Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 67 of 365 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Lariat

Phoned the Shoppers by my house and am booked in for this weekend!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I heard that dental clinics will start vaccinating in May, so I guess there are more doses coming down the line.
    Still no McDonald's drive-thru's though? They usually have some people out front that are well versed in needles.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Contrary to the federal blame game, we do have vaccine production capabilities in Canada. Sanofi owns it, and produces flu vaccines, something like 20% of world supplies iirc. They approached Canada on plans, and we out all our eggs into the backfired China basket. By the time Canada went back to them, they’ve already pivoted Canada site as R&D only for the GSK vaccine so it was too late. If we had acted faster and poured money there, we could have been up and running to produce mRNA (or maybe it was AZ) vaccines by November 2020.

What ended up happening with Sanofi (again by memory) is that by Sept 2020 we signed an agreement to produce GSK vaccine here by late 2021, and last week we invested in expanding their vaccine production facility to be ready in a few years.
    Also hindsight.... Sanofi is far behind, it won't make a difference.

https://www.sanofi.com/en/about-us/o...ainst-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Still no McDonald's drive-thru's though? They usually have some people out front that are well versed in needles.
    Oh how I miss Stephen Ave.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Also hindsight.... Sanofi is far behind, it won't make a difference.

https://www.sanofi.com/en/about-us/o...ainst-covid-19
    Not GSK. Sanofi has been helping Pfizer produce their vaccine. AZ also offers production licenses to anyone willing to help make theirs. I just can't remember which one the Canadian facilities could be upgraded to produce if we started in Mar/Apr 2020 instead of September when it was too late.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    For those people booking vaccines, do you get a choice of which one they give you? I'm nowhere near being eligible yet just curious.
    Pharmacies are only getting one type of vaccine each so it just depends which pharmacy you book at, the map is below. One pharmacy could be a Pfizer one while the one up the street is a Moderna one.

Scroll to bottom:
    https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/news/cov...nformation.php

As for domestic production - I think in the end Canada made the right bet, if we'd focused more on domestic production and less on big external contracts we'd be so fucked right now. Look at Astra Zeneca even, they went from being the world front-runner and so much hype behind their vaccine to being an embarrassment. They've missed deliveries in nearly every major location besides the UK. Europe bet heavily on AZ producing plants within Europe and look where they are at, Canada does 50% more doses per day per person than the EU right now.

Do you really think Canada would've done better? Probably not, we'd be over budget and behind schedule and in a larger mess. Pfizer has absolutely been crushing it worldwide and Canada made the best possible bet loading up on Pfizer. Moderna was our second biggest bet and guess what, they've also been the only other vaccine market to hit their production targets (albeit just barely, but still making it).
    Last edited by pheoxs; 04-08-2021 at 10:21 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    As for domestic production - I think in the end Canada made the right bet, if we'd focused more on domestic production and less on big external contracts we'd be so fucked right now. Look at Astra Zeneca even, they went from being the world front-runner and so much hype behind their vaccine to being an embarrassment. They've missed deliveries in nearly every major location besides the UK. Europe bet heavily on AZ producing plants within Europe and look where they are at, Canada does 50% more doses per day per person than the EU right now.

Do you really think Canada would've done better? Probably not, we'd be over budget and behind schedule and in a larger mess. Pfizer has absolutely been crushing it worldwide and Canada made the best possible bet loading up on Pfizer. Moderna was our second biggest bet and guess what, they've also been the only other vaccine market to hit their production targets (albeit just barely, but still making it).
    Why not both?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Why not both?
    Yeah, if we had a chance to bet on making mRNA vaccine and didn't, Trudeau (or his advising panel) really f'd up.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Why not both?
    Ideally yeah, but I'd bet that if we dropped half a billion on a domestic supply that they wouldn't have purchased nearly as many doses from other manufacturers.

I definitely think Canada dropped the ball, especially since they could've also been pitched as diversification by growing Canada future medical industry. But I don't think out vaccine situation would be much better at the current moment

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ideally yeah, but I'd bet that if we dropped half a billion on a domestic supply that they wouldn't have purchased nearly as many doses from other manufacturers.

I definitely think Canada dropped the ball, especially since they could've also been pitched as diversification by growing Canada future medical industry. But I don't think out vaccine situation would be much better at the current moment
    It's not like we've been delivered all our orders haha.

We were just way too late on everything. Betting on China and only China in March without a backup plan was the wrong move. We didn't make orders till August, which may or may not been a contributing factor in how slow we're getting deliveries (probably not a factor). Ignoring the potential for domestic production early on as a backup plan was retarded.

Not GSK. Sanofi has been helping Pfizer produce their vaccine. AZ also offers production licenses to anyone willing to help make theirs. I just can't remember which one the Canadian facilities could be upgraded to produce if we started in Mar/Apr 2020 instead of September when it was too late.
    Sanofi's made a deal with BioNtech (and Pfizer) to produce vaccine in January, but don't expect any doses until the summer. Same with J&J.

Off hand I would guess AZ because they were always built on licensing while Pfizer/BioNtech and Moderna weren't. Even Sanofi's current mRNA stuff is in the R&D phase. But even if we had gone with that pivot to AZ it still might not have put us in any different spot. Australia has their own production and was ready to go in November with AZ, but still couldn't get doses out until late March and are also facing the same under-50 concern.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Made my appointment yesterday at 8am online for today at 9am at the richmond vaccine center (old children's hospital on 17th). Super easy and relatively fast (15min wait after the shot to watch for reactions).
    Pfizer ftw!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think I feel a bad case of the autism coming on.

If I awkwardly stare at the nurses chest when getting jabbed that should seal the deal right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

It's not like we've been delivered all our orders haha.

We were just way too late on everything. Betting on China and only China in March without a backup plan was the wrong move. We didn't make orders till August, which may or may not been a contributing factor in how slow we're getting deliveries (probably not a factor). Ignoring the potential for domestic production early on as a backup plan was retarded.
    I don't think our deliveries would've changed much even if we'd tried to order a month or two before. There was an article where the Pfizer CEO made a comment that he didn't expect Canada would approve their vaccine in December and so there was a bit of a scramble to actually prepare Q1 deliveries to Canada as they'd expected approval would come a few months later.

If Sanofi actually had mRNA production potential then our government was indeed fucking stupid not to capitalize on it. I thought they'd go with AZ since it's easier/cheaper to produce and license. Hopefully they push forward even now as with all the variants I'm guessing we'll need boosters plus maybe we can make flu shots more effective if they swap to mRNA vaccines eventually. Fuck it'd be nice to eradicate the flu in our lifetime.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think I feel a bad case of the autism coming on.

If I awkwardly stare at the nurses chest when getting jabbed that should seal the deal right?
    Depends how hot she is. You might qualify for seizures.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If Sanofi actually had mRNA production potential then our government was indeed fucking stupid not to capitalize on it. I thought they'd go with AZ since it's easier/cheaper to produce and license. Hopefully they push forward even now as with all the variants I'm guessing we'll need boosters plus maybe we can make flu shots more effective if they swap to mRNA vaccines eventually. Fuck it'd be nice to eradicate the flu in our lifetime.
    Sanofi didn't have production potential in March. They reached out to Canada govt to see what their plans were as they can upgrade the existing facilities in 9 months, and were ignored. They ended up doing all their covid production elsewhere, with their Canadian team pivoting to R&D. By the time Canada reached out to them in September, it was way too late.

This just irks me because we keep blaming Mulroney for destroying production facilities. It's still here. It's still running. All of our yearly flu vaccines comes from there. We didn't take advantage of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dubbs View Post
    Made my appointment yesterday at 8am online for today at 9am at the richmond vaccine center (old children's hospital on 17th). Super easy and relatively fast (15min wait after the shot to watch for reactions).
    Pfizer ftw!
    Do they ask for proof of your condition at the AHS sites? Not sure how I would be able to give them anything for my appointment on Sunday asides from showing them my inhaler.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Do they ask for proof of your condition at the AHS sites? Not sure how I would be able to give them anything for my appointment on Sunday asides from showing them my inhaler.
    Nope. They're trying to get jabs in arms, and not enough appointments. That's why it opened up to all ages 2B so quickly. You can still get next day appointments if you refresh enough.

My Ride
    ute

Nope. They're trying to get jabs in arms, and not enough appointments. That's why it opened up to all ages 2B so quickly. You can still get next day appointments if you refresh enough.
    2c, 2d and 3 will be coming soon i think

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    2c, 2d and 3 will be coming soon i think
    Agreed. While there are 1m legit 2B people, there's a surprising amount of them reading @SportEL posts and reluctant to book. Waiting it out till later.

Take advantage of their silliness.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Do they ask for proof of your condition at the AHS sites?
    Conditions don't really come with membership cards
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Page 67 of 365 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast