Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 35 of 365 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL!!! You don't honestly think that the govt will force vaccinations in Canada, do you?

"My __________ and my feelings make it so I am not taking your vaccine" said tens of thousands of "people".
    It will not be mandatory, like paying taxes and death. Some people still find ways to cheat. Maybe COVID anti-vaxers will be moved into interment camps and forced to erect scaffolding for a living. Who knows.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 02-21-2021 at 01:47 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Nobody has made an intelligent case against the vaccine. In addition to the profound lack of intelligence from antivaxxers, anybody I've personally heard talk about why they're against it, sound like they bum cigarettes at the 7-11 and don't spread their cheeks when they shower. Social media is making me miss forums in a big way.
    Last edited by CUG; 02-21-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

(Thanks whoever left the rep comment!)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    Nobody has made an intelligent case against the vaccine.
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?
    You're.missing the operative word in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You're.missing the operative word in his post.
    Doesn't appear so. Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine. So if there is no arguments for or against this topic, then it's a moot point and he really shouldn't be giving any shits about what random people care to have in their body or not. It makes him as equally stupid as the people he is comparing to.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine.
    wrong.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    It will not be mandatory, like paying taxes and death. Some people still find ways to cheat. Maybe COVID anti-vaxers will be moved into interment camps and forced to erect scaffolding for a living. Who knows.
    ^I see what you did there, and I like it!

I don't think there's a way they will force people, but I do agree that they will place obstacles to planes and other things... Potentially

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Here's my argument for the vaccine:

- Covid is more deadly than Influenza.
    - Influenza has muted enough that we'll never get rid of it, even seasonal flu shots help keep it at bay but otherwise its still there year after year.
    - We've already seen COVID is now mutating to new strains that have varying degrees of more spread and/or more deadly
    - Vaccinate people now while its still a handful of dominant strains and try to get rid of it for good rather than it becoming an annual thing like flu season.

Worldwide benefit: Influenza kills 250k-500k per year, so having Influenza + Covid circulating separately should save that many or more per year.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Doesn't appear so. Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine. So if there is no arguments for or against this topic, then it's a moot point and he really shouldn't be giving any shits about what random people care to have in their body or not. It makes him as equally stupid as the people he is comparing to.
    The comment wasn't "tell me you're scientifically and statistically illiterate without actually saying it". If you're finding that your entire worldview constantly collides with experts and scientific consensus, consider the more likely explanation here is that you are wrong, and they are not. Also, downvoting my rep is trash.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you can go do your own homework and provide backup information for the variety of your wild claims here. I think you're mistaken that people are offended or defensive; we think you're overconfident. You're not insulting me, you're the antivaxxer. Not me
    Last edited by CUG; 02-21-2021 at 09:35 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, seems like so far around 1 million people have "got the shot" and Canada is scheduled to receive roughly a million more doses in the next two weeks. Then over 400,000 doses a week for a while.

Even with case counts and hospitalizations being lagging indicators, we should, I think, see some solid improvements in those in 6-8 weeks. (edit: maybe 10-12 weeks more realistically)

I think now we are at the point where "help is on the way soon" is an accurate assessment. Unlike in December when @Buster and I were arguing about "holding on for a few more weeks."

I'm feeling more positive about this subject that I have before. Probably related to the fact that vulnerable people I know can start booking thier shots soon.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-22-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, seems like so far around 1 million people have "got the shot" and Canada is scheduled to receive roughly a million more doses in the next two weeks. Then over 400,000 doses a week for a while.

Even with case counts and hospitalizations being lagging indicators, we should, I think, see some solid improvements in those in 6-8 weeks. (edit: maybe 10-12 weeks more realistically)

I think now we are at the point where "help is on the way soon" is an accurate assessment. Unlike in December when @Buster and I were arguing about "holding on for a few more weeks."

I'm feeling more positive about this subject that I have before. Probably related to the fact that vulnerable people I know can start booking thier shots soon.
    Ironically, when it comes to vaccinations, we will likely start to see deaths/ICU/hospitalizations as a leading indicator (relative to cases anyway).

The comment wasn't "tell me you're scientifically and statistically illiterate without actually saying it". If you're finding that your entire worldview constantly collides with experts and scientific consensus, consider the more likely explanation here is that you are wrong, and they are not. Also, downvoting my rep is trash.
    Political bureaucrats and scientific experts are not even remotely mutually exclusive. And the irony of people making the scientific expert claim for their argument, is they still pick and choose which scientific experts they utilize to justify their preconceived notions. And this is ignoring the fact that science is not about consensus at all.

I had no rep left to give you yesterday, and worrying about that is trash.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I think you're mistaken that people are offended or defensive; we think you're overconfident.
    I don't care what you think. Worrying about what other people are injecting into their bodies is worse than being an anti-vaxer. Your type are like the Jehovah witness of the vaccine world, going around your neighbourhood and educating everyone on how much better you think you are. Except this time it's random forums and wherever else. Take the shot if it makes yourself feel better and gives you that mental sense of superiority. Do you care if 50k Canadians die from smoking complications every year, maybe you should preach your wisdom and convince them to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Covid circulating separately should save that many or more per year.
    Not my problem.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I don't understand why you feel it was rushed. Does that mean the annual flu vaccine is rushed every year too?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I don't understand why you feel it was rushed.
    Rushed is another term for expedited and I don't think there's anyone in the vaccine world who doesn't agree that it was expedited. It is the risk levels due to it that are the debate from some.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Rushed is another term for expedited and I don't think there's anyone in the vaccine world who doesn't agree that it was expedited. It is the risk levels due to it that are the debate from some.
    People are using "rushed" in the pejorative sense. Which is nonsense. They assume that time has been the limiting step for other vaccine development. It isn't. Money is.

We now know that with unlimited resources, a vaccine can be developed and properly tested in 10 months.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post

At least a lot of it is still cautious and data driven. I have no idea why so many are rushing to put SinoVac and Sinopharm in their citizens when there is lack of phase 3 data and anecdote evidence is anywhere from failing WHO standards to 85% effective.

That said, back to AB. We have administered 160K doses with 66k got double dose. Given there are roughly 2M people in phase 1 and phase 2 (50+ and other special cases), so does September phases 3 (GA) sounds like a very low bar set or about right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think we will eventually get to the point where supply isn’t the critical path in vaccination, the more “everyday” people we are including in a phase the more challenging it becomes to get vaccines to those people for whatever reason you want to pick (they don’t want the vaccine, they don’t want to drive to get it, they don’t have time to get it, it isn’t in their area, whatever).

It’s pretty easy to get shots in the arms of captive audiences ( nursing home residents, healthcare workers ) relative to the general population.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    People are using "rushed" in the pejorative sense. Which is nonsense. They assume that time has been the limiting step for other vaccine development. It isn't. Money is.

We now know that with unlimited resources, a vaccine can be developed and properly tested in 10 months.
    Important distinction, fair enough.

I guess I too wondered about them in the early days, but then I asked questions and listened to answers so kind of forgot about that viewpoint.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 35 of 365 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast