Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 338 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 338 of 365 FirstFirst ... 328 337 338 339 348 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you had 2 shots of the same brand originally, I don't see the point of being picky for the third.
    I'm booked for my third Pfizer shot next month. I considered getting Moderna so I could get in quicker. I'm pretty confident that it doesn't matter which vaccine you get for your booster protection-wise. What I'm not confident in is the government or border services acknowledging that mixing and matching is considered vaccinated again. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, but those dumb fucks can't get anything straight and I would hate to get held up at the border cause some idiot didn't read the memo. They literally are the living example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I guess. They did say my AZ+PZ combo woukd work, so I assume the pickiness at the borders is over.

Not trying to give government agencies any credit, just assuming it won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I have collected all 3 as of yesterday.
    Basically rare concoction. All you Pfizer only guys. That's not rare.

Slight sore arm, tired (slept 13hrs), achy joints but definitely the easiest of the 3.
    AZ was the worst. Didn't wake up for 18hrs.48hrs of muscle pain fevers chills. Pfizer was same effect except didn't sleep 18hrs.
    So this boost is a walk in the park so far.

I'm also a bit worried about not being recognized as fully vaccinated for travel but also I think the whole pcr before travel is going away soon. It's not working and doesn't change outcomes. Seems most friends are testing positive after getting home.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 01-08-2022 at 12:34 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Rarity doesn’t make something valuable
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wife has all three. Can confirm she's not any more valuable with that status.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

2 AZ and 1 Pfizer here. Supposed to get 2nd Pfizer today. Will believe it when I feel the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Anyone got their 3rd shot appointment cancelled by AHS?

After hearing one case, the appointment I got for my folks next week has been cancelled and there is almost no booking available in the city.
    Both wife and I were supposed to get our 3rd shot last Thursday at noon. Got cancelled one hour before we were leaving. Have rebooked at the Brentwood site for Monday. Fingers crossed.

Wife has all three. Can confirm she's not any more valuable with that status.
    Art Room keys are the status symbol in your home.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I'm generally curious... and I dont feel like making a new thread poll but I suppose if somebody does go ahead.

Where do you stop? I'm double vaxxed and have no plans of doing any boosters. I see quite a few people have happily gone and gotten boosters and power to you. But where do you draw the line? If they keep saying more boosters will help your chances bla bla, do you keep getting them or do you at some point say no?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

You now do your best to get Covid and then we can all move on and be done with this never ending pandemic.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    You now do your best to get Covid and then we can all move on and be done with this never ending pandemic.
    I think I had it back in February just before the "official" start of the pandemic. Since then luckily I have been without incident. Head cold sure, but nothing wild. I got a buddy who's double vaxxed and its put him on his ass recently.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    I'm generally curious... and I dont feel like making a new thread poll but I suppose if somebody does go ahead.

Where do you stop? I'm double vaxxed and have no plans of doing any boosters. I see quite a few people have happily gone and gotten boosters and power to you. But where do you draw the line? If they keep saying more boosters will help your chances bla bla, do you keep getting them or do you at some point say no?
    Depends

I won't get a booster unless they mandate it for air travel or international travel

Same as the flu vaccine, I've never had that and probably never will...i assume the covid vaccine will go the same way eventually. People who are scared of catching the virus will go get jagged and those who wash their hands and don't lick door handles probably won't

My Ride
    ute

We don't really know. The idea of vaccinating against coronaviruses is a new thing, so we don't have a lot of experience around how the boosting thing will work. A lot of the reasoning behind boosting is to reduce transmission and actually getting sick. I don't think boosters have done a lot for reducing your probability of getting severe covid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Depends

I won't get a booster unless they mandate it for air travel or international travel

Same as the flu vaccine, I've never had that and probably never will...i assume the covid vaccine will go the same way eventually. People who are scared of catching the virus will go get jagged and those who wash their hands and don't lick door handles probably won't
    Why would you not get a flu shot?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't think boosters have done a lot for reducing your probability of getting severe covid.
    probably because your protection from the initial two doses remains quite good at preventing severe outcomes. That's how I understand the situation.

My Ride
    ute

probably because your protection from the initial two doses remains quite good at preventing severe outcomes. That's how I understand the situation.
    It's an active area of research, but it at least appears that it's a T-cell response that kicks in causing you to neutralize the virus before the disease can get to a severe stage. The booster shots seem to bolster your antibody response, but the t-cell response is probably quite robust with 2 shots, and doesn't get improved a lot with the 3rd. Frankly, given how effective the t-cell response is at keeping you from getting really sick, this isn't as much of a problem as it sounds. I mean, it's hard to approve on "fucking awesome."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Word. I have said before, and I stand by my statement, that third shots are much less important. I won't look down on someone who skips the third shot at this point.

I got mine, but I was more ambivalent.

My Ride
    ute

Word. I have said before, and I stand by my statement, that third shots are much less important. I won't look down on someone who skips the third shot at this point.

I got mine, but I was more ambivalent.
    I got mine because two of my kids haven't had their second shot yet. So if I can do something to prevent brining covid into the house with more antibodies, then I will.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

It's still early and I don't think data is solid as to how effective the initial vaccines are over time - especially as the different variants rise and fall.

My take is that it'll likely be like the flu, whereby we take yearly shots as Covid continues. One doesn't have to, of course, though if I knew my resistance to Covid became very low after a year or two, it would become part of my agenda. Grudgingly.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why would you not get a flu shot?
    Initially it was never something that they made a point of offering to healthy young adults in the UK

When I moved to Canada, they asked me about getting it and I answered the questionnaire only to discover that they're cultured in egg protein and I'm allergic

Which is why I'm very pro-mRNA vaccine, since it's entirely synthetic. If they made all the new flu vaccines mRNA, I'd think about going for one

That being said, I'm 34 and haven't had the flu (that I know of) to think "Damn, I wish I got the vaccine", which coincidentally was my experience with COVID too (I think I had the Brazil variant)

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Initially it was never something that they made a point of offering to healthy young adults in the UK

When I moved to Canada, they asked me about getting it and I answered the questionnaire only to discover that they're cultured in egg protein and I'm allergic

Which is why I'm very pro-mRNA vaccine, since it's entirely synthetic. If they made all the new flu vaccines mRNA, I'd think about going for one

That being said, I'm 34 and haven't had the flu (that I know of) to think "Damn, I wish I got the vaccine", which coincidentally was my experience with COVID too (I think I had the Brazil variant)
    Fun fact, you can ask for a protein free flu shot. It's usually saved for elderly folks or people with allergies.
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 338 of 365 FirstFirst ... 328 337 338 339 348 ... LastLast