Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 85 of 365 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Book! I just received the Moderna vaccine. I would not have qualified for I don't even know how long, but I called Tuesday to be put on waitlist and already got it.
    These waitlists are real. Get on it!
    Well in case you all give a shit, you might be pleased to know that I have come around and am going to get the jab. I still personally don't give two fucks about getting sick but there are enough people in my life around me who are older and have health issues that make them susceptible to the prolems that come about from this type of illness that we are going to just say fuck it and do it.

Thanks for making me a zombie Beyond!

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Book! I just received the Moderna vaccine. I would not have qualified for I don't even know how long, but I called Tuesday to be put on waitlist and already got it.
    These waitlists are real. Get on it!
    Where? I’m on at least 3

Travel to Alaska, get a vaccine June 1
    https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021...arting-june-1/
    Last edited by adam c; 04-17-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Edge

Has there been any hard data on whether a person can transmit the virus post-vaccine? I just realized today that I get my second dose next Saturday, but my wife, who is moderate to high risk for a severe outcome, doesn’t qualify. So, if the vaccine just makes the symptoms less severe and I happen to catch it at work, or wherever, I may not even know I have it. Although we have made it this far, variants are starting to show up at work and I really don’t want to pass anything on.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Has there been any hard data on whether a person can transmit the virus post-vaccine? I just realized today that I get my second dose next Saturday, but my wife, who is moderate to high risk for a severe outcome, doesn’t qualify. So, if the vaccine just makes the symptoms less severe and I happen to catch it at work, or wherever, I may not even know I have it. Although we have made it this far, variants are starting to show up at work and I really don’t want to pass anything on.
    all of the data is pointing towards the vaccines significantly limiting transmission

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    all of the data is pointing towards the vaccines significantly limiting transmission
    That is good news! Last I read, they weren’t sure. Thanks!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Crossed 25% of the provincial population with at least one dose yesterday. That feels significant to me.

Especially when the vaccination train is just getting up to speed.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Like Buster said it limits transmission. But even if it didn’t, Covid is most contagious the days before you are symptomatic, so if you waiting for symptoms as sort of a safety check to be careful around your wife it would probably be too late.

My Ride
    ute

That is good news! Last I read, they weren’t sure. Thanks!
    They're not sure...but it's looking good

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Like Buster said it limits transmission. But even if it didn’t, Covid is most contagious the days before you are symptomatic, so if you waiting for symptoms as sort of a safety check to be careful around your wife it would probably be too late.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    They're not sure...but it's looking good
    Right. Either way, we’ll just keep up with what we’ve been doing. A little extra protection would be nice though.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Only Pfizer has short enough lifespan to get tossed out. None are getting tossed, or very little anyways. The waiting lists and people randomly showing up are massive. Moderna and AZ have a much longer shelf life.

Our jabs vs deliveries gap is mostly AZ. It’s open to only a small age group, and they don’t want it.
    Yeah the wait-list at pharmacies is insane. A friend works at a pharmacy and they had to hire more staff just to answer the phone because so many people are calling about being on waiting list! She said something about them being legally obligated to answer the phone?? I would guess very few vaccines are being wasted
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Andy, I think the government wants to both limit their liability (ie: They did their best to provide a safe vaccine so suing them is useless) as well as to ensure the public they have done their due diligence and all the offered vaccines are safe. We are unfortunately in a strange time when an inordinate amount of people are trying to refute science. It's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I still personally don't give two fucks about getting sick but there are enough people in my life around me who are older and have health issues that make them susceptible to the prolems that come about from this type of illness
    ...and this is the best reason. The fact is, most of us "healthy" people would probably survive just fine. But others aren't so lucky. You did it for those around you. Fair enough.

Personally, I think we should all do it for the community in general. If too many people "opt out", it just keeps going. Especially with the variants, it's so infectious it'll just keep ripping through the unvaxxed. Normally I would suggest I don't care much about people getting sick if they could have been protected, but numbers being too high also means restrictions and I'm so fucking done with restrictions. Let's just get back to normal. This really is a community virus and needs to be handled as such.

As far as I know, theres no sure-fire data on how long the vaccine protection lasts so I suspect reinfection may become an issue in some cases before eventual herd immunity occurs. So that could mean annual shots for a while perhaps? (Speculation. I have read nothing).

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...trazeneca-jabs

Through end-of-day Thursday, out of Alberta’s most recent shipment of 175,400 AstraZeneca doses, only 35,700 doses have been used,
    The NACI’s recommendation on limiting the age group that can receive the AstraZeneca vaccine is non-binding, meaning provinces are free to expand eligibility to any aged 18 or older, as per Health Canada authorization.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Through end-of-day Thursday, out of Alberta’s most recent shipment of 175,400 AstraZeneca doses, only 35,700 doses have been used, ,
    That’s a weird fucking way to phrase that unless they are trying to be intentionally misleading somehow.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    That’s a weird fucking way to phrase that unless they are trying to be intentionally misleading somehow.
    Probably trying to convince AHS and the public to open up and lower the age group.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Cause that’s what we need more of in 2021. The media trying to convince society to abide by their opinions.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Isn't it totally normal for the "most recent shipment" to be only partially used?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Isn't it totally normal for the "most recent shipment" to be only partially used?
    The one that only arrived in Canada a bit over 10 days ago? Yea sounds about right.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I mean, when I go to superstore, I am certainly hoping they haven't distributed every jug of milk from thier most recent shipment.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

You can see each day how many of each are being used (ignore the most recent day though, its often updated with a bit more data the day after)

AZ is still being used, just slower at around 3-4k doses per day. So it'll be a month until they are used. Though the US shipment originally said the doses would expire in April/May so there may be a bit of a hurry to ensure they get used up.

I do hope they open eligibility up further, even dropping it to 50+ would add a lot of new people I'd guess. I feel like a reasonably large chunk of the 55+ age range likely already has some kind of health concern and eligible under 2b criteria as well.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I would assume someone in AHS or government has calculated the number of remaining unvaccinated people for each change in restrictions. I also assume that they have built in some level of "reluctance" to thier modelling.

We have some EIT level spreadsheet engineers that could whip something like that up in an afternoon, so hopefully the government was able to do it in the 5+ months we've been planning for a vaccine rollout.

Page 85 of 365 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast