enough, somehow there happened to be a cop in the area that saw me. I got pulled over and the cop asked me what I was doing out this late at night and I pulled the ol "I just got off work and I'm exhausted" act and feigned ignorance on u-turn laws. Asked me a few more questions about where I worked and what I did and sent me on my way.

I had to miss The Roots in concert at The Palace that night cause of work, so I guess the warning was a good trade off.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Usually if I get pulled over I end up with a ticket. The cop asks how I'm doing, do I know why he pulled me over, I tell him yes because I was _______ and then he goes back to his car. I should lie I guess and say no, but I figure there's no sense in pretending he's dumb. The reason he's asking me isn't because he doesn't know either.

Having said that, the last time I was pulled over I just got a warning. I had the cruise set at ~125 heading into Swift Current and a cop pulled onto the highway right behind me. I kicked off the cruise and got back into my lane and idled along at 110 like a good boy. He was a ways behind me and didn't have his lights on, so I started to sneak back up to 120. Then he pulled me over. He asked if I knew why he pulled me over, and this time I said no because I legitimately didn't know. I figured if he was going to get mad about speeding he would have pulled me over the first time. He told me I was going 134. I said I had the cruise set at 118. He asked me when I got my new tires, and if they were bigger than the factory tires, and if I had my speedometer recalibrated. I told him I didn't think it would throw the speedometer off that much, and all that was good enough to get a warning. If anything that's the one where I deserved it. There's no goddamn way I was going 134 though.

I got a warning in Red Deer too for no taillights, but I was pulling into my hotel when he stopped me and I already got a speeding ticket in Penhold. I showed him the ticket, asked him if my night was bad enough that I could deal with the taillights in the morning and told him I was staying in this hotel. I'd've been pretty disappointed if I got another ticket.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

You guys notice any difference between getting pulled over by 1 cop or 2?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    City Traffic RCMP = ticket every time.
    Rural RCMP = Almost always a warning every time. (Can't speak to Ponoka RCMP, I know they don't have a good rep on here.)
    City peace officer = warning every time.
    County Mountie = ticket every time.
    AB Sheriffs = ticket every time, absolutely no question about that.

Can't personally speak to CPS/EPS or CNR/CPR Police or the Parks. Fins and Feathers seems pretty sticky.

I did get pulled over by an RCMP collision analyst once on Hwy 11 lol. He gave me a warning tho.
    Got a warning in Blackfalds because I was a "local" (at the time). He was going to give me a stunting ticket because my truck stepped out on me in fresh snow, I may have been playing around in said fresh snow, I stuck to my story about the road conditions and ultimately he let me go because I lived in town.

Pulled over a quite a few times in my younger days, mix of warnings and tickets. In those younger days, definitely deserved a ticket every time I got a warning.

Haven't been pulled over in 5+? years now, probably luck more than anything, I do drive a little bit over the limit (10-15% over).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Can’t say I have ever been pulled over by a cruiser, but have been caught by a manned speed trap once (CPS) which obviously led to a ticket.

I’m boring I guess lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Nope.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@SKR ? They ask you that? I've never been asked a question by a cop. Not even once. And I used to get pulled over a lot.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    @SKR ? They ask you that? I've never been asked a question by a cop. Not even once. And I used to get pulled over a lot.
    Asked every time. What the fuck are you doing? It's gotta be your vibe?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Yes they do @ExtraSlow

I don't think I've ever been pulled over by anyone but rural RCMP though. Maybe city cops would be different.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

I was touring around central BC on my motorcycle when I was caught in a speed trap (accelerating to new speed limit before reaching the posted sign). I even saw the cop sitting behind the wood pile as I rolled past, but the lights went on so I came to a stop past the sign, shut off bike, and removed my helmet.

I tried to explain that I was now past the sign in the new speed zone and the BC RCMP countered in no uncertain terms that this was a speed trap. He gave me the ticket and asked where I was going. I had originally planned on staying at a resort 5 mins away, but told him "I can read between the lines, you don't want Albertan's here".

I payed the ticket ahead of time for a discount and forgot about the matter; until 8 months later when I get a cheque in the mail from BC refunding the full value of the ticket. Apparently ticket was not entered by cop into system.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've had three RCMP pull overs and there was zero discussion total. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    Yes they do @ExtraSlow

I don't think I've ever been pulled over by anyone but rural RCMP though. Maybe city cops would be different.
    Both city and RCMP here, no difference. Questions every time.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Got a warning in Blackfalds because I was a "local" (at the time). He was going to give me a stunting ticket because my truck stepped out on me in fresh snow, I may have been playing around in said fresh snow, I stuck to my story about the road conditions and ultimately he let me go because I lived in town.

Pulled over a quite a few times in my younger days, mix of warnings and tickets. In those younger days, definitely deserved a ticket every time I got a warning.

Haven't been pulled over in 5+? years now, probably luck more than anything, I do drive a little bit over the limit (10-15% over).
    I got pulled over right in Blackfalds by a young Blackfalds RCMP officer when I was on my CBR600 years ago. This guy was probably very early 20's. I remember looking in mirror and being so pissed off I was being pulled over because I was just cruising down Park Street not doing anything wrong. I pull over and he gets out of the cruiser. I'm aggressively ripping my helmet off to really tie into this guy. He gets closer and says "I really like the bike! I have the same one!"

Obviously quite the ice breaker. lol.

Conversation continued and turns out... he wanted to know which fender eliminator I had and where I got it. hahaha
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Not really. Maybe the odd time... but that takes me back to high school days when we got pulled over by 4 different cops. Literally 4 cruisers behind us.

I'm driving my friends truck. Friend wasn't in the truck. Truck is packed full of people, but wasn't over packed. Everyone is drunk except me, the driver. We get swarmed with cruisers. Everyone taken out of the truck. Booze poured out onto the street. They detain me in the back of the cruiser. I told them I wasn't drunk. There was this one cop, I'll never forget him, he lived for this sort of thing and was totally amped up that he caught a drunk driver. Again I told him I wasn't drunk. Female cop wants to breathalyze and I said please do. So we do the breathalyzer, result comes back 0.0. She was so happy, like some sort of motherly hen type of thing. She let's me out and takes me over to where all the cops are standing. She tells them all I blew 0.0 and that one cop that was so amped up was immediately pissed off. His whole attitude changed for the worse. I remember it vividly. He was standing in a way that a bouncer would stand just before he punched you.

I remember thinking to myself 'WTF? This guy is pissed off because I wasn't drinking and driving?"

Then he takes all my friends ID's and starts handing out liquor tickets like candy on Halloween... which of course I can't argue against because they did have open liquor. But then he goes off on me saying he's getting the truck towed/impounded because the owner wasn't there with us. I said 'call the owner, we have his permission.' Other cop takes his number from me and calls him. Owner (my friend) tells them it's all good and the angry cop stormed off and left.

I was just blown away by the differences... one cop is happy as hell I wasn't drinking and driving and the other is just pissed off as all hell.

Anyway, no tickets/jail for me that night! The female cop told me to 'keep making the right decisions' lol.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I got one coming into the City with the cluster fuck that is Stoney/16 ave about a month ago. Everyone and their brother was sitting in the right lane for like 8 km, with left lane open. I took left lane and moved over before the Stoney turn (didn’t have to cut in, took an open spot and would have continued straight and done a loop at Bowmont otherwise), and a cop pointed me out and took me over to ream me out about ‘how I was more important than anyone else’. Pretty sure he didn’t actually have any ticket to give me so just wanted to hold me up..

I also got one at Lake Louise where I caught the guy with his camera down. He chased me down to tell me I was lucky..
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 11-29-2020 at 09:49 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Got pulled over for speeding and had tinted windows, cop asked if my windows were tinted or dirty, I said tinted then he asked me again and i clued in and said dirty, still gave me a speeding ticket but no tint ticket

Only warning I ever got was when I got pulled over in Richmond I was lost and going pretty quick, I think it’s because they didn’t have to chase me (going different directions) down after I saw them and they flicked on their lights

Dunno if this counts but the big hill on Blackfoot into the valley was probably going 90, car in the opposite direction happened to be a cop and flicked on his lights, I promptly slowed down and that was it, no other cars around
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast