Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 248 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 248 of 365 FirstFirst ... 238 247 248 249 258 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nobody is arguing that people should be fat
    Old Navy is with that fucking billboard. The ad is too.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    I disagree:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covi...-or-obese.html

Japan is also one of the largest tobacco consumers in the world.
    https://www.who.int/tobacco/surveill...rofile/jpn.pdf

The point is, these four factors are broad, but very simple to mitigate. And arguably they have the biggest impact on public health, regardless of pandemia.
    So 75% of population is overweight/obese. 78% of hospitalize is overweight/obese. Sounds about right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    nobody is arguing that people should be fat
    Go back to the BMI thread.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I was saying booo-urns....
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

What's the point in being top of the food chain, if not to get fat without being murdered by a predator?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Tell ya what, let the unvaccinated have their own healthcare fund that they contribute and can withdraw, and the vaccinated have a separate one. Enjoy.
    I think this will get very complicated trying to figure out who fits in the vax/unvax pool, the smoking/non smoking pool, the eats veggies/doesn't eat veggies pool, workout/non workout pool, etc etc. How do we handle the overlaps? Maybe a weighted factor for each of the 3000 pools, and then can add factors together for people that belong to multiples, and that's the multiplier factor we use to determine how much of your healthcare costs are not funded publicly.

Funny to see how many retards think these are good ideas without an inch of foresight to see where it would go, and how badly it would hurt them. But it's interesting to see how many people support privatized healthcare without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    So 75% of population is overweight/obese. 78% of hospitalize is overweight/obese. Sounds about right?
    If you clicked the article...

Just over 42% of the U.S. population was considered obese in 2018, according to the agency’s most recent statistics. Overweight is defined as having a body mass index of 25 or more, while obesity is defined as having a BMI of 30 or more.

The Shots Aren't Working! We need to give more people the Shots!

Name:  Covid-meme.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  21.5 KB

My Ride
    is faster than yours

But in the article you linked, it stated that 50% of hospitalizations were obese (not including the overweight %) and 42% of the US population is obese…that actually seems to be a relatively reasonable correlation for high level stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I'm sorry, but you miss the mark on every one of your arguments here. Vaccines have never eliminated viruses. They prepare your body to fight and suppress whatever you're vaccinated for by means of creating antibodies, giving you the jump on when you're exposed essentially snuffing out and preventing it from being harmful, and thereby reducing spread, reducing R, and subsequently making said virus mostly inconsequential. For this to work as has been said countless times, there has to be enough uptake for this to be effective, otherwise you still have a bunch of high viral loads running around and allowing more mutations to grab hold. And yes there is value in getting vaccinated post infection. Here is one such brief study discussing the benefit: https://tinyurl.com/2srm8zxs . If you don't like reading, the takeaway was that you are 2.3x more likely to reinfect post COVID if you choose to not vaccinate. Or here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2782139 , indicated that *shocker* yes, you do get antibody load with infection but vaccination elevates you to superhero status and reduces variant infection? So why would anyone choose not to?
    I think there's more to the story about vaccinated vs prior infection:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....19.21262111v1
    Conclusions This study demonstrates individuals who received the Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine have different kinetics of antibody levels compared to patients who had been infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, with higher initial levels but a much faster exponential decrease in the first group.
    Explains why boosters are now being considered, whereas the incidence of reinfection remains extremely low.

Also found this article out of Forbes interesting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=18ab99b5131b

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus pleaded with countries during a news conference in Hungary “to share what can be used for boosters” to help other places “increase their first and second vaccination coverage,” according to reporters at the event.

He argued that wealthy nations stockpiling the vaccine increases the risk that stronger variants will develop in countries with low inoculation rates.

Not only could the hyper infectious delta variant become “more virulent,” but “more potent variants could also emerge” if the virus gets “the chance to circulate in countries with low vaccination coverage,” Ghebreyesus warned.

Furthermore, the WHO director called into question whether booster shots are “effective at all,” a comment that comes days after the organization’s chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan said “data today does not indicate that boosters are needed.”

Ghebreyesus said boosters should only be doled out to people with weak immune systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    But in the article you linked, it stated that 50% of hospitalizations were obese (not including the overweight %) and 42% of the US population is obeseÂ…that actually seems to be a relatively reasonable correlation for high level stats.
    Good point, and including overweight/obesity together Xtrema is pretty close (actual number is 73.6% per CDC). My bad for calling him out haha. @Xtrema I apologize.

That said:

ICU admissions and deaths was lowest among individuals with BMIs under 25. The risk of severe illness “sharply increased,” however, as BMIs rose, particularly among people 65 and older, the agency said.
    It's pretty clear that being fat = bad time with COVID.

I think the argument is there that vaccinations for at-risk populations should be a no-brainer, and otherwise fit/healthy/young/no-comorbidities should be optional and based on a solid risk assessment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the risk of adverse effects from vaccine for a model 20-year old male is higher than the risk of adverse effects from covid infection, given the higher rates of neurological disease, cardiovascular complications and other side effects in vaccinated populations.

This is where the 'one-size-fits-all' vaccination approach is just bonkers. Obese Grandpa with COPD? Get that fucking double/triple dose ASAP.

17-year old Jimmy playing in the WHL and the model of health? not quite as clear cut. This could change, obviously, if the virus becomes more infectious AND more pathogenic as time goes on, but historically we would see less pathogenesis and higher infectiousness - which appears to be the case with Delta.

My Ride
    ute

I think the argument is there that vaccinations for at-risk populations should be a no-brainer, and otherwise fit/healthy/young/no-comorbidities should be optional and based on a solid risk assessment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the risk of adverse effects from vaccine for a model 20-year old male is higher than the risk of adverse effects from covid infection, given the higher rates of neurological disease, cardiovascular complications and other side effects in vaccinated populations.
    Stop. You're making my eyes bleed and my brain is also starting to complain.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Marth is great
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

At one point there were well-intentioned people who wanted more information to make up their minds, and then at some later point, sufficient information became available for those people to decide one way or the other. Now we are so far past those points that nobody is going to change anyone's mind on anything. This has devolved into a philosophical debate, and debates of that type cannot be concluded to anyone's satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

At the end of the day, most of them are going to get the vacc just so they have the ability to leave their homes and do something remotely fun like go to a flames game or get on a flight.. Once that hits home (and they realize complaining on FB isnt going to stop it), it'll be great.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I'm a few months in of being double vax'd, waiting to drop dead or my skin to fall off any day now

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    At one point there were well-intentioned people who wanted more information to make up their minds, and then at some later point, sufficient information became available for those people to decide one way or the other. Now we are so far past those points that nobody is going to change anyone's mind on anything. This has devolved into a philosophical debate, and debates of that type cannot be concluded to anyone's satisfaction.
    It's past philosophical debate, and now it's a test.

My Ride
    Bicycle

78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

42% of the U.S. population was considered obese
    That article is poorly written. Overweight or obese is hovering around 70-75% of population. 42% are obese.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I'm a few months in of being double vax'd, waiting to drop dead or my skin to fall off any day now
    You ded … in about a week … give or take

My Ride
    Bicycle

Delta employees: Unvaccinated will have to pay $200/mth extra on healthcare insurance surcharge.

AC employees: Unvaccinated will be terminated by Oct 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Delta employees: Unvaccinated will have to pay $200/mth extra on healthcare insurance surcharge.

AC employees: Unvaccinated will be terminated by Oct 30th.
    And this right here demonstrates why this has SFA to do with whether you're pro or anti vax. And why so many fully vaccinated people are against this shit. This is an argument about your future (and current apparently) freedom of personal autonomy. If you're(Not you Xtrema, the proverbial you's in society) going to normalize, applaud, and set legal precedence that ties people's right to make a living to what the government is allowed to force in your body. You can rest assured this will end very badly, as there is officially no end to what they can legally mandate any of us to do. One thing about voluntarily getting on a slippery slope, is you virtually always end up slipping a lot farther down that slope than you wanted to.

Page 248 of 365 FirstFirst ... 238 247 248 249 258 ... LastLast