Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 136 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 136 of 365 FirstFirst ... 126 135 136 137 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thicker stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Just got done at the old Rona on Macloud. The worst part about it was the road to the parking area....don't come with a lowered car. I was in my Forester and it was pretty bumpy, big ass holes.

I had a 4:20 appointment, got there at 4:05, walked right in, not a single person in line, from time i parket until i was jabbed was less then 5 min. Have to sit around for 15 min after before you can leave. Very smooth operation. It feels like they can be doing a million more people all at once. The line system is setup for a couple hundred people to queue, not a single person was in front of me.
    Similar experience for me there.

I was thinking about how shitty the road was as I was flying down it at 30km/h in my service loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    People who take medical advice from Joe Rogan or Tucker Carlson are some kind of special.
    Anyone who refuses to acknowledge data because they don't politically align with the person delivering it, is dumb as a fucking fence post.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Trying to figure out how the goal posts will move later this week. In April the government said 48% vaccinated is the threshold to move to the next phase, we passed 43% today and if we maintain 50k a day will hit 48% by the weekend.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Trying to figure out how the goal posts will move later this week. In April the government said 48% vaccinated is the threshold to move to the next phase, we passed 43% today and if we maintain 50k a day will hit 48% by the weekend.
    I think it's pretty unrealistic to try and hold the government to what they announced back in the first week of April. The latest restrictions just took effect today and will expire on the 31st, do you think it's realistic to try and hold the government to institute the Stage 1 items starting tomorrow when we hit 48%? I can't even fine a reference to "The Path to Recovery" on their site anymore, so it's probably safe to say it's scrapped. If we can maintain 45k doses per day, that gives us 64% of the 12+ population with at least one dose by May 31 when the restrictions expire, so maybe easing in the second week of June?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, there was some talk of that level of vaccination plus hospitalizations below something and decreasing.

But yeah, we are close baybeeee.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Anyone who refuses to acknowledge data because they don't politically align with the person delivering it, is dumb as a fucking fence post.
    Taking medical advice from a comedian and someone that can’t spell vaccine is as dumb as a fucking fence post…

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

But wasn't that also contingent on numbers going down? Basically any path forward is going to require that first, I imagine.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    But wasn't that also contingent on numbers going down? Basically any path forward is going to require that first, I imagine.
    That's my memory of it. Hospitalizations need to be below the previous threshold and trending down

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

We past 36% today not 43%

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I think it's pretty unrealistic to try and hold the government to what they announced back in the first week of April. The latest restrictions just took effect today and will expire on the 31st, do you think it's realistic to try and hold the government to institute the Stage 1 items starting tomorrow when we hit 48%? I can't even fine a reference to "The Path to Recovery" on their site anymore, so it's probably safe to say it's scrapped. If we can maintain 45k doses per day, that gives us 64% of the 12+ population with at least one dose by May 31 when the restrictions expire, so maybe easing in the second week of June?
    If someone can remember the rough time frame it was announced you could just watch the press conference again for that day on youtube under "YourAlberta"
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    If someone can remember the rough time frame it was announced you could just watch the press conference again for that day on youtube under "YourAlberta"
    It was back on April 12th. The graph had end of May for 48%, end of June for 64% and Mid-September for 72%. Unfortunately for them, vaccines and dosing has ramped up.

It will be interesting, they are going to find themselves in a bit of a pickle come the end of May with the restrictions expiring. They'll need to decide if they stick with their plan in the form of the date or in the form of vaccine numbers, because by that point we will have hit the 64% required for Stage 2. Saying that they'll only do Stage 1 with 64% immune immune isn't going to fly with a lot of people and even if they change their definition of immune to only include first doses and count the entire population, it buys them about 10 days before we're at 64% using that methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    We past 36% today not 43%
    36% is entire population and vaccine only.

Back when they announced the vaccine milestones for reopening, they were using "protective immunity", which is made up of first doses and recovery, using the eligible population as the denominator.

Using those parameters, we're actually at 47.6% today.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Some pointless stats:

Canada has now tied the US in doses per day (per capita) over the past 7 days. The US really is falling off a cliff for giving out doses.Theyve fallen from 3m+ doses per day to less than 1m yesterday.

Also Canada continues to close the gap in 1st doses, less than 10% behind the US now and with the doses on hand plus this week's deliveries from Pfizer and Moderna, Canada has enough doses to pass the US.

Crazy how things are shifting quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Looks like Canada will catch the US for # of 1st doses by the end of next week. Canada is on pace to hit 50% of it's population with a dose by May 20th.
    Where are you getting your stats?

From what I can find (May 9th data), Canada is no where near comparable to what the US has done for vaccinations:

- First doses ~14 million doses in Canada vs US 152 million doses (39% vs 46.3%)
    - Fully vaccinated ~1.2 million in Canada vs 114 million in the US (3.3% vs 34.8%)
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Where are you getting your stats?

From what I can find (May 9th data), Canada is no where near comparable to what the US has done for vaccinations:

- First doses ~14 million doses in Canada vs US 152 million doses (39% vs 46.3%)
    - Fully vaccinated ~1.2 million in Canada vs 114 million in the US (3.3% vs 34.8%)
    I said 1st doses in my post, so its your first listed point. And Canada's 7 day average is doing 0.79 doses per 100 people per day currently (with majority of that being only 1st doses) but that has been rising rapidly thanks to our increased shipments. This week and next we'll see quite a few days over 1 dose per 100 people so by the end of next week (12 days away) we'll get quite close to the 50% mark of 1st doses. The US on the other hand has been slowing and is at just 0.23 1st doses per day so by the end of next week they'll get to ~49% give or take. Hence Canada should pass the US.

That being said, the US just approved Pfizer for 12+ so hopefully they see a uptick in doses again as a result.

Canada data:
    https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

US data, 1st comment:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...id19_vaccines/

This stuff becomes such convoluted BS. So the Alberta site claims we are about 43% with one dose. The Covid tracker site claims 36%. None of this seems to mention if this is based on total population, or on population eligible for vaccine.

The actual numbers are 1.6mil first doses administered. If you look at our adult population it's about 3mil, meaning it's about 50% vaccinated. If you want to include children and use the 4 million total population number, then it's damn near 40%.

Needless to say, ICU cases are dropping, the evidence we see from the US is that we are very close to a number that will see our cases begin to rapidly decline now, but here we are entering a new stage of lockdowns and controls.
    Last edited by Misterman; 05-10-2021 at 11:30 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

This stuff becomes such convoluted BS. So the Alberta site claims we are about 43% with one dose. The Covid tracker site claims 36%. None of this seems to mention if this is based on total population, or on population eligible for vaccine.

The actual numbers are 1.6mil first doses administered. If you look at our adult population it's about 3mil, meaning it's about 50% vaccinated. If you want to include children and use the 4 million total population number, then it's damn near 40%.
    AB site is 43k doses per 100k people, some of which were used for second doses. Alberta has 318k people fully vaccinated with both doses (highest in the country).

If you take those 318k extra doses out that's why it drops to 36% having at least one dose.

All of those figures are per total population, not eligible people as that is gradually changing such as the recent 12+ approval.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

lol who the fuck cares which country gets to 50% first. Was that an attempt at a feel good, give yourself a pat on the back post or something?

How is it even fair to compare Canada to the States when they have 300 million more people than us? Do I really need to point out how much more difficult the US' job is compared to ours?

I would pay good money to see Trudeau beg the world for vaccines if he had 330+ Canadians under his watch. I wonder if he would offer other countries free yoga lessons taught by his wife like he did with his liberal staffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    lol who the fuck cares which country gets to 50% first. Was that an attempt at a feel good, give yourself a pat on the back post or something?

How is it even fair to compare Canada to the States when they have 300 million more people than us? Do I really need to point out how much more difficult the US' job is compared to ours?

I would pay good money to see Trudeau beg the world for vaccines if he had 330+ Canadians under his watch. I wonder if he would offer other countries free yoga lessons taught by his wife like he did with his liberal staffers.
    It's more of a bench mark of our progress. If the US is fully open with no masks or controls of any kind at 50% vaccinated. It stands to reason that we should be in a similar spot given we reach the same percentage.

If they don't open up when we hit 50%, then I hope people have their pitchforks ready. It's already disgusting to be in a 3rd lockdown with hospital metrics as good as we have.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

It's more of a bench mark of our progress. If the US is fully open with no masks or controls of any kind at 50% vaccinated. It stands to reason that we should be in a similar spot given we reach the same percentage.

If they don't open up when we hit 50%, then I hope people have their pitchforks ready. It's already disgusting to be in a 3rd lockdown with hospital metrics as good as we have.
    It really pisses me off when people keep tossing the word lock down around as we have never been in a lock down. We have only been put into heavy restrictions.

And I don't even consider them heavy just more of a nuisance.

My Ride
    V8s

Everyone with two brain cells knows we aren't actually being locked down, it's just easier to type/say "lockdown" than "Put under heavy restrictions".

Page 136 of 365 FirstFirst ... 126 135 136 137 146 ... LastLast