Quantcast
Hairiest Moments - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hairiest Moments

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would've lost both beyond.ca founders in that one moment lol.
    I find myself wondering how I would have turned out in the alternate reality without beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Would have been during first Covid-19 lockdown. Didn't shave for 3 months. Made @Toilet_X jealous.

Attachment 95898
    Mmm, lemme comb ya fer louses!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    I walked away from this in '78 (yes fuck off, I'm old we already established that)
    OK didn't walk away, an ambulance took me, but I walked out of the hospital hours later. Couple cracked ribs, a shit-ton of glass in my face/scalp '68 Nova. RIP.

Attachment 95903
    jesus fuck - lap belts only?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have quite a few, surprised I lived through my youth to be honest.

First one I can recall, my buddy and I ended up with a turbo's Ford Thunderbird. This was our first real foray into building a car. We replaced the turbo with some big turbo found at pink-n-pull. We had NFC what we were doing. Stuck it in the T-bird and then took it out NW of Cochrane on some back roads to test it out. Buddy was driving and the car was pulling really hard from a stop sign. He had it up to about 180kph when the biggest fucking deer popped out of the ditch aiming to cross the road. Fucker saw our headlights (this was at dusk) and saw us coming, buddy didnt have time to brake, and the tires we had on there were shit, so swerving at that speed was even more dangerous than hitting it, and thankfully my buddy realized it. But in the biggest stroke of luck, at the last possible second, the deer stops half in the shoulder, half on the road, ducks his head and heads back into the ditch. By the deer ducking it's head, it just went under the passenger door mirror, and time was moving so slow to me, and in such detail, I can vividly remember every fucking hair on the back of the deer's head, and could probably count each and every one.

As for the other stories, do we have a statute of limitations or anything like that in Canada? I don't really wanna post stuff up from 20 years ago and then have to deal with the headache for some Beyond internet points. LOL!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    jesus fuck - lap belts only?
    Actually, I may be thinking of my '66 Biscayne. The '68 Nova may have had shoulder belts. When did they become a thing? It May have been 67-68. Either way, I wasn't wearing it.

My Ride
    W251 R550 4Matic

This was my first car and my first May in Calgary, threw on the summer tires too early and it ended up snowing a couple days later, lost traction braking in a corner and ended up sliding into a guard rail.

Name:  av1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  av2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  72.8 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    ...time was moving so slow to me, and in such detail, I can vividly remember every fucking hair on the back of the deer's head, and could probably count each and every one.
    Oh shit I know what you mean about this. I missed a moose near Mayerthorpe in a snowstorm once. Wasn't driving particularly fast, but it was dark, it was snowing, and the moose was standing on the road. Slid past her in the rented Suburban, and I swear to god she could have licked my drivers window as I went past. I was looking right up her nostril. I just took both feet off the pedals and costed to a stop a few hundred yards later. Did some deep breathing, and drove slowly the rest of the way to the Whitecourt BP's for some wings and MGD. I hated that drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

As for the other stories, do we have a statute of limitations or anything like that in Canada? I don't really wanna post stuff up from 20 years ago and then have to deal with the headache for some Beyond internet points. LOL!
    If memory serves, things like speeding is 6 months (summary conviction offense) but if it was something like a hit and run, then it becomes a indictable offense and these carry no limitations. Some offenses are also hybrid (both).

If you dont want to indict yourself, you can always recite it as being from a 'friend' as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Actually, I may be thinking of my '66 Biscayne. The '68 Nova may have had shoulder belts. When did they become a thing? It May have been 67-68. Either way, I wasn't wearing it.
    Thats a wake up call for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3