Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 86 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 86 of 365 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .. could whip something like that up in an afternoon, so hopefully the government was able to do it...
    Error.
    LogicFault.exe

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Like Buster said it limits transmission. But even if it didn’t, Covid is most contagious the days before you are symptomatic, so if you waiting for symptoms as sort of a safety check to be careful around your wife it would probably be too late.
    Outrageous claim is outrageous. Lets see the research that claims this please and thanks.

Couple nurses I know claim that actual effectiveness of the first vaccine shot is only ~30%.

A friend who works at a halfway house has seen people become infected in the past week or so who were first on the list to get the vaccine.

Starting to look like a multi billion dollar boondoggle to line big pharmas pockets.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Outrageous claim is outrageous. Lets see the research that claims this please and thanks.

Couple nurses I know claim that actual effectiveness of the first vaccine shot is only ~30%.
    Asks for research, then provides anecdotal "evidence" from a couple of nurses.

A friend who works at a halfway house has seen people become infected in the past week or so who were first on the list to get the vaccine.

Starting to look like a multi billion dollar boondoggle to line big pharmas pockets.
    People at halfway houses are in 2C, if I am not mistaken.

"Who will be eligible in coming weeks

Residents and support staff at eligible congregate living and work settings at risk for large outbreaks, including: correctional facilities, front-line policing and provincial sheriffs, homeless shelters, meatpacking plants, and group homes for disability, mental health and other types of licensed supportive living."

https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Not to mention that the vaccine has never been said to prevent Covid, rather that it siginifcantly reduces the severity.

Just Google it, there's tons of links.

Another study, which looked at 77 pairs of individuals in which one person infected the other, found that contagiousness both began and peaked before the first symptoms of illness — 2.3 days and 0.7 days respectively.
    Name:  ContactTracing.png
Views: 428
Size:  171.4 KB

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...son-contagious
    Last edited by holden; 04-18-2021 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

First off no vaccine is a 100% for anything

But in this case it is 70-80% give or take, a couple weeks after the shot. What ever that means

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    You can see each day how many of each are being used (ignore the most recent day though, its often updated with a bit more data the day after)

AZ is still being used, just slower at around 3-4k doses per day. So it'll be a month until they are used. Though the US shipment originally said the doses would expire in April/May so there may be a bit of a hurry to ensure they get used up.

I do hope they open eligibility up further, even dropping it to 50+ would add a lot of new people I'd guess. I feel like a reasonably large chunk of the 55+ age range likely already has some kind of health concern and eligible under 2b criteria as well.

No one wants the blood clot vaccine ... AZ is lagging in take up rate , they should just open that one up to whoever wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    "77 pairs"

As is usual, this would never pass the muster as any form of medical research for any other disease or infection. This is such a small sample size as to be utterly useless.

I also liked the "peaked" 0.7 days before symptoms. Somehow so precise, with such little data. All things that nornally raise redflags in research, like hockey stick charts.

"77 pairs"

As is usual, this would never pass the muster as any form of medical research for any other disease or infection. This is such a small sample size as to be utterly useless.

I also liked the "peaked" 0.7 days before symptoms. Somehow so precise, with such little data. All things that nornally raise redflags in research, like hockey stick charts.
    Well I have a friend who works at a halfway house that is seeing people infecting other before showing symptoms.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7013e3_w

Prospective cohorts of 3,950 health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers completed weekly SARS-CoV-2 testing for 13 consecutive weeks. Under real-world conditions, mRNA vaccine effectiveness of full immunization (≥14 days after second dose) was 90% against SARS-CoV-2 infections regardless of symptom status; vaccine effectiveness of partial immunization (≥14 days after first dose but before second dose) was 80%
    80% protection 14 days after first shot is pretty damn good.

My Ride
    Bicycle

at this point, while still have variant of concern that may impact the data, well vaccinated countries are not repeating Dec peak infection while we are posed to go past Dec for this to be the worse wave yet.

My Ride
    ute

is there a vaccine to help people not get suckered into responding to @zechs ?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    is there a vaccine to help people not get suckered into responding to @zechs ?
    There is, but it only works if you have enough people use it for herd immunity.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So my wife found this thing online that people in Alberta that take testosterone were eligible for a vaccine so I went into shoppers and asked them if I could be added to their waitlist. Anyway they asked where I got that info I told them I had talked to 811. The pharmacist said well luckily 811 doesn't get to decide who gets a shot we do. It wasn't like there was 100s of people at shoppers getting vaccines everyday - why they gatekeeping their supply so much.

On AHS website:

Immunosuppression

Individuals treated with, or with a condition that will likely need to be treated with,
    systemic steroids for more than two weeks at a dose equivalent to prednisolone
    at 20mg or more per day for adults.

Both Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate - both of which I have taken are listed as systemic steroids.

EDIT:

And so I called 811 covid line and the guy said oh I dont know anything about what conditions are listed etc on the AHS website I just book it if you say you are eligible FFS

So I called the nurse at 811 and due to the vague reading of the eligibility list they said they weren't talking about all synthetic steroids just certain ones and I don't qualify boo hoo even if the reason I take it (according to my doctor) is to prevent disease.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 04-18-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So my wife found this thing online that people in Alberta that take testosterone were eligible for a vaccine so I went into shoppers and asked them if I could be added to their waitlist. Anyway they asked where I got that info I told them I had talked to 811. The pharmacist said well luckily 811 doesn't get to decide who gets a shot we do. It wasn't like there was 100s of people at shoppers getting vaccines everyday - why they gatekeeping their supply so much.

On AHS website:

Immunosuppression

Individuals treated with, or with a condition that will likely need to be treated with,
    systemic steroids for more than two weeks at a dose equivalent to prednisolone
    at 20mg or more per day for adults.

Both Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate - both of which I have taken are listed as systemic steroids.

EDIT:

And so I called 811 covid line and the guy said oh I dont know anything about what conditions are listed etc on the AHS website I just book it if you say you are eligible FFS
    You have 2 options, book on AHS and just click the check box that you are eligible (there is no verification, it’s completely the honour system) or talk to a doctor and see if they agree, then if the pharmacy hassles you just give the name of the doctor.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Can I help you build a bridge to better credibility? While nurses are more or less amazing human beings, they are not infectious disease experts. Ask them for their source information. If it didn't come from Up to Date or BMJ or a place that is directly working on the issue, question it's accuracy and do your diligence.

Your friend at the halfway house isn't credible as it relates to statistical or clinical significance.

The Big Pharma argument is getting really played out, especially in the complete absence of evidence.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Roll up the sleeves, get your names on the list.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Roll up the sleeves, get your names on the list.

Still not eligible grr
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I would take the chance. Probably greater chance of being struck by lightning while crashing my car on the way to the appointment than getting a clot.

If you get the clot the chance of death is estimated at 25%

Also mostly affects women and people with a low platelet count.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 04-18-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Still not eligible grr
    Millennials will be next, don’t you worry.

Page 86 of 365 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast