Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 20 of 365 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was all announced a few days ago - Pfizer temporarily reducing production capacity so that they can upgrade their facilities to be able to produce more. Short term pain for long term gain. Nothing surprising here
    CatSplat has it right, it was announced we would see reduced shipments coming up. It changed to missing the target last week, we'll miss this week and next week goes to zero.

For a government that keeps telling us that the 6 million dose goal is going to happen and that we can hit 2 million of Moderna and 4 million Pfizer doses by March 31, they aren't very clear on how they intend on delivering. Moderna ships 1-7 Feb (230.4k doses), 22-28 Feb (249.6k doses) and then assuming they stick to schedule, 15-21 March (est 1.194m doses). Pfizer was about 372k doses weekly from Feb 1 onward, but that will need to go up by about 50k doses per week to make up what hasn't and isn't coming in January. The government has completely removed the Pfizer data from their website, which tells me they don't know what it is yet and their Moderna data only goes to the end of February.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You are doing a lot of math to learn that the government is lying about it's ability to get people vaccinated. You could have skipped a step.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You are doing a lot of math to learn that the government is lying about it's ability to get people vaccinated. You could have skipped a step.
    Less zombies to kill yeeeeeah....

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    CatSplat has it right, it was announced we would see reduced shipments coming up. It changed to missing the target last week, we'll miss this week and next week goes to zero.

For a government that keeps telling us that the 6 million dose goal is going to happen and that we can hit 2 million of Moderna and 4 million Pfizer doses by March 31, they aren't very clear on how they intend on delivering. Moderna ships 1-7 Feb (230.4k doses), 22-28 Feb (249.6k doses) and then assuming they stick to schedule, 15-21 March (est 1.194m doses). Pfizer was about 372k doses weekly from Feb 1 onward, but that will need to go up by about 50k doses per week to make up what hasn't and isn't coming in January. The government has completely removed the Pfizer data from their website, which tells me they don't know what it is yet and their Moderna data only goes to the end of February.
    Pfizer announced that although they are reducing shipments to Canada for 4 weeks by half they are still on track to deliver the same total amount by end of March. Once the factory upgrades are done we'll receive additional doses starting the last week of Feb.

With the upgrades Pfizer is still saying they'll produce 2 billion vaccine doses in 2020 so it's not hard to think they'll make up the ~1M doses were losing the next 4 weeks

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post

Surely you can't be serious about thinking anything the government "promises" will be in any way accurately delivered. Is it your first day?

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

A Stettler LTC home had its residents vaccinated in Phase 1. One elderly woman was dead 16 hours later. Went really downhill a couple hours after getting the vaccine. Transported to hospital right away and died. My grandmother (lives in same home) also went downhill right after getting the shot but has seemed to turn around and is feeling better now.

Not saying they're connected...... just saying. Kind of undermined the vaccination effort tho from people jumping to conclusions.

Sister-in-law is a healthcare worker. Was working and the vaccination site had a cancellation. She took the place of the cancellation but when they drew it, they were just short by a hair so no luck.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    A Stettler LTC home had its residents vaccinated in Phase 1. One elderly woman was dead 16 hours later. Went really downhill a couple hours after getting the vaccine. Transported to hospital right away and died. My grandmother (lives in same home) also went downhill right after getting the shot but has seemed to turn around and is feeling better now.

Not saying they're connected...... just saying. Kind of undermined the vaccination effort tho from people jumping to conclusions.
    Could well be connected. Just happened to do a quick Google search and came across this. So, not fact checked but no apparent agenda either unless you figure the CDC has one:
    https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-...de-effects-cdc

Seems side effects are not only very common, but also pretty damn disruptive. That's a large percentage of negative feedback in the article.

I would imagine that if you took a sample size from LTC homes only, the results would end up being skewed exceptionally negatively in both frequency and severity. To the degree that I wouldn't be surprised if the shock to the body might well push someone an inch over the edge. Fact is, and not to be cold, she was likely on the brink as it was, or had an allergic reaction. It does happen, regrettably, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear more accounts as the vaccine is distributed to older people.

While it is great they got it to market so quickly and it is the beginning of the end, I can't say I'm looking forward to getting the shot when my time comes. And they are saying we might have to get regular such vaccinations if we want to maintain our protection? Well that sucks for everyone.

Except for the vaccine producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post

I would imagine that if you took a sample size from LTC homes only, the results would end up being skewed exceptionally negatively in both frequency and severity. To the degree that I wouldn't be surprised if the shock to the body might well push someone an inch over the edge. Fact is, and not to be cold, she was likely on the brink as it was, or had an allergic reaction. It does happen, regrettably, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear more accounts as the vaccine is distributed to older people.
    Kind of like Covid 19 itself...

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post

Sister-in-law is a healthcare worker. Was working and the vaccination site had a cancellation. She took the place of the cancellation but when they drew it, they were just short by a hair so no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Could well be connected. Just happened to do a quick Google search and came across this. So, not fact checked but no apparent agenda either unless you figure the CDC has one:
    https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-...de-effects-cdc

Seems side effects are not only very common, but also pretty damn disruptive. That's a large percentage of negative feedback in the article.

While it is great they got it to market so quickly and it is the beginning of the end, I can't say I'm looking forward to getting the shot when my time comes. And they are saying we might have to get regular such vaccinations if we want to maintain our protection? Well that sucks for everyone.

Except for the vaccine producers.
    Decent article about this topic
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7585278/n...deaths-pfizer/

I could totally see a minor strategy shift to avoid vaccinating extremely frail people who are on the brink of death, but we will see. Or maybe just use a weaker vaccine or weaker dose if those mean weaker side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Ah didn’t see that detail about them reallocating all the Canada doses to EU during this upgrade. Dick move. JT needs to whine louder than EU leaders it seems.
    Or just got a half way smart contract negotiator on the team like the UK did. So that we could have other countries supply diverted to us in a supply shortage, instead of the other way around.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Or just got a half way smart contract negotiator on the team like the UK did. So that we could have other countries supply diverted to us in a supply shortage, instead of the other way around.
    the UK vaccine program sucked balls

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Kind of like Covid 19 itself...
    Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    the UK vaccine program sucked balls
    I never commented on their efficiency. Separate subject.

My Ride
    ute

I never commented on their efficiency. Separate subject.
    the UK had to approve the AZ vaccine before really good trial data came out because they needed something since their supply contracts weren't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    the UK had to approve the AZ vaccine before really good trial data came out because they needed something since their supply contracts weren't that good.
    Whether it's UK or some other country I mixed up that is getting our supply. They're getting it because it is in their contract to get another country's allotment if there is supply issues. The point was that Canada sucks.

My Ride
    ute

Whether it's UK or some other country I mixed up that is getting our supply. They're getting it because it is in their contract to get another country's allotment if there is supply issues. The point was that Canada sucks.
    No argument there

EU had their January allotment cut in half (later approval, so barely any in December) and enacted their option of 300M more doses last week so that carries a lot of leverage. The doses Canada is missing out on is less than the doses the EU has already missed out on.

Amazing the lengths some people are willing to go to:
    https://www.yukon-news.com/news/form...id-19-vaccine/

I would think there has to be an easier way than doing this? I think I read that UAE is doing vaccine tourism if they were that desperate to skip the line.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I know a few people who were organizing a charter voyage to Arizona to jump the line for vaccines.

If I was wealthy and in a worrying age/morbidity category, why wouldn’t you.

Looks like Biden and Turdeau have neutered that plan though.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Here is a look at the effectiveness and efficiency that Canadians are being vaccinated

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...hots-1.5247509

Page 20 of 365 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast