Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 27 of 365 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ance-1.5293498

Canada to get 1.1M AZ from South Korea via COVAX in before March. On top of our 20M ordered.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Canada to get 1.1M AZ from South Korea via COVAX in before March. On top of our 20M ordered.
    Because we made a $440M donation to Covax we get the extra vaccines. It's like a return on your taxes for donating.

We also are supposed to get them by the end of March.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This is more or less what I was talking about. That level of population density is not a good thing for administration of vaccines. Sure you can get a buttload of vaccines to a dr office, so the upstream logistics are easy, but you have to have 75000 people funnel through that one little location to get stuck with one.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. This is misinformation.
    One is not funnelling 75000 through one location. Where on earth did you get such a idea? In the population density you also get more doctors, pharmacists and more access to different locational resources. 75000 are not going through one office. Its spread out. In turn to meet that demand, multiple centres have to be set up. People go to different locations.
    My mum today got vaccinated at different location to my dad. A friend of mine, his father got vaccinated at a community centre at different location.
    Not only that, another friend. Her mother lives in south Wales. The Army set up a vaccination centre. Even she was impressed how quick and efficient it was. The speed to which people are getting vaccinated is very high. 75000 are not being squeezed through one location.

Raj, I agree there's huge differences. Let's say Canada has half the capacity to "jab" per day. Are we getting 300k jabs done? No, and the problem isn't one of logistics or distance or Airdrie being different than Whitehall. It's government bungled supply that is holding us back. That's it.
    Extra Slow. I admire Psychological hack of using my first name to address me in the discussion. I choose not to. In my past experience I have gotten racial abuse on other platforms once people know ethnic background. I guess it does not matter now.

In turn to your point. As a Engineer surly one would at least know when comparing data, the variables need to be somewhat the same. Otherwise numbers can be miss interpreted.
    A example. A couple of years ago, Indian guy got into a heated discussion with me. To shut me down, he boasted that India has a higher GDP than the UK and other numbers about the economy. His friends and I tried to point out while technically he was not wrong, but India has a billion people vs 63 million to the UK.

Yes the government bungled the supply. Even if we had the vaccine... how many the UK vaccinates in a day is not good comparative example to Canada.

My Ride
    ute

AT least you're not a male 40 year old whitey. That shit is tough.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

AZ underdeliver by like 60% while uk plant doesn't have issue. EU accuses AZ selling to others 1st for higher profits and not a technical glitch.

Hence export ban.

Meanwhile UK, after brexit is doing their own thing and vaccinating at break neck pace. Make EU beauacrats looks like fucking idiots who delayed the approval when they took Christmas off. And members east of Germany are begging to approve and use Chinese and Russian vaccines.
    So the EU raided the AZ facility to prove there wasn't any issues with the plant and reinforce their idea that AZ is giving others priority for high profits? Is the EU or is AZ threatening to release the contract saying EU is getting them at cost and what would that accomplish?

I guess the bigger question that I keep getting mixed answers on is if this proposed export ban will effect Pfizer and Moderna shipments to Canada or is our lack of supply solely based on hairdo's team being horrible negotiators and complete push overs?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. This is misinformation.
    One is not funnelling 75000 through one location. Where on earth did you get such a idea? In the population density you also get more doctors, pharmacists and more access to different locational resources. 75000 are not going through one office. Its spread out. In turn to meet that demand, multiple centres have to be set up. People go to different locations.
    My mum today got vaccinated at different location to my dad. A friend of mine, his father got vaccinated at a community centre at different location.
    Not only that, another friend. Her mother lives in south Wales. The Army set up a vaccination centre. Even she was impressed how quick and efficient it was. The speed to which people are getting vaccinated is very high. 75000 are not being squeezed through one location.
    I pulled 75000 out of thin air, I know it's not that actual number. Might as well be 75MM, it was hyperbole.

Seems like you can't decide if you are for or against vaccination centers being spread out. At first it was bad when we were talking about Canada, now it's good they're spread out in the UK? Frankly, I think it's irrelevant. I was talking about number of vaccination locations on a per capita basis, and in a country like Canada it stands to reason you need to have more per capita to cover the wide geography. That's the basis for my argument.

But, as a dozen other people mentioned (this is also hyperbole, there probably wasn't actually 12 other people that said this ), that whole aspect is not relevant to the issues we're having, and probably won't ever be. Supply < Demand.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    So the EU raided the AZ facility to prove there wasn't any issues with the plant and reinforce their idea that AZ is giving others priority for high profits? Is the EU or is AZ threatening to release the contract saying EU is getting them at cost and what would that accomplish?

I guess the bigger question that I keep getting mixed answers on is if this proposed export ban will effect Pfizer and Moderna shipments to Canada or is our lack of supply solely based on hairdo's team being horrible negotiators and complete push overs?
    IMHO, the export ban is a publicity stunt to show EU members and citizens that they are on it (they are not) and make sure AZ's story is true. It also pressure AZ to divert some from their UK plant so they can start distributing. UK got 15% done, US got 10% done while EU are stuck at 3%, this makes them look bad, especially unlike Canada, they actually have plants within their borders.

EU officials has assured us that this export control will apply in "very limited cases" whatever that means. So I think this could be just some beef between UK/EU again and we get caught in the crossfire. I don't know if hairdo is doing something right or wrong, but I think they are committing to 5x more than we need just for this scenario. AZ should be approved within days and we should get more (South Korea?) and US probably won't approve AZ for another month or so as they are waiting for another 30k people trial to wrap up. So it would be a good window for us to get some before even more demand materializes.

And it's double urgent now that UK variant is spreading much faster and SA variant is reducing efficacy of current round of vaccines and knocking at the door. Everyone need to get to 80% ASAP or it's going to be vicious cycles of lockdowns. The new variant is even impacting Asian countries. Chinese productivity is down. Japan is losing control and now slapping $5K US fines on people and business that disobey public orders and potentially cost Suga's job as PM and/or the Olympics by Apr.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-03-2021 at 05:43 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

COVAX was a pool intended to be used to vaccinate third-world countries that can't afford vaccines. Canada is now robbing from that in an effort to catch up with the rest of the developed world, which is monumentally embarrassing.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    COVAX was a pool intended to be used to vaccinate third-world countries that can't afford vaccines. Canada is now robbing from that in an effort to catch up with the rest of the developed world, which is monumentally embarrassing.
    If you aren't already embarrassed by Canada on general, you're not paying attention.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If you aren't already embarrassed by Canada on general, you're not paying attention.
    I was totally correct about how brutally mismanaged we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Our investment into COVAX was to secure doses for ourselves and to supply low income nations with vaccines. We’re simply drawing from an allocation that we have paid for, no one is getting robbed
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I was totally correct about how brutally mismanaged we are.
    I wasn't just referring to vaccines.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Jfc
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bicycle

Of the $440M, 1/2 is donated to the program and 1/2 is for securing our dosage.

And we are the not the only ones:

Canada is the only member of the G7 group of rich countries listed as a Covax beneficiary at this stage.

Other wealthier countries, including New Zealand and Singapore, have requested an early allocation as well.
    Yes it looks bad. But given how many people are bitching about shortages and after EU pulled that stunt.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

If we didn't, everyone would be "why are we donating vaccines to other countries, when we are still short??!?!?!"

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Of the $440M, 1/2 is donated to the program and 1/2 is for securing our dosage.

And we are the not the only ones:

Yes it looks bad. But given how many people are bitching about shortages and after EU pulled that stunt.
    I don't really see the issue.

G7 countries:
    USA - has their own manufacturing
    UK - has their own manufacturing
    France - EU has manufacturing for all members
    Germany - EU has manufacturing for all members
    Italty - EU has manufacturing for all members
    Japan - Hasn't even started vaccine rollout
    Canada - Doesn't have any manufacturing capabilities

Not really surprising that we're the only one asking for doses

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Japan - Hasn't even started vaccine rollout
    It's complicated....

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/a-bitter...ight-1.1540274
    Japan has one of the lowest rates of vaccine confidence in the world, according to a Lancet study, which found that fewer than 30% of people strongly agreed that vaccines were safe, important and effective, compared with at least 50% of Americans. A recent poll by Japanese public broadcaster NHK found 36% said they didn’t want to take a Covid-19 vaccine.
    It's eye opening to see the Japanese been doing Gaman (Their version of keep calm and carry on) and see all that unravel in the last couple of months just because of the new variants are wrecking them.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-04-2021 at 12:02 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2A31QB

Sputnik V data (from Russia) published. 91%. Mixing Ad26 1st dose and Ad5 2nd dose. AZ is now working with Russian to test mixing the 2.

https://www.dw.com/en/angela-merkel-...lts/a-56432676

Germany is now looking at adding Sputnik to approved list.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Does it come with free novichok? Or do I have to jump out a window to receive it?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Does it come with free novichok? Or do I have to jump out a window to receive it?
    Only if you call Putin a pedo and like little boys.

Page 27 of 365 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast