Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 137 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 137 of 365 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol who the fuck cares which country gets to 50% first. Was that an attempt at a feel good, give yourself a pat on the back post or something?

How is it even fair to compare Canada to the States when they have 300 million more people than us? Do I really need to point out how much more difficult the US' job is compared to ours?

I would pay good money to see Trudeau beg the world for vaccines if he had 330+ Canadians under his watch. I wonder if he would offer other countries free yoga lessons taught by his wife like he did with his liberal staffers.
    I’m pretty sure you’re automatically registered for Sophie’s yoga class as a reward for posting that liberal propaganda.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    It really pisses me off when people keep tossing the word lock down around as we have never been in a lock down. We have only been put into heavy restrictions.

And I don't even consider them heavy just more of a nuisance.
    What difference does it make what word you use to describe it. Lockdowns, restrictions or government incompetence.

It may be a nuisance to you, but people with business like veggie who seesaw opening and closing, while spending stupid amounts to follow bs opening restriction guidelines only to close again, probably find it more than just annoying.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    What difference does it make what word you use to describe it. Lockdowns, restrictions or government incompetence.

It may be a nuisance to you, but people with business like veggie who seesaw opening and closing, while spending stupid amounts to follow bs opening restriction guidelines only to close again, probably find it more than just annoying.
    Because anyone with 2 cents knows this isn't a lock down and anyone who says it is just shows incompetence of knowing what it means.

Restriction is not a lock lock down. If we were in a lock down things would be far worse. We still have the freedom to do things unlike places that went into an actual lock down.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Alberta stops giving first doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine

Lovely

What a shit show

https://apple.news/AJvddlwIqRv2RL3VB5M5p2Q

I got my first shot of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. How do I know if I’m at risk of developing a rare blood clot?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...neca-covid-19/

However, having one dose of AstraZeneca without developing clots doesn’t guarantee the second shot will be problem-free

“There have now been cases of VITT identified after the second dose,” says Dr. Sholzberg. “So we can’t offer the reassurance that if you got your first dose and you were fine, you should be fine with your second dose.”

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Lovely ]

I got my first shot of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. How do I know if I’m at risk of developing a rare blood clot?
    Do you have a vagina? Literally the most important question to answer yours.

Also, that article is 3 weeks old, and loads of people had AZ after the 20th.

Edit: that's funny, the article initially said published April 20th, now it says today, lol.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 05-11-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    It really pisses me off when people keep tossing the word lock down around as we have never been in a lock down. We have only been put into heavy restrictions.

And I don't even consider them heavy just more of a nuisance.
    My business has been forced to close for 10 of the last 14 months with no realistic way to produce revenue. I have been floating the cost of keeping things alive from my own pocket.

But yeah, just a slight nuisance as you say.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This topic was well covered in the other thread. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This topic was well covered in the other thread. No.
    Was it? This is the first time I read about this.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I can safely say, this is no big deal in general, and for you specifically. If you were already at a higher risk for clotting, heart attack or stroke, you should probably talk to your doctor about the benefits of a low-dose aspirin. (Or a half of a regular aspirin every other day, which is the same effective dose).

But overall, literally everything in that article is no big deal. Chillax brah.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Do you have a vagina? Literally the most important question to answer yours.

Also, that article is 3 weeks old, and loads of people had AZ after the 20th.

Edit: that's funny, the article initially said published April 20th, now it says today, lol.
    Says

PUBLISHED MAY 11 2021, 6:00AM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I can safely say, this is no big deal in general, and for you specifically. If you were already at a higher risk for clotting, heart attack or stroke, you should probably talk to your doctor about the benefits of a low-dose aspirin. (Or a half of a regular aspirin every other day, which is the same effective dose).

But overall, literally everything in that article is no big deal. Chillax brah.
    There are two articles and the 2nd one quotes

However, having one dose of AstraZeneca without developing clots doesn’t guarantee the second shot will be problem-free

“There have now been cases of VITT identified after the second dose,” says Dr. Sholzberg. “So we can’t offer the reassurance that if you got your first dose and you were fine, you should be fine with your second dose.

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm not one to say "fake news" but this feels exactly like what fake news actually means.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Dude you need to keep calm.

If you keep freaking out that clot is going to kill you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Haven't you heard about the theory of attraction? Talking about clots causes clots. Rip Coupe.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mods for moving this to this correct thread. This is now truly a MEGA thread. ExtraSlow is pleased.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This is not an old article. This is a new article, decision was made today. Alberta is no longer giving AZ as first dose, regardless of age, citing small risk, while our other vaccines are ramping up. Just a better balance to mitigate risks further because we can. Any further AZ shipments (who knows when since India stopped exporting) will only go towards 2nd doses.

@Buster is going to shit on me for this, but there are a fuck ton of people in India protected by AZ catching whatever variant is going around there. Just employees/families alone, we have 5 cases of people with 1 or 2 shots of AZ still catching covid all symptomatic. Unfortunately, with no variant testing, there's zero supporting actual data to show wtf is happening. Of course, with no Pfizer or Moderna in India, can't just shit on only AZ. More anecdotes to dissect.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

JT can get his second AZ dose sooner perhaps, blessing in disguise? #clotlife

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

India is a real pressure cooker. If they had solid data it would be a really useful laboratory for the rest of the world to study, but as it is, so hard to draw useful conclusions, aside from not to live in poor, dense countries during a pandemic, which isn't a surprise.

Fact is, the comparison between vaccine brand, type, number of doses, personal health risk factors, riskiness of behavior, and the change in time of all of those, it's a big yarn-ball of data that is pretty hard to untangle. The data science people will be teasing that apart for years. But for now, it's just not possible for individuals or governments to come up with much.

Dude you need to keep calm.

If you keep freaking out that clot is going to kill you.
    @89coupe

The clot symptoms are going to be excruciating and creep up after the first 48 hr sick feelings go away. You'll feel good, then get stupid pain.

Like a cracked rim after a pot hole... You're gonna notice.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    @89coupe

The clot symptoms are going to be excruciating and creep up after the first 48 hr sick feelings go away. You'll feel good, then get stupid pain.

I’m only on day 20, 10 more days till the clear. Until of course they change it, again. LOL

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This is not an old article. This is a new article, decision was made today. Alberta is no longer giving AZ as first dose, regardless of age, citing small risk, while our other vaccines are ramping up. Just a better balance to mitigate risks further because we can. Any further AZ shipments (who knows when since India stopped exporting) will only go towards 2nd doses.

@Buster is going to shit on me for this, but there are a fuck ton of people in India protected by AZ catching whatever variant is going around there. Just employees/families alone, we have 5 cases of people with 1 or 2 shots of AZ still catching covid all symptomatic. Unfortunately, with no variant testing, there's zero supporting actual data to show wtf is happening. Of course, with no Pfizer or Moderna in India, can't just shit on only AZ. More anecdotes to dissect.
    It doesn't seem to be the case that they are worried about the risk and that's why it's stopping. We're about to run out of AZ and they want the last little bit on hand for seconds in the face of uncertain supply.

Alberta has stopped administering first doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

In a statement Tuesday, Alberta Health spokesperson Tom McMillan said since there are no known future shipments of AstraZeneca at this time, a determination was made to utilize the remaining supply as second doses.

When asked if the move was at least in part due to concerns over rare blood clots linked to AstraZeneca, McMillan replied the decision was “based on the fact that we are receiving no known future shipments of AstraZeneca at this time but are receiving large quantities of mRNA vaccines.”

“We will continue to monitor the emerging research, and keep Albertans informed in the weeks ahead,” McMillan added, saying the province will continue to adapt depending on supply and emerging research.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    You'll feel good, then get stupid pain.

89coupe be like:
    "What?!! I needed to wash the car!"

Name:  2vyngl.gif
Views: 242
Size:  2.87 MB

Page 137 of 365 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 147 ... LastLast