Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 216 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 216 of 365 FirstFirst ... 206 215 216 217 226 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The two factual errors:

1. Getting the flu is super rare. Wrong.
    2. There is no guarantee you get flu symptoms with the vaccine

Error of equivalence:

1. Comparing flu vaccine reactions to getting sick with the flu.
    1. Anecdotal, but I believe I've only had it once in the last 10 years and I don't know anyone else who has frequently come down with it. I think it's pretty "rare" but what are we saying is rare. Are you suggesting that infections without significant symptoms are far more common than we realize?
    2. Duh. It's probably >90% chance of no reactions. >95% maybe.
    Other 1. They literally describe the reactions as "flu-like symptoms" and they can last a few days which is essentially like the flu. Except I'd doubt there is any chance of long term damage or other side effects like you might see with influenza.

To be ultra clear - I get vaccinated, so I'm certainly not arguing against it. I'm a part of society and I need to contribute regardless of my personal low risk situation.

I have been getting flu shots for basically two decades now. In that I had a reaction once. Lasted one night.

I’ve had the flu three times. All three were extraordinary terrible experiences.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think calling the seasonal flu a “rare” disease is an objectively losing argument.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Got my second on Thursday (Pfizer). Much better reaction than the AZ dose #1 that knocked me on my ass for 24h. Just a sore arm and feeling foggy/tired.

I'm glad I just booked online at the Sobeys pharmacy for both mine though. These stories from you guys and friends waiting for hours at the AHS line not very appealing... Show up at 3 - Get poked - Go have a nap, lol. Pharmacists really suck at giving needles compared to nurses though I've found.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    Pharmacists really suck at giving needles compared to nurses though I've found.
    Yeah, no kidding.

My SO got poked twice because the pharmacist didn't put anything in the first needle

My Ride
    Axis powers

Other than a slightly sore arm, I’m alright today, first dose I was tired af and felt like garbage
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Yeah, no kidding.

My SO got poked twice because the pharmacist didn't put anything in the first needle
    Eek. Air embolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Got word from family doc that there will be no Pfizer for 18+ in the coming weeks. All Pfizer are reserved for 12-17.

Moderna only for 2nd shot.
    My wife and I went on Thursday afternoon we only had the choice of Moderna or AZ. Only the nurse tells you, probably so you don't leave if you have a brand preference!

Got my second on Thursday (Pfizer). Much better reaction than the AZ dose #1 that knocked me on my ass for 24h. Just a sore arm and feeling foggy/tired.
    Same here (but Moderna)! Much better that the first!

I'm glad I just booked online at the Sobeys pharmacy for both mine though. These stories from you guys and friends waiting for hours at the AHS line not very appealing... Show up at 3 - Get poked - Go have a nap, lol. Pharmacists really suck at giving needles compared to nurses though I've found.
    No lines at the Expo center when we went. Seemed a little dead this time no rush of people coming in after like the first time.
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Eek. Air embolism.
    How?
    It doesn't go into your bloodstream.

Yeah but I get to write air embolism.

Too small amount of air to do anything anyhow.

The two factual errors:

1. Getting the flu is super rare. Wrong.
    2. There is no guarantee you get flu symptoms with the vaccine

Error of equivalence:

1. Comparing flu vaccine reactions to getting sick with the flu.
    1. 2:39 odds. That's pretty rare.
    2. Nothing is guaranteed, but it's pretty god damn common.

Error of equivalence. Another assumption of yours that is incorrect, and no error was made on my part.

So you're 0 for 3 here. It's not looking great.

It's interesting how we agree on virtually everything due to the fact we both address things from a very logic and data focused mind frame. But when vaccines or covid come up your logic node switches off in your brain and you turn into a total emotionally driven Liberal for some reason. There's the big error of equivalency you keep bringing up, is you still believe you're acting from a place of logic in these subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Eek. Air embolism.
    If they're injecting full syringes of air directly into veins, the health care system is at a low point in quality well beyond anything I could imagine.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    1. 2:39 odds. That's pretty rare.
    2. Nothing is guaranteed, but it's pretty god damn common.

Error of equivalence. Another assumption of yours that is incorrect, and no error was made on my part.

So you're 0 for 3 here. It's not looking great.

It's interesting how we agree on virtually everything due to the fact we both address things from a very logic and data focused mind frame. But when vaccines or covid come up your logic node switches off in your brain and you turn into a total emotionally driven Liberal for some reason. There's the big error of equivalency you keep bringing up, is you still believe you're acting from a place of logic in these subjects.
    You weren't taking about covid. You were talking about influenza.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think calling the seasonal flu a “rare” disease is an objectively losing argument.
    I'm confused because I don't recall saying influenza was rare in the first place. It almost appears like Buster replied to my response when he intended to reply to Misterman which is extra funny because my post was intended to counter Misterman's post.

The "rare" goalposts need some definition, I guess. Personally, I'd consider the "Common Cold" to be a rampant and extremely common infection whereas I'd consider Influenza to be far more rare. In saying that, I'm certainly not denying that many many people are recordably stricken by it, every year; but, is that percentage enough to say it's "not rare". And then, like I mentioned before, there's the complexity of light or asymptomatic cases which cloud the data.

You weren't taking about covid. You were talking about influenza.
    That's right, start with an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm confused because I don't recall saying influenza was rare in the first place. It almost appears like Buster replied to my response when he intended to reply to Misterman which is extra funny because my post was intended to counter Misterman's post.

The "rare" goalposts need some definition, I guess. Personally, I'd consider the "Common Cold" to be a rampant and extremely common infection whereas I'd consider Influenza to be far more rare. In saying that, I'm certainly not denying that many many people are recordably stricken by it, every year; but, is that percentage enough to say it's "not rare". And then, like I mentioned before, there's the complexity of light or asymptomatic cases which cloud the data.
    Well you need some context around the term "Rare" to mean anything. It's subjective either way, but if Buster wants to just blanket term the entire population of unwashed masses, then by comparison the flu is much less rare than it is for myself personally like in regards to my post. I shower regularly and wash my hands after taking a shit, so my likelihood of getting the flu is extremely low. My own chances of getting the flu are not very reflective of the entire populations flu rates, because your chances of getting the flu depend on pretty heavily on your personal hygiene standards.

Endless Fear Mongering...

WHO Urges Vaccinated to Still Continue to Wear Masks
    ---> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/delt...t-spreads.html

However, this French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier contends that “it is the vaccination that is creating the variants.”
    - in April of last year, Prof. Montagnier presented a powerful case that the coronavirus was created in a lab. Whoopsies. Guess this should have been investigated all back a year ago instead of discrediting the theory for political reasons

Vaccines are creating the Variants

-Prof. Montagnier referred to the vaccine program for the coronavirus as an “unacceptable mistake”. Mass vaccinations are a “scientific error as well as a medical error,” he said. “It is an unacceptable mistake. The history books will show that, because it is the vaccination that is creating the variants,” Prof. Luc Montagnier continued.

-The prominent virologist explained that “there are antibodies, created by the vaccine,” forcing the virus to “find another solution” or die. This is where the variants are created. It is the variants that “are a production and result from the vaccination.”

-Prof. Montagnier said that epidemiologists know but are “silent” about the phenomenon, known as “Antibody-Dependent Enhancement” (ADE). In the articles that mention ADE, the concerns expressed by Prof. Montagnier are dismissed.

If we look at the curve from the WHO, since the vaccinations started in January, the curve showing new infections (contamination) has exploded, along with deaths…Notably among young people.

—Yes. With thromboses, etc.

How do you view the mass vaccination program? Mass vaccination compared to treatments that work and aren’t expensive.

—It’s an enormous mistake, isn’t it? A scientific error as well as a medical error. It is an unacceptable mistake. The history books will show that, because it is the vaccination that is creating the variants.

—For the China virus, there are antibodies, created by the vaccine. What does the virus do? Does it die or find another solution?

—The new variants are a production and result from the vaccination. You see it in each country, it’s the same: the curve of vaccination is followed by the curve of deaths.

—I’m following this closely and I am doing experiments at the Institute with patients who became sick with Corona after being vaccinated. I will show you that they are creating the variants that are resistant to the vaccine.

Should we be vaccinating during a pandemic?

—It’s unthinkable.

—They’re silent… many people know this, epidemiologists know it.

—It is the antibodies produced by the virus that enable an infection to become stronger.

—It’s what we call Antibody Dependent Enhancement, which means antibodies favor a certain infection. The antibody attaches to the virus, from that moment it has the receptors, the antibodies, we have them in the macrophage etc.

—It pokes the virus and not accidentally, but because of the fact that they’re linked to the antibodies.

—It is clear that the new variants are created by antibody-mediated selection due to the vaccination. OK?

https://odysee.com/@ludovicgarcia750...ns:1?src=embed
    Last edited by SportEL; 06-29-2021 at 12:32 AM.

Everyone acting like a healthy immune system can't fight off the flu in most cases...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

3/4 in the house are now fully vaccinated. the youngest one only has her first dose, waiting to get her second as soon as it opens up for her.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 216 of 365 FirstFirst ... 206 215 216 217 226 ... LastLast