Quantcast
Parking Stall Renter Won't Return Pass - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Parking Stall Renter Won't Return Pass

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander
    Posts
    6,435
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Parking Stall Renter Won't Return Pass

    I've rented out my condo parking stall to numerous people and never had any issues till recently

    His rental agreement ends tonight. I've asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted to keep renting or not through text, (no response)

    Emailed him and he said he was finished with it and no longer needs it and where can he return the pass (Nov 15), he used it to store his crotch rocket

    I told him I can pick it up anytime to text me (no response back) (Nov 16)

    Emailed him a few times since I was in the area and that I can swing by to pick up pass (no response back)

    Yesterday I was at the condo putting up parking signs for rent and called him to get pass back. Went down to parking area and his bike isn't there so I assume he moved out (went to voicemail Nov 29)

    I now have a couple people wanting to rent out the stall for December


    Do I just keep his deposit he paid and buy a new pass? Not sure how parking stalls work on legalitys and etc.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,769
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've rented out my condo parking stall to numerous people and never had any issues till recently

    His rental agreement ends tonight. I've asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted to keep renting or not through text, (no response)

    Emailed him and he said he was finished with it and no longer needs it and where can he return the pass (Nov 15), he used it to store his crotch rocket

    I told him I can pick it up anytime to text me (no response back) (Nov 16)

    Emailed him a few times since I was in the area and that I can swing by to pick up pass (no response back)

    Yesterday I was at the condo putting up parking signs for rent and called him to get pass back. Went down to parking area and his bike isn't there so I assume he moved out (went to voicemail Nov 29)

    I now have a couple people wanting to rent out the stall for December


    Do I just keep his deposit he paid and buy a new pass? Not sure how parking stalls work on legalitys and etc.
    Does your rental agreement state anything about returning the pass at a certain time? Just keep the deposit, de-activate old pass and get a new pass. Don't hinder your own schedules for someone who is tardy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've rented out my condo parking stall to numerous people and never had any issues till recently

    His rental agreement ends tonight. I've asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted to keep renting or not through text, (no response)

    Emailed him and he said he was finished with it and no longer needs it and where can he return the pass (Nov 15), he used it to store his crotch rocket

    I told him I can pick it up anytime to text me (no response back) (Nov 16)

    Emailed him a few times since I was in the area and that I can swing by to pick up pass (no response back)

    Yesterday I was at the condo putting up parking signs for rent and called him to get pass back. Went down to parking area and his bike isn't there so I assume he moved out (went to voicemail Nov 29)

    I now have a couple people wanting to rent out the stall for December


    Do I just keep his deposit he paid and buy a new pass? Not sure how parking stalls work on legalitys and etc.
    Can he get into the UG if you say you lost the pass and buy a new one? I'd email him and say he has 48 hours to arrange to return it in the next 5 business days (or something) and if not, deactivate that pass, keep the deposit, and buy a new one.
    Cos...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Speaking from experience you can get your old one deactivated and a new one made in a couple days. Maybe faster if you say it was stollen by someone who was rummaging through your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,416
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Fuck his wife and buy a TrackHawk to store there for yourself.


    This is an equally valid option:
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking from experience you can get your old one deactivated and a new one made in a couple days. Maybe faster if you say it was stollen by someone who was rummaging through your car.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander
    Posts
    6,435
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does your rental agreement state anything about returning the pass at a certain time? Just keep the deposit, de-activate old pass and get a new pass. Don't hinder your own schedules for someone who is tardy.
    No. Just that if they lose/damage the parking pass, the deposit is used to purchase a new pass and a new deposit must be paid. There is a line that states once agreement is terminated, the parking pass must be returned and the parking deposit refunded back to Lessee in full.

    I think hes works in Fort Mac. $50 deposit don't matter to him it seems


    Parking pass is just a printed pass put on the dash or mirror so you don't get towed. To get into the UG, its on his condo key fob.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 11-30-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Deactivate old one, purchase new one, move on with your life.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton area
    My Ride
    Has wheels
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does your rental agreement state anything about returning the pass at a certain time? Just keep the deposit, de-activate old pass and get a new pass. Don't hinder your own schedules for someone who is tardy.
    You've done your DD. Get a new pass and rent to those who want it, move on with life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander
    Posts
    6,435
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Thanks all. Mods please close. Just wanted to confirm legality of stalls as didnt know if its same as renting a place.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I would send him one last text telling him that you're keeping the deposit to replace the pass. If there's a reminder about $$$ he might all of a sudden answer and have free time.
    Nolan

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Just that if they lose/damage the parking pass, the deposit is used to purchase a new pass and a new deposit must be paid. There is a line that states once agreement is terminated, the parking pass must be returned and the parking deposit refunded back to Lessee in full.

    I think hes works in Fort Mac. $50 deposit don't matter to him it seems


    Parking pass is just a printed pass put on the dash or mirror so you don't get towed. To get into the UG, its on his condo key fob.
    Oh so he lives in the building then?
    Cos...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander
    Posts
    6,435
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh so he lives in the building then?
    Yes, I only rent to residents of the building. But I think hes moved out hence why the bike is no longer there.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Similar Threads

  1. WTB parking stall or pass near sait

    By 97luder in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
  2. WTB or rent: parking pass/stall around University of Calgary

    By faijai88 in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 10-01-2009, 01:24 AM
  3. WTB or rent Parking Stall by UofA

    By nit78 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
  4. WTB: U of A Parking Stall

    By scooby_dooby in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 12-11-2003, 02:40 PM
  5. Underground heated parking stall for rent.

    By VTEXTC in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 03-01-2003, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •