Quantcast
Warning versus actual traffic ticket - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Warning versus actual traffic ticket

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

I don’t recall ever getting a warning.

The last speeding ticket I got was on the NE end of Stoney Trail heading south. I was expecting some questions but instead he just said I was going 20 over, asked for licence and registration, and returned with my ticket. Not much conversation at all. I tried to be considerate and pulled way over to give the officer some extra room away from traffic but he just approached on the passenger side so no help there.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Someone reminded me about this classic warning.

https://jalopnik.com/haircut-gets-al...ticket-5140365
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone reminded me about this classic warning.

https://jalopnik.com/haircut-gets-al...ticket-5140365
    ...friar tuck...
    new nickname?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I've been pulled over maybe a dozen times over my lifetime. It was common when I used to have a bright red z28 in Kamloops, and it wasn't because I was even doing anything... I just looked "suspicious". I even had my vehicle searched twice for nothing at all.

But for times I was pulled over legitimately, I've only gotten a warning once. Earlier in my life I was probably too lippy or had too much general attitude, so I get why that probably was. The one qarnijg I got was while being the last car in a line of cars on the highway. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going, and I just insisted I was following the car in front of me. Guess the cop saw merit in my explanation.

I will say, however, that all but one of the cops who did give me tickets were reasonable. Tickets reduced to lower speeding charges, not ticketing me for illegal customizations, etc. There was one time I even took off on the cops, and did all sorts of things while getting away like speeding, not signaling, driving what could be considered as dangerously, having pepper spray and a knife within reach, and no registration. I only got a ticket for no registration. That one was lucky. It helped that once I entered a residential area I opted to pull over and wait for them. (There was still a bit of ice on the ground, and going full out seemed excessively dangerous to avoid a ticket)

Easy for me to say as a white guy, but it really does make a HUGE difference how you act. Police are people too, and don't want attitude when they can throw the book at you. Make them feel safe when they approach and be friendly, and you will generally come out on the other side in much better shape.

Edit: Just remembered - I had another warning. Coming home from the bar with my gf at the time, I was not speeding at all and saw the cop from a mile away. Yet, they pulled me over claiming xx clocked speed. I politely told the cop right then and there that I wasn't speeding, and confirmed such on my speedo when I saw him. After a bit of debating back and forth, I got my warning. There's a fine line to walk when you're telling a cop he's wrong.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-01-2020 at 01:10 PM.

My Ride
    POS

Almost 30 years driving, lots of tickets mostly for speeding, 1 warning. I was always nice and courteous to the police and never argued with them even when they yelled at me.... I was down to 1 demerit one time and my employer threatened to fire me because I was costing them too much insurance but thankfully all the other guys were lazy shits and I was the best worker so they kept me. But it was a wake up call cause I was young and my insurance was getting expensive and another ticket meant license suspension so it ended my speed racer days and I've had a pretty clean record since for the last 20 years with no more than 2 demerits gone at any time.

The one warning was when we were driving back from BC just going with the flow of traffic and not passing anyone cause it was pretty busy in my purple civic coupe and then some db in a purple cavalier coupe blows by us and continues to recklessly pass people with some close calls. A few minutes go by and a cop passes us and a minute later another cop passes but immediately does a uturn and pulls me over. I was polite and courteous and said he pulled over the wrong car and I explained my theory (yeah right, what's the odds two purple coupes haha) but thankfully he came back with a warning.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Once the cop has been at my window, I've never not gotten a ticket. The vast majority were "license and insurance, wait, here's your ticket" interactions I've never even had the cop ask me a question. I did have one cop in Montana flash his lights at me on the interstate when he was going the other way, but he didn't even tap his brakes to follow me. And one RCMP in K-country gave me a "95+" ticket instead of the 125 km/h one I deserved.

And I'm not a dick to the cops either. I dunno. I don't get many tickets any more, so hard to say if being older would help. Last one was for rolling a stop sign in rimbey on the canada day long weekend two years ago. No discussion from the RCMP member that day either, my kids and wife thought it was funny.
    Update to this. Got a speeding ticket for 93 in a 70 on 52nd in the dirty SE. Didn't have my pink card in the truck, so the cop gave me ten minutes while he was writing my speeding ticket (90 in the 70) to produce a digital copy of mypink card. So not a warning for speeding, but some leeway on the pink card. He was kind of acting like I might not have gotten a second ticket even if I didn't have proof of insurance. He was pretty relaxed once my speeding ticket was written.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

They made digital pinks legal a few years ago, so no leeway was given really.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, the fact that I couldn't produce it without a call to my broker. But yeah, still no warnings.

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably my first in person ticket in like 5 years.

My Ride
    V8s

Well, the fact that I couldn't produce it without a call to my broker. But yeah, still no warnings.

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably my first in person ticket in like 5 years.
    You should’ve been able to without calling the broker. Don’t you have an insurance app on your phone?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No, I am the kind of guy who has paper pink cards. I actually hate apps.
    I now have it saved in google drive, and have the paper card in its rightful place.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I actually got a warning instead of a speeding ticket this summer for an honest mistake in an unfamiliar town. I was shocked.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I mean you should definitely have paper pinks in your car. The side of the road is not the right place to explain to an ignorant officer that’ digital pinks are legal.

Plus don’t you drive a newer pickup truck? What’s the point of asking for insurance, everyone knows those are all financed to the tits and the bank will do a better job ensuring adequate insurance than the police ever could.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I actually got a warning instead of a speeding ticket this summer for 12 over in a playground zone.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Way back in High School, I was pulled over for speeding on Elbow and I assume being a jackass with friends, and immediately threw in a Billy Joel tape that was found in the car after I bought it. Proceeded to get a warning, and actually got another warning later in the yearafter throwing in the same casette. The legend of Billy Joel was born! Could be coincedence, could be the Officers didnt think any high school kid playing Billy Joel could possibly be up to no good.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Got pulled over on my 701 this summer. (Getting pulled over on that thing is pretty normal tho.)

Red Deer City RCMP gave me a warning. Ticket would have been for "fail to operate cycle in prescribed manner.".... a ticket I am already no stranger to from previous years. (No hands on handlebars.)

Luckily, the officer was originally from the UK and so probably had a different attitude towards motorcycles. Or perhaps he was just in a good mood.

Also got two warnings from the local peace officer this summer, one was ATV related (riding in ditch) and the other was not traffic related.

Three warnings total this summer! Yahooo!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Plus don’t you drive a newer pickup truck? What’s the point of asking for insurance, everyone knows those are all financed to the tits and the bank will do a better job ensuring adequate insurance than the police ever could.
    The last time I bought a brand new Ford, there was nothing on the paperwork about requiring insurance, even though it was financed (through them). I was surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I received warnings in my teens and early 20's but never since. Cops are just different from back in the day.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    *The First*

No, I am the kind of guy who has paper pink cards. I actually hate apps.
    I now have it saved in google drive, and have the paper card in its rightful place.
    You're making me moist!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Way back in High School, I was pulled over for speeding on Elbow and I assume being a jackass with friends, and immediately threw in a Billy Joel tape that was found in the car after I bought it. Proceeded to get a warning, and actually got another warning later in the yearafter throwing in the same casette. The legend of Billy Joel was born! Could be coincedence, could be the Officers didnt think any high school kid playing Billy Joel could possibly be up to no good.
    Music choice definitely makes a difference. Blasting NWA has always been 100% ticket for me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3