Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 130 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 130 of 365 FirstFirst ... 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    idk if this has been discussed, but I booked via AHS, and when I attempt to update my booking (looking for a diff time slot) I can't click the edit button, it's greyed out. I can only click the edit button on location. Any tips? Or is that possibly because all slots are full?
    Slots are full. This was happening last night, but a bunch more opened this morning. Just keep refreshing

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

idk if this has been discussed, but I booked via AHS, and when I attempt to update my booking (looking for a diff time slot) I can't click the edit button, it's greyed out. I can only click the edit button on location. Any tips? Or is that possibly because all slots are full?
    Edit never worked.

Book another one, cancel the original.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Murica

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Axis powers

The nurse who gave me mine yesterday said to try booking my 2nd shot in June, even Pfizer says that they don't approve the 3-4 month wait and it really should be within 28 days
    That being said, I'm feeling shitty today
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    The nurse who gave me mine yesterday said to try booking my 2nd shot in June, even Pfizer says that they don't approve the 3-4 month wait and it really should be within 28 days
    Dont listen to nurses. Just a good policy.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Dont listen to nurses. Just a good policy.
    But seriously, what is the real information on the huge wait? I thought it was consensus the manufacturers don't recommend what the gov't is doing but I could be wrong and I also don't understand the real world impact.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by cloud7 View Post
    I booked an appointment about 3 weeks from now at Genesis Centre. I would much prefer to get the shot at a pharmacy closer to home but it seems AHS is hogging the vaccines for its vaccination sites. My elderly parent had her vaccination cancelled this week due to vaccine supply issues.
    Call shoppers or superstore directly, either Sunday before it opens up to 12+ or next Wed/Thurs. They get their new pfizer shipments on Wed/Thurs so they often open up more appointments based on what they receive.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Pfizer has every interest in getting as many shots into arms as possible and they have to stick to their trial data for liability reasons which is why they will always only say 28 days. So far there hasn't been any data showing a lower efficacy for extending the interval between doses and with most places talking about needing a booster anyways its rather moot. If a booster after a year works, why wouldnt the 2nd dose after 2-4 months work? There's a equal chance that a longer interval actually leads to better efficacy as it does to a lower efficacy. Currently there's no data to suggest one way or another.

Also Canada has enough vaccines coming that mid-June it'll open to 2nd doses and by end of July almost anyone that wants it will have both doses. So anyone getting a shot now will wait ~2 months at most between them.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 05-07-2021 at 10:28 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    But seriously, what is the real information on the huge wait? I thought it was consensus the manufacturers don't recommend what the gov't is doing but I could be wrong and I also don't understand the real world impact.
    The real information is the government who is distributing the vaccines has decided that getting more people a first shot at significant but reduced efficacy is more important than fully vaccinating people to increase efficacy in a reduced cross section of the population.

fact.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

are you modifying the location first? If there's no openings available for whichever location you have selected the edit day/time button won't be available

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Short answer: we don't know.

The manufacturers have to say what they say. Literally. They have to just repeat what was approved.

The two does regimen came from a desire to move through the trials as quickly as possible. We needed to get a vaccine out. Unfortunately, we don't have any trial data on the implications of lengthening the time between prime and boost. The closest we have is the rather crappy studies that AZ did accidentally showing an efficacy benefit with a longer wait. So we are left with immunology based guesses. Right now the guesses are leaning towards the efficacy not being impacted much, if at all, by the wait. Three weeks is pushing the limit on the "too soon" end. Four weeks probably is still.

On the other hand, we are seeing real-world efficacy data for a single shot, which is actually as good or better than the trials.

Walmart told me they will not be contacting for 2nd shot. You have to start looking 90-120 days after your first dose.

Don't really feel anything today after my first shot last night so should be good to go.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Call shoppers or superstore directly, either Sunday before it opens up to 12+ or next Wed/Thurs. They get their new pfizer shipments on Wed/Thurs so they often open up more appointments based on what they receive.

Pfizer has every interest in getting as many shots into arms as possible and they have to stick to their trial data for liability reasons which is why they will always only say 28 days. So far there hasn't been any data showing a lower efficacy for extending the interval between doses and with most places talking about needing a booster anyways its rather moot. If a booster after a year works, why wouldnt the 2nd dose after 2-4 months work? There's a equal chance that a longer interval actually leads to better efficacy as it does to a lower efficacy. Currently there's no data to suggest one way or another.

Also Canada has enough vaccines coming that mid-June it'll open to 2nd doses and by end of July almost anyone that wants it will have both doses. So anyone getting a shot now will wait ~2 months at most between them.
    When you first get the flu shot in your life, it's 2 doses then one every year, this is a similar approach
    Do I trust the manufacturer who did the testing over a government who wants to get it into as many people as possible, yes I do, but I also understand the government view and agree with it as well, I'm not complaining about it, just simply repeating what the nurse had stated
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Meh, 2000 truckers crossing into US will be offered a shot in MT.

I would be surprised if truckers crossing into US hasn't got a shot somewhere in US already if they want one.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Meh, 2000 truckers crossing into US will be offered a shot in MT.

I would be surprised if truckers crossing into US hasn't got a shot somewhere in US already if they want one.
    YouTube title was click bait

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Pfizer this morning at the Telus center. in and out within 30 mins. fairly efficient in my opinion.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

God damn was my arm sore last night. Better today but trying to get to sleep last night was brutal.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    My Russian colleague said some Russians are heading back to Russia for Vlad's cash for jab scheme.

Vaccine uptake of Sputnik in Russia has been poor.
    I am not surprised. I watch a lot of car shows on YouTube out of Russia....it looks like there is no covid there haha. Everyone hugging, hand shakes, no masks etc, most people don't care. I think Russians are generally anti-vaxx, at least my parents are for sure, so I can see this. They don't trust the government. My dad has 0 interest in getting vaccine, and my mom is only getting it because I told her she can't hug me until she gets it haha. She also likes to travel, sometimes by herself, so inevitable there will be some travel passport thing. My parents never got any flu shots ever, and said the only vaccines they got were when they were kids like chickenpox and stuff, and never anything again, and they have been fine, so they don't see the point. That's just their mentality on it, I'm all for the vaccine, super pumped for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    200 rubles for a jab if you’re over 60. That’s like $15 Canadian pesos. I mean if they want to make a trip out of it and see their families or something then yeah but I can’t see how that would make sense to travel there just to get a shot
    200 rubbles is like $3 CAD by the way. Pensioners in Russia get like $100-$200 per months, $3 isn't much but it's better than nothing. Things in Russia area also cheap, so for 200 you can get basic bread (~30 rubles), some milk (~50 rubles), etc, so it's still something for them. When I visited a few years back, you can basically ball out on a pretty small budget if you just do grocery shopping and normal activities, but there are expensive restaurants and such as well. Went to White Rabbit in Moscow....it was $200USD per head pre-pay system...it was 4 of us....we went over by like $90...basically $1000 USD for dinner for 4 haha.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    God damn was my arm sore last night. Better today but trying to get to sleep last night was brutal.
    I found the flu shot sore arm so much worse, couldn’t move it the following day, this one is ok, however I’m currently dealing with 5/7 side effects as listed on the sheet
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I want the Sinovac one.

Page 130 of 365 FirstFirst ... 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast