Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 229 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    232 72.96%
  • No

    47 14.78%
  • Undecided

    39 12.26%
Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 219 228 229
Results 4,561 to 4,579 of 4579

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

  1. #4561
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Tiny hands on a tiny keyboard
    Posts
    9,437
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    How dare you assume their planet of origin?
    ...

  2. #4562
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AyyKayy
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    If only there was a repurposed medication, available right now, that had a proven history of safety, long term use and demonstrated efficacy in treating covid19.

    WSJ stepping up with this article.

    WSJ - "Why Is the FDA Attacking a Safe, Effective Drug?"

    Another interesting read, especially for those of you scared for the kids. Hopefully this will help put you at ease!

    The table below is from the CDC website and shows risk of dying of COVID-19 in the USA, stratified by age (1). Know your risks & take precautions, including getting a vaccine if you are in a vulnerable population.

    Older age seems to be the highest risk factor but other risk factors include OBESITY, diabetes, heart disease, and more.

    Around 400 children in the last 1.5 years have died from COVID-19.

    According to a recent Nature article, almost all, if not all of these deaths were in high risk individuals, who had underlying conditions. See the article below for more details (2).

    Children are still in a very low risk category for death and serious COVID-19 disease. As deaths of children have not increased substantially in the last month, this appears to hold true for the Delta variant also. Healthy, normal young adults also seem to be protected from severe COVID - excluding high risk individuals.

    Know your risks and act accordingly.

    If you or a family member(s) have issues with weight (which I also personally struggle with), please consider more exercise and weight reduction. This is one super healthy way to lower your risk factors.

    Another way that may reduce risk is to make sure you getting enough vitamin D3. Overall, 41% of Americans are deficient (3). If you don’t want to over supplement, a simple blood test can determine your levels. Certain groups are more prone to deficiency. According to a 2012 study, these high risks groups include “blacks (82.1%), followed by Hispanics (69.2%)”. Vitamin D deficiency was significantly more common among those who had no college education, were obese, with a poor health status, hypertension, low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level, or not consuming milk daily (all P < .001)" (3). Vitamin D status was inversely associated with mortality in a 2015 retrospective study, This association with deficiency was linked to mortality relating to digestive disease, endocrine, metabolic and nutritional diseases, and respiratory disease (4). If you are deficient in D3, supplementing with this vitamin is just a healthy thing to do.

    A caveat: there is insufficient evidence to support using vitamin D3 for hospitalized COVID-19 patients, and there have been no studies showing vitamin D3 status prior to COVID-19 infection will change the severity or course of disease.
    RISK OF DYING OF COVID-19 IN THE USA, STRATIFIED BY AGE (DATA FROM THE CDC)


  3. #4563
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Tiny hands on a tiny keyboard
    Posts
    9,437
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I don't think anyone is that worried about younger kids dying of coved (or I'm not), it's more about the effect on the development of their lungs and longer term health effects from that. Or for me, that's my particular worry. My one kid has fucked up breathing already, and would like it to not get any more fucked up.

    Anywhoo, that's my take on the situation.
    ...

  4. #4564
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    [QUOTE=SportEL;4991445]

    Solution: Mandate masks that do nothing. Also, onto an age group that don't get sick or transmit it. Smart

    So those experimental jabs sure are working great, yeah?, or is this more of a virtue signal?
    Am I interpreting this wrong? How would the viral load NOT be the same if you are vaccinated or not.

    This is high school level biology and high school level English Literature. What Yossi Gestetner posted is technically correct. But he is taking fact without putting it in a wider context of how a virus and vaccines work.

    Lets look at it this way. If you get punched in the dick by Mike Tyson, it is going hurt very much. It might take you to the hopsital and in some cases kill ones dick.
    Now if one wears some sort of sporting groin protector. The force of the punch is still the same. The groin protector will reduce your chance of going hospital and loosing ones knob.
    Last edited by tonytiger55; 07-29-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Qutation bubble

  5. #4565
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another interesting read, especially for those of you scared for the kids. Hopefully this will help put you at ease!



    RISK OF DYING OF COVID-19 IN THE USA, STRATIFIED BY AGE (DATA FROM THE CDC)

    Cool story but like I said, not worried about death. I am fully aware I have a higher chance of winning the power ball than having my kids die of covid.

    We donít know what we donít know regarding long term effects of covid so Iíd rather not have their tiny developing organs be infected by some virus if I can help it, even itís essentially a certainty they wonít die.

    Weíve made it this far, it would be a shame to have them pick it up at the grocery store or something because some dumbass with a confirmed case decides itís a good idea to go get some milk and spreads it everywhere, all because government says they are allowed now. It would have been so easy and pragmatic to keep that simple rule ďif youíre confirmed positive, isolate til youíre clearĒ in place. Thatís all Iím saying.

  6. #4566
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Gonna be a whole generation of kids with significantly more Asthma in a few years is my guess. Pollution probably isn't helping either.
    Nolan

  7. #4567
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Also wondering the health effects of Kelowna people with all the forest fires yearly.

  8. #4568
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AyyKayy
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also wondering the health effects of Kelowna people with all the forest fires yearly.
    Wear a PM2.5 rated mask outdoors when AQI is poor. Respro makes an awesome product.

    AirPura makes an excellent commercial grade product for addressing indoor Air Quality. Definitely worth considering, even without poor AQI. Especially if you're WFH.

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gonna be a whole generation of kids with significantly more Asthma in a few years is my guess. Pollution probably isn't helping either.
    I think the bigger concern is neurotoxicity of spike protein.

    Definitely an issue with C19 infection in older populations, still a consideration being discussed by experts to understand why neurological disorders increase in vaccinated populations.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...273-5/fulltext
    Last edited by born2workoncars; 07-29-2021 at 04:31 PM.

  9. #4569
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Am I interpreting this wrong? How would the viral load NOT be the same if you are vaccinated or not.

    This is high school level biology and high school level English Literature. What Yossi Gestetner posted is technically correct. But he is taking fact without putting it in a wider context of how a virus and vaccines work.

    Lets look at it this way. If you get punched in the dick by Mike Tyson, it is going hurt very much. It might take you to the hopsital and in some cases kill ones dick.
    Now if one wears some sort of sporting groin protector. The force of the punch is still the same. The groin protector will reduce your chance of going hospital and loosing ones knob.
    The issue lies more with how many other people stand to be dick punched by Tyson in your general vicinity. And the powers that be have long been trying to convince us that wearing a groin protector is for everyone else. And fact of the matter is, it's not, it's for you and only you. There is no reason to continue with these lies any longer, groin protectors are readily available, if you want one then get one, if you don't want one then that's your choice but we should not be implementing nonsense controls in an effort to "protect" these people's dicks any longer. If you are in some weird situation where a groin protector won't fit you, then fuck you, you're on your own like you have always been. Sorry about your luck.

  10. #4570
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The issue lies more with how many other people stand to be dick punched by Tyson in your general vicinity. And the powers that be have long been trying to convince us that wearing a groin protector is for everyone else. And fact of the matter is, it's not, it's for you and only you. There is no reason to continue with these lies any longer, groin protectors are readily available, if you want one then get one, if you don't want one then that's your choice but we should not be implementing nonsense controls in an effort to "protect" these people's dicks any longer. If you are in some weird situation where a groin protector won't fit you, then fuck you, you're on your own like you have always been. Sorry about your luck.
    When stupid things like that is posted. It really highlights the standard of education and if anyone paid attention in high school biology and English literature class. Its just shit stirring complete and utter bullshit. Im sorry it just is.

    As for the vaccine itself. I have posted this before. It was not long ago where there not any vaccines. My parents come from a place where children and people used to get sick and just die. Thats it. This was less than 60-70 years ago.

    The powers that be are elected by us. Its not a dictatorship. This constant parade of us vs them. Oh give it a rest. Some of you all have never lived in a real dictatorship or democratic socialist government society to even argue us vs them. If people really gave shit, join the political party currently in office. One gets to vote on party polices and hold the party by the balls. Mention that to anyone and they start to get emotional and run for the hills. Its the lack of individual ownership in the system that gives the sense of dictatorship and allows the governments to overstep the mark at times.

    The groin protector or vaccine IS for everyone else.
    The idea if you don't get vaccinated you are on your own. I would say its more of a western 'individualism'. Societies in the east don't operate like that. They operate as a group, ever heard the term it takes a village to raise a child? There is a economic impact if a person gets very very sick in a village. He/She is not productive in that economy. There is a cost to the village as a whole in terms of lack economic output, loss of tax revenue, income earned, investment and it puts pressure on the rest of the villagers to care for the person(let alone the family itself). There are many factors involved.
    My parents took me to India in 1986 and 88. That was the peak of Indira and Ranjiv Ghandi's Socialist/marxist polices that ran the country to the ground. There was no healthcare or vaccines. It was horse and cart. Both of them got assassinated in the end. Here in Canada one has food on the table, access to what I consider the best healthcare system in the world(in context of income and taxes). But yet to find the time to pick an argument of us vs them highlights how spoilte we have become in certain societies.

    Sometimes I think there should be a person exchange program. Send someone with such ideas to the state of Uttarpradesh in India for a month or two. Its one of the most poorest states. Let one of those individuals come here. Then when the exchange finishes I wonder once the person returns to Canada will ever see things differently and have a bit more respect for what they have.

  11. #4571
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    @tonytiger55 this is the second time I've seen the slight error in differentiating English Literature and English.
    Your accusation is not about him misquoting Tennyson, Swift, Chaucer or Pope. Your accusation is about reading comprehension and that is the study of English and not the study of English Literature.

    Am I helping to make that distinction more clear?

  12. #4572
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When stupid things like that is posted. It really highlights the standard of education and if anyone paid attention in high school biology and English literature class. Its just shit stirring complete and utter bullshit. Im sorry it just is.

    As for the vaccine itself. I have posted this before. It was not long ago where there not any vaccines. My parents come from a place where children and people used to get sick and just die. Thats it. This was less than 60-70 years ago.

    The powers that be are elected by us. Its not a dictatorship. This constant parade of us vs them. Oh give it a rest. Some of you all have never lived in a real dictatorship or democratic socialist government society to even argue us vs them. If people really gave shit, join the political party currently in office. One gets to vote on party polices and hold the party by the balls. Mention that to anyone and they start to get emotional and run for the hills. Its the lack of individual ownership in the system that gives the sense of dictatorship and allows the governments to overstep the mark at times.

    The groin protector or vaccine IS for everyone else.
    The idea if you don't get vaccinated you are on your own. I would say its more of a western 'individualism'. Societies in the east don't operate like that. They operate as a group, ever heard the term it takes a village to raise a child? There is a economic impact if a person gets very very sick in a village. He/She is not productive in that economy. There is a cost to the village as a whole in terms of lack economic output, loss of tax revenue, income earned, investment and it puts pressure on the rest of the villagers to care for the person(let alone the family itself). There are many factors involved.
    My parents took me to India in 1986 and 88. That was the peak of Indira and Ranjiv Ghandi's Socialist/marxist polices that ran the country to the ground. There was no healthcare or vaccines. It was horse and cart. Both of them got assassinated in the end. Here in Canada one has food on the table, access to what I consider the best healthcare system in the world(in context of income and taxes). But yet to find the time to pick an argument of us vs them highlights how spoilte we have become in certain societies.

    Sometimes I think there should be a person exchange program. Send someone with such ideas to the state of Uttarpradesh in India for a month or two. Its one of the most poorest states. Let one of those individuals come here. Then when the exchange finishes I wonder once the person returns to Canada will ever see things differently and have a bit more respect for what they have.
    I don't know where this misplaced rant is coming from? I never made an us vs them argument. I said the government lies. If you want to deny that is true, then you're lying to yourself. But if you want to go down this unrelated road, let me ask you how many percent of the population voted for this current government regime that is making the rules right now? It's not a trick question, a simple look at the numbers tells you that the collective "we" did not elect these people. And of the people that did elect this regime, how many of them do you think foreseen a pandemic that would lead to their chosen elected officials enacting asinine rules based on lies and science denial?

    You're right about one thing, we don't live in a dictatorship. Which is exactly the point. People have personal autonomy here, so you can't force them to get the vaccine. Therefore we need to operate our society knowing full well that people need to live with the consequence of their actions. Trying to protect them from themselves at the expense of the personal autonomy of the majority is not the moral or sensible way to do that.

  13. #4573
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    --

    On going Perpetual Pandemic, Find out Vaccines aren't Effective due to ADE and Blood Clot Related Issues as the Spike Proteins travel outside of the injection zone into the Circulatory System, Keep Ppl Masked, Keep the Lockdown Going, Push for Never Ending Vaccines and Booster Shots. Why? to Keep the Master Class Happy with $$$ and total control

    Well, there is a solution with Ivermectin and HCQ, and Vitamin D3, C, and Zinc for Prophylaxis and Treatment that is cheap and Effective..However....

    Covid-meme.jpg

  14. #4574
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fatshi supporters are currently begging for more Covid restrictions.

  15. #4575
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know where this misplaced rant is coming from? I never made an us vs them argument. I said the government lies. If you want to deny that is true, then you're lying to yourself. But if you want to go down this unrelated road, let me ask you how many percent of the population voted for this current government regime that is making the rules right now? It's not a trick question, a simple look at the numbers tells you that the collective "we" did not elect these people. And of the people that did elect this regime, how many of them do you think foreseen a pandemic that would lead to their chosen elected officials enacting asinine rules based on lies and science denial?

    You're right about one thing, we don't live in a dictatorship. Which is exactly the point. People have personal autonomy here, so you can't force them to get the vaccine. Therefore we need to operate our society knowing full well that people need to live with the consequence of their actions. Trying to protect them from themselves at the expense of the personal autonomy of the majority is not the moral or sensible way to do that.
    Its not a misplaced rant. Its a direct challenge to look at things from a wider angle with a international scope. When that it done, to me it highlights how ridiculous the argument is. I don't think your point should be shut down. No. I think it should be discussed.

    You are arguing a elected government is telling lies. In the wider context of managing the economy and the factors I have mentioned. I don't think they are. When that is broadened to a international scope. Taking the vaccine does protect others in the context I have mentioned. They may not have used the correct wordings. There is without a doubt the vaccine protects others.

    As for forcing people to take the vaccine. You raised a good point of discussion. Moral and sensible way to do something. Well the rights and freedoms you have are not actually free. Our society in Canada operate within set of rules and freedoms we give up.
    Think if it like a arrogant teenager. You ask him to take out the garbage and empty the dishwasher. It is beneficial to do as the family unit operates more efficiently, instills discipline and allows everyone to have more freedoms. In wider context of ones neighbours and community. It then becomes a strong household and therfore able to deal with wider issues in the community. If the teenager refuses and goes on a rant. You push the parent to force the teenager. You clip/smack him/her around the ear and they are forced to take the dishes and garbage out.
    If one is being forced to take the vaccine. Thats not the government, it is some citizens behaving like a teenager. So when the government looks at this in the context of protecting its citizens, economy and its position within the international community. Then yes, its going to clip the ear and force you to take the vaccine.
    Now could that power be abused? Yes, thats why we have checks and balances. Is the opposition doing enough to keep the government in check? I don't think they are. That comes down to the citizens to create cases and challenge its elected representatives to do better. When was the last time you wrote to your provincial and federal member of parliament? When was the last time you created a evidenced based case? IF they don't take it on. Well now you have a case not to vote for them and convince others not to either.

    As for the argument that we did not elect these people. This is a fantastic discussion. This is more to do with not understanding how our electoral and parliament works.
    We did not elect these people because we operate on a constituency parliamentary system. We don't live in the United States. We do not elect our leaders. We elect our local representatives in a first past the post system. The majority form a government or form alliances when there is a minority.
    If we operated on voting directly by population. Then how would the minority have their voices heard in parliament? How would you have checks and balances to keep the majority in check? What type of system would you prefer to have in place that is better?

    this is the second time I've seen the slight error in differentiating English Literature and English.
    Your accusation is not about him misquoting Tennyson, Swift, Chaucer or Pope. Your accusation is about reading comprehension and that is the study of English and not the study of English Literature.

    Am I helping to make that distinction more clear?
    @ThePenIsMightier This is a very good question. Its a yes/no answer. But this made me think.
    I think it comes down to how we were taught English at school. There might be differences. Note this is going back to the early 90's and a lot has changed since then. (FYI My English is from the UK).

    I will explain why I used the term English literature.
    When we studied English literature(I feel old now), it was reading comprehension (and understanding in crazy detail) the needs, motives and manipulation etc. So when we studied Macbeth, we covered pages in crazy detail. My teacher had a white board and we would go over what a character says, what is he/she trying to do, its implications, needs, motives, we would question it, how does it fit into the wider context, the manipulation. What is really going on?
    Now when I went to English class, we did not do this. That class was understanding puns etc. In history class we studied world war one and two and the buildup to the wars. When it came to looking at propaganda and understanding the manipulation. We used our questioning from English Literature class not from our English class. There was a crossover in English class in the early years I think. The school studied works 'Of Mice and Men' and 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell. Questioning was done in that too. I think the questioning became more structured, hardened and detailed in the Literature class and not the English class.

    So when I looked at the tweet about the viral load being the same. I am using what I learned in English Literature class. The person who wrote the tweet is manipulating. So like in my English Literature class and Macbeth. I would ask, why would the viral load not be the same..? What is the intention of the person writing the tweet, his motives, his needs, who is he manipulating, what is the outcome he is seeking..?

    In highchool we took two exams, English and English Literature. A year later, I went to college and along side my major I took a evening class and I re-did my English. There was no English Literature class anyone. It was just English. One exam.
    It might have been reintroduced (someone else can chime in) I don't know.
    In reflection now that I think about it. English Class was about our output, what we create. English Literature was about input, making sense, questioning, challenging of the literature to understand it.
    Thats why I used the term English Literature. But I stand corrected if the term English is to be used instead.

  16. #4576
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    ^Well, there you go! Possibly coming down to a UK English schooling thing. Interesting!

  17. #4577
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,621
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will explain why I used the term English literature.
    When we studied English literature(I feel old now), it was reading comprehension (and understanding in crazy detail) the needs, motives and manipulation etc. So when we studied Macbeth, we covered pages in crazy detail. My teacher had a white board and we would go over what a character says, what is he/she trying to do, its implications, needs, motives, we would question it, how does it fit into the wider context, the manipulation. What is really going on?
    All I remembered from Macbeth is the movie's lack of pedo tits from Romeo and Juliet from previous grade.

    And sounds like data from outbreak in MA (64% DP'd) is the reason CDC putting mask recommendation back on?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-30-2021 at 10:11 PM.

  18. #4578
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    74% of Covid Cases from Massachusetts Outbreak were Fully Vaccinated
    --->https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...s-july-30-2021

    Well, It's not like Ignored and Censored Doctors Didn't Warn of this. Months ago, Dr Geert Vanden Bossche and Dr. Hooman Noorchashm, sounded the alarm regarding potential harmful heath issues from the Experimental Jab

    -Dr. Vanden Bossche is a vaccine research specialist, who has worked on vaccine discovery and preclinical research

    -he had sent a paper to the WHO making a case to stop mass vaccinating ppl for Covid19

    -"I am extremely concerned about the impact current Covid19 vaccines will have when increasingly deployed in mass vaccination campaigns in the heat of a pandemic"

    -"The more we use these vaccines for immunizing people in the midst of a pandemic, the more infectious the virus will become"

    -ďOne could only think of very few other strategies to achieve the same level of efficiency in turning a relatively harmless virus into a bioweapon of mass destruction", he warned


  19. #4579
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,861
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Got my second dose three days ago and have been in a state of flux of feeling moderately decent and then utter exhaustion and super high fever. Lots of body aches, overall weakness, headaches. I haven't felt this bad in a really, really long time. On the upswing I think, well fingers crossed.
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 219 228 229

Similar Threads

  1. H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

    By barmanjay in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 674
    Latest Threads: 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
  2. Will you take the COVID vaccine?

    By sabad66 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 84
    Latest Threads: 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM
  3. H1N1 Vaccine???

    By ekguy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. Shot/Vaccine History? (Tetanus Shot)

    By Joe-G in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
  5. MMR Vaccine / Autism Link a Lie from the start?

    By hampstor in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •