Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 309 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 309 of 365 FirstFirst ... 299 308 309 310 319 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Experienced that in Hawaii last time I was there, I had no clue what pre-check was when I clicked for it. The security guard looked at me like I was pavlov’s moron of a dog when I took off my shoes and started pulling my electronics out of my bag.
    I have found knowledge of the program varies significantly on either side of the border.

Be prepared to take it all off either way.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-...nned-1.6207561

Texas bans vaccine mandates. Freedom!
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I'm guessing this is to not confuse the CATSA workers, based on my experiences with most, I imagine there is a chart in their break room showing which shoe goes on which foot.
    ForrestgumpIQchart.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I'm guessing this is to not confuse the CATSA workers, based on my experiences with most, I imagine there is a chart in their break room showing which shoe goes on which foot.
    The trusted traveler program (Canadian side) faq states that belts, shoes and light jackets stay on. YYC airport does not follow that properly, so it’s annoyingly confusing. 90% of the time they ask for everything to come off. I think it’s dependent if they actually have a trusted traveler screening line open, so only on really busy days to you get full advantage of it when they have that specific screening line available.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The trusted traveler program (Canadian side) faq states that belts, shoes and light jackets stay on. YYC airport does not follow that properly, so it’s annoyingly confusing. 90% of the time they ask for everything to come off. I think it’s dependent if they actually have a trusted traveler screening line open, so only on really busy days to you get full advantage of it when they have that specific screening line available.
    Now imagine every restaurant, stadium, theatre etc. have actual mask/passport guidelines vs what they have to apply as a minimum wage employee.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think the BC vaccine passport discussion from AndyL and whoever else shows how well that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Now imagine every restaurant, stadium, theatre etc. have actual mask/passport guidelines vs what they have to apply as a minimum wage employee.
    It’s hilariously bad. One restaurant demanded kids have ID. So I’m like ok lemme get pics of their passport. They sat us while waiting for the pics. They never followed up lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It’s hilariously bad. One restaurant demanded kids have ID. So I’m like ok lemme get pics of their passport. They sat us while waiting for the pics. They never followed up lol.
    A buddy tried to go to a Tim hortons, showed them his ab records, and license, then they asked him for a negative test from the last 72 hours. He went somewhere else for his coffee.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People are going to have LONG memories for that kind of BS
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://vac.yeg.dev/

Some dev in Edmonton wrote QR code scanner site before AHS. lol.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Update on my vax booking.

I got an email saying I can book. So I followed the link and signed myself up for tomorrow in Red Deer at the AHS vax site. I'll update you tomorrow. (First shot was Pf. second was mods, this shot should be mods as well.)
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Interesting video highlighting Matt taibbi’s latest on the covid treatment pill. Essentially there migh have been delays on approval because some bureaucrats though it might hurt covid vaccination numbers

I’m totally in board with both or either as a solution for getting past covid, curious if the 100% must vax crowd on beyond would be fine with antivaxxers taking a pill that reduces symptoms (and possibly reduces healthcare burden up to 50%) as a middle ground solution. (Fully understanding that some of them will say hell no because it is a new pharmaceutical)
    Last edited by finboy; 10-12-2021 at 12:17 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Too chickenshit to take a needle because they don’t want microchips but will be okay with a pill with “perfectly safe” medication.

Interesting video highlighting Matt taibbi’s latest on the covid treatment pill. Essentially there migh have been delays on approval because some bureaucrats though it might hurt covid vaccination numbers

I’m totally in board with both or either as a solution for getting past covid, curious if the 100% must vax crowd on beyond would be fine with antivaxxers taking a pill that reduces symptoms (and possibly reduces healthcare burden up to 50%) as a middle ground solution. (Fully understanding that some of them will say hell no because it is a new pharmaceutical)
    Its just Ivermectin rebranded.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Too chickenshit to take a needle because they don’t want microchips but will be okay with a pill with “perfectly safe” medication.
    I don’t care why people make the choices they do, just the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    I’d still be interested in a wider scale study of ivermectin from a more reliable source. What we have so far is some copy/paste job which doctored results on one side, and the demonization of the entire drug as “lol horse dewormer.” If it turns out to be bunk, so be it, if it turns out to have some impact, one more tool in the workbench to solve the issue. I never understood the standpoint of “we should ONLY be exploring vaccines” that comes across from certain groups.

I’d still be interested in a wider scale study of ivermectin from a more reliable source. What we have so far is some copy/paste job which doctored results on one side, and the demonization of the entire drug as “lol horse dewormer.” If it turns out to be bunk, so be it, if it turns out to have some impact, one more tool in the workbench to solve the issue. I never understood the standpoint of “we should ONLY be exploring vaccines” that comes across from certain groups.
    I agree with you, they should be looking at treatment options. I find it hard to believe they thought 100% of the population would get the vaccine that hasn't been fully tested.

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    Not sure if you’re serious, but no it certainly isn’t.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2R32JP

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

there is a proper study being done now on Ivermectin, it will be a few months and we should have those answers.

On one hand the pill is a good thing, but why look at it as either or... why not both...

the vax is still going to prevent the spread which is what we need, having a something to deal with breakthrough and the anti-vaxxers is all good.

unless you go full authoritarian you will never get to 100% vax. No vax has ever gotten to 100%. but how political this has gotten is out of control and the ease in which misinformation is spread is a game changer.

kind of serious. NIH is considering this as a potential antiviral treatment for covid 19. I would assume they are studying the human use versions, not the veterinarian version (horse paste).

second one down.
    https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...bles/table-2e/

NIH is currently conducting clinical trials.
    https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...py/ivermectin/

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I appreciate the answers in good faith, I suspect the ethics component is where we don’t fully align as I side more so on the insurance side (business background) and you align on not voluntarily denying service (medical background). I’d be curious to hear your take on externalities (global vaccination and how stringent our travel considerations should be) in preventing future variants which would get us back to square one.

The nexus example is my nightmare scenario, I do not want to see security theatre like mask policy or passports stick around once our icu’s are safe. Sadly I don’t think most Canadians are aligned with this, the worst parts of our population (Reddit) cheer on masks forever, and I worry years of conditioning will create a security blanket for a not insignificant portion of our voting populous.
    I'd definitely have to think on it a bit on the prevention of future variants. I think we are just in a high state of virus severity, and historically speaking that should naturally reduce by means of increased vaccination or natural acquired immunity to the nuisance point I made in an earlier post. I'm not sure what that timeline is but I still believe it to be longer than necessary because of the holdouts. If we can essentially snuff out the severe outcomes altogether that is win and there should be no issue accepting that as a regular risk as any other transmissible virus would be.

I agree entirely with the masking permanence being a concern. Its a thing that is being floated at my workplace as well, that we will never not wear masks as standard PPE. I definitely look forward to getting back to a place where expression and communication can be restored naturally and our risks are mitigated by means of internal protection vs. external.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 309 of 365 FirstFirst ... 299 308 309 310 319 ... LastLast