Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 231 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 231 of 365 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t care whether people are vaccinated or not specifically. More alarming is what it says about them that they aren’t.
    This right here. my father in law developed vaccines for a living when he ran the lab in winnipeg. Yes i am talking about the only level 5 in Canada. What I always find strange is these people that are worried about whats in vaccines are not exactly the organic beacons of health types...

@tirebob
    Interesting. I believe one side effect I have is easy bruising. I carry a heavy box with edges pushing into my arm and boom, next day a bruise.
    Not painful but visible.
    Has happened a few times. To the point I can cause a bruise with lifting weights. Have had some torso bruising or on legs but not sure how those happened.
    I have gone to doc to get blood work. I'll let everyone know if it's something obvious in there like low iron and not vaccine related.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

@tirebob

You should've read the patch notes. The 5g upgrade improved coverage by converting every tattoo into a micro antenna. The swelling was the magnetic fibers reorienting your DNA to make you a walking antenna. In a couple weeks you'll see a Shaw Open logo appear on your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    @tirebob

You should've read the patch notes. The 5g upgrade improved coverage by converting every tattoo into a micro antenna. The swelling was the magnetic fibers reorienting your DNA to make you a walking antenna. In a couple weeks you'll see a Shaw Open logo appear on your ass.
    Hahaha! I wonder if will actually say Rogers now?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    It's not about following the "norm", nor is it about his opinion. The norm is the norm because we have vaccines available to fight a deadly virus and most people were smart enough to take it. It isn't about following the public, but instead following the advice of a multi billion dollar medical entity who employs doctors far more intelligent than you or I, who spent their lifetimes learning disease.
    I particularly enjoy listening to the people I grew up with who struggled to pass Science 23 question the knowledge of those who spent, essentially, half their lives studying (and excelling mostly) in this field.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I particularly enjoy listening to the people I grew up with who struggled to pass Science 23 question the knowledge of those who spent, essentially, half their lives studying (and excelling mostly) in this field.
    That's the part that really gets me. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions in our free country. But to discount what these scientists and doctors (almost) collectively advising and instead follow the teachings of random internet sources seems ludicrous to me. Especially when they come across as so smug in their position.

Normally, opinions are individual and don't affect others much, so, all the power. But when it comes to something as significant as a pandemic with repercussions to the lives and livelihood of others, that's where it changes from an errant opinion to a detriment to the public well-being, and it can no longer be ignored.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of the restrictions. I'm tired of the masks. I'm tired of not seeing family and friends. I'm tired of having to stay away from work because I have a sniffle. I'm tired of hearing from multiple people who continue to get their "elective" surgeries put off. I'm tired of seeing people lose their jobs and their businesses because of a select group who refuse to apply logic and reason. And now that almost all the public who wanted the vaccine has gotten it, we are at the point whereby these things are only going to be deemed necessary as a direct result of what the anti-vaxxers are preaching and following. Yes, Alberta has opened up which is great - but give the 4th wave a other month to fester and we may he right back in it thanks to these individuals who drive up the hospitalization rates.

Yay.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of the restrictions. I'm tired of the masks. I'm tired of not seeing family and friends. I'm tired of having to stay away from work because I have a sniffle. I'm tired of hearing from multiple people who continue to get their "elective" surgeries put off. I'm tired of seeing people lose their jobs and their businesses because of a select group who refuse to apply logic and reason. And now that almost all the public who wanted the vaccine has gotten it, we are at the point whereby these things are only going to be deemed necessary as a direct result of what the anti-vaxxers are preaching and following. Yes, Alberta has opened up which is great - but give the 4th wave a other month to fester and we may he right back in it thanks to these individuals who drive up the hospitalization rates.

Yay.
    Your hypothetical blame though, is wholly and entirely misplaced. If anyone falls victim to any of that in the future that fault lies entirely upon the Government as none of these measures are or will be necessary.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

People have no care of duty responsibilty to look after your best interests (generally speaking). So if they aren't directly assaulting/murdering you, take this "greater good" garbage back to Cuba/China/Russia

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    On an interesting side note, I have had a possible small vaccine reaction that I had never heard about. I notice within a day of getting my second vaccination that all my tattoo's started swelling and getting incredibly itchy and painful. I didn't think to much of it because anyone who has tattoos has experienced mild versions of this, especially with fresher tattoos, but I have had tattoos going back 35 years and never has it been like this. After talking with a local doctor of internal medicine he did in fact confirm it is likely from the vaccine reacting with the antibodies my body has already created to do with the inks in my system over the years. He asked if I noticed any one colour reacting more than another and in fact the black was reacting more than any other colour. If it was constant or if it flares up multiple times etc (which is does throughout the day), is there and actual rash (no) etc etc.

Again I should point out there is no 100% tested confirmation this was why it was happening, but the way it all is happening and the discussion with the doctor does lead me to believe it is quite reasonable to assume it as such. He said it should start calming down as time goes on and it has. Not completely yet but much less so than the first few weeks.

By no means should this deter anyone as it isn't something dangerous or debilitating more than simply irritating, but I thought it was interesting and worth mentioning anecdotally.
    that's super interesting.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

snip

I'm tired of having to stay away from work because I have a sniffle.
    If there is one benefit to this whole cluster it will be that going forward it will be taboo to head to work, grocery, public in general when you are "sniffling" and sick. Keep ur germs at home bro.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    If there is one benefit to this whole cluster it will be that going forward it will be taboo to head to work, grocery, public in general when you are "sniffling" and sick. Keep ur germs at home bro.
    See how that goes for the majority of people who don’t have sick benefits. Could always just wear a mask if you have sniffles?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    See how that goes for the majority of people who don’t have sick benefits. Could always just wear a mask if you have sniffles?
    Not at my work. They are paranoid about someone spreading a cold, since the symptoms are similar to covid, and nobody with covid can come to work. Sure, a test rules it out but that process takes a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

People have no care of duty responsibilty to look after your best interests (generally speaking). So if they aren't directly assaulting/murdering you, take this "greater good" garbage back to Cuba/China/Russia
    Interesting. So from your perspective, living in a "free country" means you do what you want even if it costs lives and careers? As long as it isn't outright "murder" in the judicial sense. Let me ask you then: Do you also support drinking and driving? Abolishing of safety standards and building codes? Elimination of speed limits? Defunding of hospitals? Elimination of the police? Waitasec... you aren't a Free Mason, are you?

Fact is, in our society, there IS a duty of responsibility. Unless your are taking the perspective of JRS which is that the government DID what they could to help but now the limiting factor is the anti-vaxxers, in which case I'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Your hypothetical blame though, is wholly and entirely misplaced. If anyone falls victim to any of that in the future that fault lies entirely upon the Government as none of these measures are or will be necessary.
    Can you explain this position further? Generally speaking (with some exceptions) governments get their recommendations from medical professionals and the CDC. So are you placing fault in 99% of the world governments for following this advice, or....?
    Last edited by Kloubek; 08-05-2021 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Can you explain this position further? Generally speaking (with some exceptions) governments get their recommendations from medical professionals and the CDC. So are you placing fault in 99% of the world governments for following this advice, or....?
    Yes, if they continue to try and create mask mandates and/or lockdowns after any and everyone who wants a vaccine has had one then the Gov't is failing you.

If you, or anyone, want to start living in a constant state of waiting for the next vaccine and/or continued lockdowns of society because "variant" you're out of your minds.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-05-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Yes, if they continue to try and create mask mandates and/or lockdowns after any and everyone who wants a vaccine has had one then the Gov't is failing you.

If you, or anyone, want to start living in a constant state of waiting for the next vaccine because "variant" and/or lockdowns of society you're out of your minds.
    Forget about losing weight, quitting bad habits (smokes, excessive drinking, etc.), reducing stress, getting adequate sleep, eating healthy, supplementing intelligently, and getting your body in shape. The public doesn't care if you neglect all that. But neglect the vaccine, you're an asshole!!!

It's now becoming clear that the current products on the market are non-sterilizing vaccines. This has the potential to accelerate escape mutants. This isn't some fringe theory - there's a reason coronavirus vaccines have never been successful, historically speaking. They've all caused ADE. Vaccinating during a pandemic, with a product that doesn't prevent infection and transmission, is going to force the variants which can bypass the vaccine to spread. We are seeing this in real time.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...d-19-vaccine-/

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...whi-story.html

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

If you, or anyone, want to start living in a constant state of waiting for the next vaccine and/or continued lockdowns of society because "variant" you're out of your minds.
    Ah.... I misunderstood the post. I think we are on the same page. (A relative rareity). Their excuse would be the same reasoning- limit hospitalizations and reduce deaths.

But I agree. ... eventually, we just have to bite the bullet. Some questioned if the negative effects outweighed the benefits even before vaccinations, which I disputed. But now that vaccines have rolled out, I'm also happy to let the chips fall where they may.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Ah.... I misunderstood the post. I think we are on the same page. (A relative rareity). Their excuse would be the same reasoning- limit hospitalizations and reduce deaths.

But I agree. ... eventually, we just have to bite the bullet. Some questioned if the negative effects outweighed the benefits even before vaccinations, which I disputed. But now that vaccines have rolled out, I'm also happy to let the chips fall where they may.
    Ultimately, the restrictions did what they were meant to do, which was to keep hospitalizations down to a manageable level until a vaccine could be developed/approved/distributed. While I'm generally okay with most of the openings, I think the lifting of isolation requirements and whatever's left of the restrictions may be a little premature.

Vaccination numbers are respectable. Positive cases are up, but hospitalization and ICU numbers remain low-ish. Somebody, somewhere had to take the risk of holding a large event (Texas among them) and the Stampede sat in a pretty convenient timeslot to try it out. Somebody had to take the shot and, frankly, I'm glad we did. There are few events in the world where something becomes such a big part of a city's cultural zeitgeist for an extended period of time like the Stampede. I think people needed the Stampede, if not for just a morale boosting indicator that things are reaching a state of normalcy.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

. But now that vaccines have rolled out, I'm also happy to let the chips fall where they may.
    Pretty much all we can do, and it sucks for those who want the vaccine but can't get it. However I'm not willing to spend 10 years in a Covid bubble while they figure out if it's safe for the thousands of different immunocompromised types.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Pretty much all we can do, and it sucks for those who want the vaccine but can't get it. However I'm not willing to spend 10 years in a Covid bubble while they figure out if it's safe for the thousands of different immunocompromised types.
    Yeah, I hear you. I have a woman at my work who is compromised and has literally been unable to be close to anyone since covid started. She just came back and wears a mask all day, for what little good that might do for her. I guess even she realized that she can't just stall her life forever. Best I can do is tell my staff to be respectful and not get close, but I imagine life for her has been and continues to be pretty uncertain.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I thought the protocol was to put those people in the bubbles?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a buddy who thinks this virus is an excellent method of culling the herd and improving the breeding stock of humanity.

I personally just think old people dying is good for young people, but this virus has been brutally inefficient at killing old people in countries that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 231 of 365 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast