Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    141 70.15%
  • No

    33 16.42%
  • Undecided

    27 13.43%
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 840

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,507
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real question is:

    Who would still get the vaccine today, if we could see the effects on the person or the actual discoveries and disclosures, 24 months from now.
    So can you pick me up in your DeLorean?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real question is:

    Who would still get the vaccine today, if we could see the effects on the person or the actual discoveries and disclosures, 24 months from now.
    I'd go line up today for it. It's been shown to be safe in the short / intermediate term, there is zero difference in getting it today versus in April. Any 'long term' issues that people keep worrying about won't show up between now and summer if they did exist anyways. There's nothing special about me so if 50k people got it and have no issues then I'm fairly confident I'll be perfectly fine. If I had certain health issues, allergies, or was in a different risk category then I'd have different thoughts but being a average person I have 0 worry about taking it. God knows when I was younger I did worse things to my body and it survived just fine.
    Nolan

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,346
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant in the US. Canada is irrelevant.
    Dude, why would you mean the US? This is just you saving face and not admitting you are wrong here. Canada is very relevant as we are all Canadians, and being asked if WE (you and I) are getting the vaccine. I mean, lets assume worst case scenario here, shit goes wrong, we can't go begging the USA to let us use their programs...C'mon!

    It's shit like this being spouted off that makes me question things and be nervous about something that would normally take years, get rammed through in record time, and then you tell me that I am being paranoid and not to worry? Dude...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, why would you mean the US? This is just you saving face and not admitting you are wrong here. Canada is very relevant as we are all Canadians, and being asked if WE (you and I) are getting the vaccine.

    It's shit like this being spouted off that makes me question things and be nervous about something that would normally take years, get rammed through in record time, and then you tell me that I am being paranoid and not to worry? Dude...
    No, I meant Canada in general is not relevant to Pfizer's interests or motivations. We're more of an annoyance to them in general. You think Canada's actions have any relevance to how Pfizer views the vaccine? If anything, this simply relates to pricing, not "confidence".

    Besides, I have no particular interest in Pfizer's confidence one way or the other. I can look at the data and see for myself.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,851
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Yep, when I have my chance I will be getting it, whichever 'it' vaccine is available. But that won't be until quite a while from now anyway.

    Inovio's DNA-based vaccine is still in the works but their early-on trials indicated that T-Cell response was much better than the others out there and was highly stable for transport, not even needing to be sub-zero. It won't matter as Canadians won't be able to go to the store and have a choice on what to take. Moreover, many Canadians will observe for several months how the most vulnerable, physically, react to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines anyways. If anything is wrong with it, by the time it reaches us normies the gremlins will have surfaced but I honestly don't see much happening. These vaccines have come together at a pace previously thought impossible but when global collaboration and entire research focus shifted to one scope, it doesn't make me worried. It's actually quite remarkable how the world has come together on this.
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    Benzo
    Posts
    4,493
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I will be getting it. Absolutely.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,660
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will be getting it. Absolutely.
    And then you'll get the vaccine that comes after it when you get bored of the first one, and then the one after that, etc...

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Literally Nothing
    Posts
    6,030
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And then you'll get the vaccine that comes after it when you get bored of the first one, and then the one after that, etc...
    Might even alternate vaccines every couple weeks to see which flavour he likes better
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,492
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    "I'll take the black vaccine in the black syringe please"

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    Benzo
    Posts
    4,493
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    If I can drive it then why note....

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm too lazy to read if this has been asked but if you get the vaccine can you travel without quarantining upon return?

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,437
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I'll take the black vaccine in the black syringe please"
    Red needle though.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,085
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I'll take the black vaccine in the black syringe please"
    Mandingo shot


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    My wife should be getting it before the end of the year being a nurse in a long term care facility. Given that she is getting it, I have no hesitation getting it myself. Might as well go through it together, unfortunately that won't be the case for me for some time. I would get it day 1 if given a choice. I can't wait to travel! I do hope it's a requirement, so all those anti-vaxxers can just sit at home and keep the crazies down to a minimum on my flights

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Respectfully, fuck that shit. I will gladly wear one while in a pandemic but if the virus is controlled and we have herd immunity achieved then no thanks and i'm sure 95% of the population agrees.
    My wife just said today that she hopes people will continue to wear masks when sick with whatever, to prevent the spread. This whole mask wearing has been happening in Japan for YEARS before it became fashionable here, specifically to prevent spread of whatever sickness you got when sick.

    I think Karen's might wear them after all this is over...select few people, but most will go back to the good old days.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,376
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    id definitely wear a mask in crowded place in the winters - trains, buses, airports, ferries (if I ever take one again) and by crowded I mean lots of people

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also heard on the radio today that the federal government has indemnified Pfizer of any legal repercussions related to the Covid vaccine.

    To me, that says that Pfizer isn't 100% confident in their vaccine, and the government is pushing it for PR reasons and has set up a "Covid complications fund" or something like that. When I heard that the feds confirmed that this was the case, it is making me think my decision to wait to get the vaccine is correct.
    That's par for the course on every vaccine. That's like the main piece of information that anti vaxxers stick to when claiming vaccines aren't safe.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The White Ghetto
    My Ride
    Altima Se-R
    Posts
    2,181
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife just said today that she hopes people will continue to wear masks when sick with whatever, to prevent the spread. This whole mask wearing has been happening in Japan for YEARS before it became fashionable here, specifically to prevent spread of whatever sickness you got when sick.

    I think Karen's might wear them after all this is over...select few people, but most will go back to the good old days.
    I think so. I think non-Asian people will be more likely to wear a mask if they're not feeling well now that it's become more commonplace. It was rare to see east of Vancouver. But at this point, the pandemic has made people a lot more aware of spread, so I think it might be a thing now. Especially among those who have non-disposable masks.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    AB/NS
    Posts
    3,284
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    From the US:

    'My daughter stopped by today, said they came around at work today (large Private medical group) asking who wanted the vaccine. At first there were ZERO takers, finally 1 DR said he would if required.
    She, and at least half the staff on her floor, said if it is required like the flu vax, they will turn in their 2 week notice that day. She is the head nurse for 2, of the roughly 100 Dr's in the building.'

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Sounds like Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

    By barmanjay in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 674
    Latest Threads: 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
  2. Will you take the COVID vaccine?

    By sabad66 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 84
    Latest Threads: 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM
  3. H1N1 Vaccine???

    By ekguy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. Shot/Vaccine History? (Tetanus Shot)

    By Joe-G in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
  5. MMR Vaccine / Autism Link a Lie from the start?

    By hampstor in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •