Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 69 of 365 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Edit: Ironically BC listed 49k vaccines today then it got shifted to 39k so updating my post ... why is it so hard for them to track things, sheesh.

In non shitting on Alberta news, UK's 7 day average is 0.5 doses per 100 people per day and Canada's is now 0.49 ... so we are now pacing the UK (They seem to be declining, not sure if supply issues or just hesitancy for people to get the vaccine). Canada has been steadily picking up its pace pretty quickly.
    BC's reporting schedule has been really weird. Not reporting on weekends (Sundays?) then kind of including some but not all then shifting them around as places report in later.

The UK is facing their delivery shortage now, problems with the India facility that's caused ripple effects everywhere, but they knew it was coming from back in March.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

BC posted 39k vaccinations today meanwhile Alberta flopped with just 24k vaccinations ... Looking more and more like Alberta doesn't have much of a rollout plan.

Edit: Ironically BC listed 49k vaccines today then it got shifted to 39k so updating my post ... why is it so hard for them to track things, sheesh.

In non shitting on Alberta news, UK's 7 day average is 0.5 doses per 100 people per day and Canada's is now 0.49 ... so we are now pacing the UK (They seem to be declining, not sure if supply issues or just hesitancy for people to get the vaccine). Canada has been steadily picking up its pace pretty quickly.
    I generally have very little faith in government to get numbers right. But so long as inventory is disappearing, and quickly I’m happy.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    But we still have hundreds? or thousands? of competent healthcare workers doing the now completely valueless task of Contact Tracing where in as little as 8 short days, they can tell you who you know that should've been isolating.
    Should've been isolating 8 fucking days ago...
    Do you really want to take someone phoning people to record their contact info to be the one stabbing you with a needle? Hate to tell you but those are different job requirements. Retraining all the contact tracers to work at vaccine sites would be really stupid waste of resources versus just getting qualified people to work at the vaccine sites.

Edit: unless you want them to be recording peoples health information ... but I doubt they are trained to know what different conditions / medications may cause issues. I guess they could be the clipboard pushers for check in.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 04-08-2021 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Another 120,000 slated for next week, 250,000 the week after that, and then 120,000 again. So 450K doses now, another 490K slated to come by the start of May. They're still insisting we'll see a J&J delivery by the end of April as well.

Need to get to 50,000 doses a day and stay there to keep up.
    The other part of the story that's not on that tracker graph is how the numbers are split. It's roughly 50/50 for Az vs Moderna+Pfizer. The ramp up is mostly coming from AZ, which has a very limited audience today (55-64 only). So I can see a bigger gap develop between delivered vs administered. You're not going to get that many jabs in that small age range.

That said, all provinces are suffering from that problem.

BC posted 39k vaccinations today meanwhile Alberta flopped with just 24k vaccinations ... Looking more and more like Alberta doesn't have much of a rollout plan.
    100% we need to open up bookings. People in 2B are not booking at a good enough rate. You can book appointments within 48 hours easily still.

Do your part, pretend to be 2B and book a jab haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm hearing of 18/19, and early 20's people getting vaccinated without any medical conditions for 2B by simply showing up to the pharmacy, not even calling

But I also hear of pharmacies flat out refusing anyone that doesn't meet the criteria, so I'm curious what happens to those unused doses
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    I'm hearing of 18/19, and early 20's people getting vaccinated without any medical conditions for 2B by simply showing up to the pharmacy, not even calling

But I also hear of pharmacies flat out refusing anyone that doesn't meet the criteria, so I'm curious what happens to those unused doses
    Pfizer is 6 doses per vial and it's 30 minutes to defrost a vial from the fridge. So there shouldn't be a significant amount of unused doses by appointment cancellations as they'd just defrost one vial at a time while they use one.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are lying about their 2b eligibility then telling friends they got it by just showing up and grabbing a unused one. Easy to 'feel good' about jumping the queue.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Pfizer is 6 doses per vial and it's 30 minutes to defrost a vial from the fridge. So there shouldn't be a significant amount of unused doses by appointment cancellations as they'd just defrost one vial at a time while they use one.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are lying about their 2b eligibility then telling friends they got it by just showing up and grabbing a unused one. Easy to 'feel good' about jumping the queue.
    There's a second expiry date for Pfizer, from the time it's packed from the deep freeze facilities, there's a 5 day fridge life where it needs to be diluted. Once it's diluted, you have 6 hours for that vial.

Pharmacies that aren't giving it to everyone most likely don't have Pfizer, or have enough appointments booked. That 5 day expiry makes things kinda crazy on the last day when they are literally giving everyone jabs.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Do you really want to take someone phoning people to record their contact info to be the one stabbing you with a needle? Hate to tell you but those are different job requirements. Retraining all the contact tracers to work at vaccine sites would be really stupid waste of resources versus just getting qualified people to work at the vaccine sites.

Edit: unless you want them to be recording peoples health information ... but I doubt they are trained to know what different conditions / medications may cause issues. I guess they could be the clipboard pushers for check in.
    I know at least three Registered Nurses currently performing Contact Tracing. Literally.

It happened lots last weekend. I think AHS told pharmacies this week that they couldn't give the leftover vaccine people to people outside of the current allowed groups. So if it was group 2B down to 55, you could give it to somebody younger, but couldn't give it to somebody completely outside of the group. Are the pharmacies adhering to that? Who knows.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I know at least three Registered Nurses currently performing Contact Tracing. Literally.
    Isn’t there some kind of sait nurse who could do that?

Or maybe a CERB recipient.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-08-2021 at 06:14 PM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Jabs in arms is all that matters. No doses wasted. Not groupings or prioritizations.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just heard on CBC radio while I was driving. Zero demand for AZ in Saskatchewan. People are clearly shopping their vaccines.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

No one wants some blood clots, I wouldn't take AZ if offered to me today.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    No one wants some blood clots, I wouldn't take AZ if offered to me today.
    Not the best appreciation of statistics here.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So hand out some aspirin with the AZ.

BOOM DOCTORED

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Baby asprin
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Isn’t there some kind of sait nurse who could do that?

Or maybe a CERB recipient.
    For sure. It's retawded.
    I'm not the one who appointed them to this idiocracy.

I think it was kert who pointed out that relying on that gov AB dashboard for doses a day is Wack. That chart is completely broken, they keep going back on time and adding and removing doses it’s a mess.

Example. Up until a couple days ago all the AZ doses just disappeared off the chart, week before that the moderna doses were fucked.

I guess my point being is it seems they are dosing more than that chart let’s on. So my guess is we are North of 27k/day right now.

Bizarre
    I thought Hinshaw just said in one of her tweets the other day that we were doing 45k per day. Or maybe it was that we hit that one day?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Dunno. I just know the chart doesn’t work.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Not the best appreciation of statistics here.
    As rare as it might be, I actually know someone directly that had a blood clot in their arm from that vaccine. Not hard to see why people worry about this stuff when they make every other decision in their life based on anecdotes. Most people don't understand simple economics like not spending more than you make, so expecting them to sift through the BS of Covid data to determine what is safe and what is not, probably isn't realistic.

Page 69 of 365 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast