Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 39 of 365 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are using "rushed" in the pejorative sense. Which is nonsense. They assume that time has been the limiting step for other vaccine development. It isn't. Money is.

We now know that with unlimited resources, a vaccine can be developed and properly tested in 10 months.
    Exactly! When money is involved, shit can get done quickly and efficiently.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I hope like hell they require mandatory vaccine proof in order to leave or enter our country.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I hope like hell they require mandatory vaccine proof in order to leave or enter our country.
    Nobody can agree on the platform. There are at least a dozen of them out there right now but many civil liberty unions are going hard against them.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Data Sovereignty?

https://education.alberta.ca/media/3...lkit-final.pdf

That said, they can probably get away with slapping those instance in Toronto and Montreal to stay within the border.

My guess is they are being cheap and don't want to pay the bottomless price of handling the surge.
    I have no idea how this works. You basically pay for overflow on a per user basis?

My Ride
    Bicycle

I have no idea how this works. You basically pay for overflow on a per user basis?
    Yeah, basically you can scale up or out until all requests are met. No idea what AB gov is using but looks like some sort of IIS app pool resource exhaustion. You always pay on server resources, how many users you can handle for the resource is based on how good/bad the code is.

My Ride
    ute

Yeah, basically you can scale up or out until all requests are met. No idea what AB gov is using but looks like some sort of IIS app pool resource exhaustion. You always pay on server resources, how many users you can handle for the resource is based on how good/bad the code is.
    Sop from an end user standpoint, there is no way to optimize other than refreshing?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sop from an end user standpoint, there is no way to optimize other than refreshing?
    Yup. If they are not hosting in the cloud, the resources they can allocate is finite. And that's also assuming the code or software package they picked can be scale out in the first place.

And they already throw up user warning and basically to try again...
    As anticipated, we are experiencing very high volumes with the AHS COVID-19 immunization booking tool. The tool remains live. If you are having trouble accessing the site, please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience.
    Now I have to wonder if staff manning 811 is having any better time into this scheduling tool.

EDIT: Yeah, it's fucking MS Sharepoint..... I bet 811 people are using the same interface and probably have the same challenge.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-24-2021 at 10:30 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    The 'natural herd immunity' approach failed.
    The sub 0.5% death rate without vaccines already shows immunity. If seniors, not just in LTC homes, were adequately protected and took their own precautions our death rate would be negligible. We don't need to wait for September to open up this country. It's almost like they are deliberately trying to drag out these restrictions and lockdowns with whatever models they spew out. This sets a bad precedent for future pandemics and flu variants, our pathetic society will be locked into their homes whenever a natural virus kills the sickest and oldest. Vaccines can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    The sub 0.5% death rate without vaccines already shows immunity.
    Not dying is not the same as showing immunity.

My Ride
    ute

The sub 0.5% death rate without vaccines already shows immunity. If seniors, not just in LTC homes, were adequately protected and took their own precautions our death rate would be negligible. We don't need to wait for September to open up this country. It's almost like they are deliberately trying to drag out these restrictions and lockdowns with whatever models they spew out. This sets a bad precedent for future pandemics and flu variants, our pathetic society will be locked into their homes whenever a natural virus kills the sickest and oldest. Vaccines can only do so much.
    Who are you trying to convince with the dumb shit that you say? Someone on this forum that has not already made up their mind and thinks your very sensible hot takes must be some hidden truth? Or are you upset that there is no other outlet for waving your cane at the world, so getting it off of your chest here (repeated ad nauseum) makes you feel better.

My Ride
    Edge

The sub 0.5% death rate without vaccines
    Why do people keep making this out as though the "death rate" is the only thing that matters?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Why do people keep making this out as though the "death rate" is the only thing that matters?
    Because that argument won't stand if you use hospitalization or the fact that COVID kills 3-4x more people than flus we encountered in the past.

And how COVID wreck our health care resources.

The study also found that COVID-19 patients were four times more likely to require breathing machines, nearly 2.5 times more likely to be admitted to intensive care, and stayed in the hospital an average of three days longer than flu patients.
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...u-data-shows#1

Because that argument won't stand if you use hospitalization or the fact that COVID kills 3-4x more people than flus we encountered in the past.
    Or that there are other lasting health effects after getting Covid, like the excess scar tissue in the lungs being a common one.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Or that there are other lasting health effects after getting Covid, like the excess scar tissue in the lungs being a common one.
    If a clear and present danger doesn't convince them COVID is a problem, what happen to people who recovered/recovering is probably even less of a concern for them.

Didn’t you guys know diseases are binary? You either die or you live. There is nothing in between. Things like long term effects, hospitalizations, lost productivity due to time off work etc are irrelevant things that the government is using as scare tactics to aid in their goal of absolute control.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

And how COVID wreck our health care resources.
    C19 has destroyed our healthcare system so much that:

- walk in clinics are ghost towns
    - ALS is closing locations in the city or reducing hours - getting a blood test now takes a month
    - medical services buildings are also ghost towns
    - diagnostic imaging services (private) are shutting down due to lack of patients, AHS diagnostics is doing 24-48 hour response time for non urgent matters, that use to take weeks.
    - emerg wait times are down from 3 hours to 30 minutes
    Last edited by revelations; 02-24-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

- ALS is closing locations in the city or reducing hours - getting a blood test now takes a month
    - diagnostic imaging services (private) are shutting down due to lack of patients, AHS diagnostics is doing 24-48 hour response time, that use to take weeks.
    - neurology and cardiovascular operations had to be reduced to emergency only to shift staff to the ICU
    - thousands of elective surgeries had to be postponed in November and December due to shortage of necessary beds and lack of staff as resources had to be reallocated

My Ride
    Bicycle

- diagnostic imaging services (private) are shutting down due to lack of patients, AHS diagnostics is doing 24-48 hour response time for non urgent matters, that use to take weeks.
    Most of that are due to people are not coming out unless it's life and death. I have also stopped all massages/chiro/physio visits until I can't tough it out with pain killers any more.

At least we still get to see our GPs... I heard some GPs in Ontario will only do online meetings now.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Most of that are due to people are not coming out unless it's life and death. I have also stopped all massages/chiro/physio visits until I can't tough it out with pain killers any more.

At least we still get to see our GPs... I heard some GPs in Ontario will only do online meetings now.
    Not only that, AHS is planning on laying off some 11,000 positions in our province - in the middle of a 'pandemic' - and then the UCP have the audacity to claim that patients in ICU is some kind of metric to go by in terms of how long the province should stay crippled.

The fact they are even discussing healthcare layoffs, during the 'supposed' time of most 'stress' on the system, tells you whats really going on. If this was a real pandemic, they would be on a hiring spree - not layoffs.

For the record, they are planning on privatizing many of the services, but hundreds of front line staff will still be affected. 11,000 public jobs =/= 11,000 private jobs created.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Not only that, AHS is planning on laying off some 11,000 positions in our province - in the middle of a 'pandemic' - and then the UCP have the audacity to claim that patients in ICU is some kind of metric to go by in terms of how long the province should stay crippled.

The fact they are even discussing layoffs, during the 'supposed' time of most 'stress' on the system, tells you whats really going on. If this was a real pandemic, they would be on a hiring spree - not layoffs.

For the record, they are planning on privatizing lost of the services, but hundreds of front line staff will still be affected.
    Well it's outsourcing, not laying off. The same people will probably keep working at their same jobs, probably for less.

And none are professionals that needed to man the ICUs. May indirectly supports it.

Page 39 of 365 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast